PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Division 1A 2005/06

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18

W.R.F.C
31/07/2006, 2:25 PM
darren glasheen is a keeper and daz is a striker!
got my wires crossed,taught he was the small keeper summerville had last year,he was alrite but i taught he was the one going to boro. Thanks for putting me rite

booster 03
31/07/2006, 5:15 PM
dunno, i think hes now staying, you no him..away with the birds half the time, he'l get 20 goals a season if he played with summervile a full season.think coz is defeinately in goals, met him the other day, he's a confidence keeper, but kinda goes from one extreme to the other at times!

summervilleman
31/07/2006, 7:03 PM
is darren glasheen still at the boro, if so would daz b better than him. Best of luck this season summervilleman, any predictions on how it will go this year

i am thinking that we will be there or there abouts at the end of the season..we are going to give it a good lash anyways...will always be tough with the likes of wembly and herbertstown in there as well as the boys coming down from, the premier and then there are the 2 coming up which not many know about..heard cappa are pretty strong...and bruffs field is brutal??

summervilleman
31/07/2006, 7:05 PM
dunno, i think hes now staying, you no him..away with the birds half the time, he'l get 20 goals a season if he played with summervile a full season.think coz is defeinately in goals, met him the other day, he's a confidence keeper, but kinda goes from one extreme to the other at times!

ah yeah thats our cossy..hope he is in goals.,.,.him or sla!!!
Myself and daz up front...guarenteed at least 35 goals between us..no bother!!!

booster 03
31/07/2006, 8:23 PM
ya and about 400 hundred missed one on ones, he was trainin again tonite, so i dunno wat hes going to do, fingers crossed cos hes a class act.brian keating will be a big loss though.

summervilleman
31/07/2006, 8:36 PM
yeah Keating will be a hugh loss but John Shine will slot straight in there...He was played out of position all year last year..Center half is his natural position..He played there twice last year for us and in both games we kept a clean sheet!!!
Yes an i will miss about 300 of them one on ones but if we get 35-40 goals between us then i would be happy...many there at training tonight....I wil be back next week all going well!! beware he he

abbeyvale
01/08/2006, 7:48 AM
yeah Keating will be a hugh loss but John Shine will slot straight in there...He was played out of position all year last year..Center half is his natural position..He played there twice last year for us and in both games we kept a clean sheet!!!
Yes an i will miss about 300 of them one on ones but if we get 35-40 goals between us then i would be happy...many there at training tonight....I wil be back next week all going well!! beware he he

I hope when you say 35-40 goals between you that you are talking about just league goals, coz 35-40 overall goals for 2 main strikers wont be enough.

Derek Hannon scored 27 league and 13 cup goals last season totalling 40 goals in all comps and he was suspended from Feb 01st until the end of the season.

John Barry scored 19 league goals and 9 cup goals last season totalling 28 goals in all comps and he too was suspended from Feb 01st until the end of the season.

So to put things into perspective our 2 main strikers scored 68 goals between them in all comps last season and they both missed 3-4 months of the season, so they will be like two new signings for us this season.

If your to win the league and have a good run in all cup comps your two main strikers would need to hitting a joint target of around 50 goals or more NOT 35.

Anyway, best of luck

allab
01/08/2006, 9:50 AM
I hope when you say 35-40 goals between you that you are talking about just league goals, coz 35-40 overall goals for 2 main strikers wont be enough.

Derek Hannon scored 27 league and 13 cup goals last season totalling 40 goals in all comps and he was suspended from Feb 01st until the end of the season.

John Barry scored 19 league goals and 9 cup goals last season totalling 28 goals in all comps and he too was suspended from Feb 01st until the end of the season.

So to put things into perspective our 2 main strikers scored 68 goals between them in all comps last season and they both missed 3-4 months of the season, so they will be like two new signings for us this season.

If your to win the league and have a good run in all cup comps your two main strikers would need to hitting a joint target of around 50 goals or more NOT 35.

Anyway, best of luck
did ye sign anyone new abbeyvale??

booster 03
01/08/2006, 10:46 AM
ya had about 16 again, playin star thurs nite above in the island, dont think the manager is expecting a miracle up there just wants to have a look at a few players on th pitch for the first time.

abbeyvale
02/08/2006, 7:56 AM
ya had about 16 again, playin star thurs nite above in the island, dont think the manager is expecting a miracle up there just wants to have a look at a few players on th pitch for the first time.

It's Lee Estate, and we will be in the same boat as ye with playing a few new bodies, couldnt imagine we'll put out a strong side.

see's it
02/08/2006, 10:34 AM
It's Lee Estate, and we will be in the same boat as ye with playing a few new bodies, couldnt imagine we'll put out a strong side.

so your a cert to start then...........

abbeyvale
02/08/2006, 11:07 AM
so your a cert to start then...........

funny man, who you playing with this season?

W.R.F.C
02/08/2006, 2:37 PM
Playing the view tonite, back training just a week and were playing them in a freindly. Tough one, hopefully they will have a few out on holidays. did they sign many this year

peter ryan
02/08/2006, 3:15 PM
wheres dat match on and wat time

booster 03
02/08/2006, 9:40 PM
ya, remember though gettin an awful hammering up there last year though,we'l see how things get on

Old keeper
02/08/2006, 11:40 PM
Hi the 2006-2007 divisions are now posted on www.ldmc.ie

W.R.F.C
03/08/2006, 7:22 AM
ya, remember though gettin an awful hammering up there last year though,we'l see how things get on
we won 2 1, but saying that, the view didnt have a strong team out, full of new comers and young fellas, but we played all rite for only going back training last week

booster 03
04/08/2006, 1:15 AM
drew one all wit star.. team played ok against a 'premier' side.. robbie carey in goals for star, where has colopy gone, if carey is playin all year expect a very qiuck return to 1 a.. he's just a shaper who'l fake an injury when the ball slips under his legs in a big match, anyway besides.. best of luck star.(ye'l probably need it judging by tonite). derek hannon still yer best player by a mile

abbeyvale
04/08/2006, 10:08 PM
drew one all wit star.. team played ok against a 'premier' side.. robbie carey in goals for star, where has colopy gone, if carey is playin all year expect a very qiuck return to 1 a.. he's just a shaper who'l fake an injury when the ball slips under his legs in a big match, anyway besides.. best of luck star.(ye'l probably need it judging by tonite). derek hannon still yer best player by a mile

Wouldnt judge us on last nights performance for a number of reason's.

Missing a few players & Its very hard to motivate players for a friendly but in saying that I think Summerville had one shot on target all game and scored from it.

Ger Collopy is working up the country and will be avilable for the start of the season, plus others to come back are Len O'Grady, Derek Hogan, Darren Walsh, Eddie Wallace, Peter Clarke, to name a few.

Best of luck for next season

cartman
08/08/2006, 11:38 AM
summervilleman we tried to get cozzy up for us at the start ofthe season, heard he won yer b team a rake of trophies over the past two seasons, he would be more then welcome up at star.. in saying that, ye have a couple of very good keepers down there athe mo.. brian slattery, is it??, wuold have got on most prem teams after his performances last season.. was a bit surprised ye brought in a new keeper... if i picked a 1a team from last year this would be my starting 11 :
1. brian slattery.. summerville
2. brian keating.. summerville
3. gary joyce... wembley
4. alan morton... star
5. jeffrey joyce... star
6. mark hannon... corbally
7. david quinn... wembley
8. john barry.. star
9. derek hannon.. star
10. peter ryan... corbally
11. peter clarke... star
any views on this?? who do ye think will be the stars of 1A this season???????
in saying that, with star gone, they're are very few soccer players left in 1a!!!!

W.R.F.C
08/08/2006, 12:30 PM
summervilleman we tried to get cozzy up for us at the start ofthe season, heard he won yer b team a rake of trophies over the past two seasons, he would be more then welcome up at star.. in saying that, ye have a couple of very good keepers down there athe mo.. brian slattery, is it??, wuold have got on most prem teams after his performances last season.. was a bit surprised ye brought in a new keeper... if i picked a 1a team from last year this would be my starting 11 :
3. gary joyce... wembley
4. alan morton... star
5. jeffrey joyce... star
8. john barry.. star
9. derek hannon.. star
11. peter clarke... star
in saying that, with star gone, they're are very few soccer players left in 1a!!!!

Shane fahy of wembly should do very well this season along with barry dillon and seamus mulcahy, two excellant mid fielders. Itaught the herberstown goalie was the best keeper in 1a last year, not sure will he b the best this season. Im sure there is more than just a few good players in left in 1a. each team can at least name 3 to 4 decent players in their squads if not more.

booster 03
08/08/2006, 9:25 PM
brian slattery... u must be jokin me!!didnt know cozzy was asked to play for star this year either

summervilleman
08/08/2006, 11:49 PM
He was probably asked by the lads playing the astro turf last year...He played with the sin bin and they have a few star players playing for them...that keeper in goals for herbertstown is declan dineen.we tried signing the stubborn git but he wouldn't budge(hey deccie,i know u will be reading this)

summervilleman
08/08/2006, 11:50 PM
any friendlies going on tonight...we(summerville) are playing granville? i know the patsy collopy tourny is on so that will take up a few teams??

W.R.F.C
09/08/2006, 7:22 AM
we are playing the boro tonite, and pike next wednesday. 3 good freindlys to start the season with, unlike last year when we played kennedy park division 4z i think, and a trip out to ballingarry.

allab
09/08/2006, 9:11 AM
3. gary joyce... wembley
4. alan morton... star
5. jeffrey joyce... star
8. john barry.. star
9. derek hannon.. star
11. peter clarke... star

wat about ger collopy the star keeper?
posssibly shane o loughlin from balla b?

scoobysham
09/08/2006, 4:18 PM
does anyone know what bruff and cappamores pitch are like. heard bruffs has electricity cables overhead it

scoobysham
09/08/2006, 4:18 PM
does anyone know what bruff and cappamores pitch are like. heard bruffs has electricity cables overhead it

booster 03
09/08/2006, 8:43 PM
beat granville 2 0 tonite, **** pitch, **** match, nice old win though.any good for u cartman??

abbeyvale
09/08/2006, 11:01 PM
wat about ger collopy the star keeper?
posssibly shane o loughlin from balla b?

And Pa Barry

lim abroad
10/08/2006, 12:45 AM
And Pa Barry

abbeyvale,who's john collopy playing for these days?

W.R.F.C
10/08/2006, 7:14 AM
We had a great result last nite against the boro. Drew one all but the boro only managed to level things at the last kick of the game. Dom played the minors again and what a boost to the squad they are. They played fantastic, and young collopy in goals (16 year old) was man of the match in my eyes, he pulled off a number of breath taking saves. Hopefully management will realise that we need them to play all the matches this season to get promoted, not to just to play them when they have no match in afternoon.

allab
10/08/2006, 10:54 AM
And Pa Barry

forgot bout him, good player!

cartman
10/08/2006, 12:00 PM
does anybody actually take pre season friendlies seriously?? from the results and players ive seen playing for the bigger clubs against 1a teams, id say most prem teams think they are just jog abouts.. whereas 1a teams think they are world beaters when they beat a prem side... does anyone agree with this???
was chatting with a granville source today and he said summerville celebrated as if they had won the league when they beat them... told me granville only fielded half a team at best-and they still should have won...told me summervilles only 2 decent players were the keeper and cyril maher in midfield...theyr defenders supposedly went about kicking fellas for the sake of it... no attitude to have in pre season friendlies either, is it????

predictions for 1a this year
1. wembley
2. herbertstown
3. hill celtic
4. mungret
5. caherdavin

relegated
1.bruff
2.coonagh

W.R.F.C
10/08/2006, 12:35 PM
does anybody actually take pre season friendlies seriously?? from the results and players ive seen playing for the bigger clubs against 1a teams, id say most prem teams think they are just jog abouts.. whereas 1a teams think they are world beaters when they beat a prem side... does anyone agree with this???
was chatting with a granville source today and he said summerville celebrated as if they had won the league when they beat them... told me granville only fielded half a team at best-and they still should have won...told me summervilles only 2 decent players were the keeper and cyril maher in midfield...theyr defenders supposedly went about kicking fellas for the sake of it... no attitude to have in pre season friendlies either, is it????

predictions for 1a this year
1. wembley
2. herbertstown
3. hill celtic
4. mungret
5. caherdavin

relegated
1.bruff
2.coonagh

u seem to have a dis-like of summerville cartman, not to have them in your top 5. Thats a bit harsh, they would be in my top 3 at least. Good team. Bruff and cappamore to get relegated hopefully. Thanks for having us in top spot but it will b even tougher this year, with the likes of mungret, im sure they will get a descent squad together

First
10/08/2006, 1:46 PM
We had a great result last nite against the boro. Drew one all but the boro only managed to level things at the last kick of the game. Dom played the minors again and what a boost to the squad they are. They played fantastic, and young collopy in goals (16 year old) was man of the match in my eyes, he pulled off a number of breath taking saves. Hopefully management will realise that we need them to play all the matches this season to get promoted, not to just to play them when they have no match in afternoon.

What is the latest on Morgan Lewis is he not playing in goal anymore, mind you he wasn't much good anyway.

SummervilleRule
10/08/2006, 3:08 PM
Well Cartman,

We did not celebrate as if we had won any league; happy that we playing ok that's about it, and looking to keep improving.
Did the Granville player forget to mention all the kicking they were doing esp their right back, Doran?
You shouldn't really be commenting on hearsay, since you weren't actually at the match yourself!

foot2
10/08/2006, 3:52 PM
Lads in all fairness is there a decent team there to stop pike this season...
Give me views on what yee think.... Pike have a decent panel together this year good keeper excellent defence and the rest i think speak for them self's especially the signing of alan o shea from waterford... and from whats being said around the pubs and clubs there are more players to arrive to the galvone outfit:) :) :)

scoobysham
10/08/2006, 4:50 PM
What is the latest on Morgan Lewis is he not playing in goal anymore, mind you he wasn't much good anyway.

morgan is in goals for wembley this year and a top class keeper one of the best in town... he is also a very good influence in the dressing room..so in my opinion your talking rubbish pal....

abbeyvale
10/08/2006, 6:34 PM
abbeyvale,who's john collopy playing for these days?

He signed with Abbey last season and played about 6 or 7 games.
He also played with them last night in his Dads tournament but I'm not sure if he actually signed with them.
Abbey also fielded Thomas McInerney, Larry Sheehan, Conor Madden, & Pa Moloney, these along with Trevor McInerney and John Collopy should see them come back up to Div 1a.

lim abroad
10/08/2006, 11:30 PM
Give me views on what yee think.... Pike have a decent panel together this year good keeper excellent defence and the rest i think speak for them self's especially the signing of alan o shea from waterford... and from whats being said around the pubs and clubs there are more players to arrive to the galvone outfit:) :) :)

what position is alan o'shea?can't really see anybody push pike too close,there only weakness was up front really,have they signed any strikers?

lim abroad
10/08/2006, 11:31 PM

lewis is a good keeper

candystripes
10/08/2006, 11:49 PM
does anybody have the fixtures for the start of the league next weekend

Old keeper
11/08/2006, 12:52 AM
does anybody have the fixtures for the start of the league next weekend

The League kicks off on the weekend of the 20th August. Fixtures will be on the website from tomorrow

allab
11/08/2006, 8:23 AM

am sure the boro and balla wil give pike a better run this year pike mite of signed half the town but if there all good players they wont be happy on the bench! hopefully it'll b a lot closer anyway!

leather
11/08/2006, 8:42 AM
dont discount the view and my tip regional

Mercurial Vapor
11/08/2006, 10:03 AM
The League kicks off on the weekend of the 20th August. Fixtures will be on the website from tomorrow

Old Keeper, there seems to be an error in the division 1A fixtures for the weekend of 2/3 September. The home teams qouted are all Premier teams. Could you please advise if you have the correct fixtures at hand.
P.S. Keep up the good work.

Old keeper
11/08/2006, 6:22 PM
Old Keeper, there seems to be an error in the division 1A fixtures for the weekend of 2/3 September. The home teams qouted are all Premier teams. Could you please advise if you have the correct fixtures at hand.
P.S. Keep up the good work.

Hi

Thanks for spotting that. I will upload the file again this evening, If ye spot any more just drop me a line, The Player register will be going up for the start of the season and the transfers will also be posted.

Thanks again

Mungret Regional V Cappamore
Shannon Town V Hill Celtic
Bruff United V Herbertstown
Geraldines V Wembley Rovers
Coonagh United V Ballynanty Rovers
Caherdavin Celtic V Summerville Rovers

larrywhite
11/08/2006, 6:44 PM
Hi Old Keeper,

Will lower divisions fixtures also be on the site tomorrow?

Old keeper
11/08/2006, 10:44 PM
Hi Old Keeper,

Will lower divisions fixtures also be on the site tomorrow?

Hi

I'm afraid the lower divisions won't be up until Monday or Tuesday, Sorry for the delays but were getting there. There is a lot of data to collect and put together in a few weeks.