PDA

View Full Version : Franchise FC v Rovers Live on Setanta

WeAreRovers
23/11/2005, 11:15 AM
The second leg of our journey to the First Division is on live on Setanta on Friday. Kick-off is now 8.05pm. So you can all indulge in a spot of Friday night schadenfreude without having to get off the couch.

KOH

Block G Raptor
23/11/2005, 11:18 AM
Taping it
That gets pride of place in my video collection going to watch rovers relegated over and over and over and over and over. I'll probably never leave the house again (except on friday nights of course):D :D :D

(How Bitter And Twisted Am I ? ............Very!)

dcfcsteve
23/11/2005, 11:56 AM
Excellent news.

Well spotted by Setanta - this could be a cracking game.

Come on Rovers !!

Dodge
23/11/2005, 12:16 PM
****, sorry we didn';t get into the play offs now. Turn out to be right little money spinners. Those evil geniuses (or is it ig geniui) in the 400 club...

WeAreRovers
23/11/2005, 12:22 PM
****, sorry we didn';t get into the play offs now. Turn out to be right little money spinners. Those evil geniuses (or is it ig geniui) in the 400 club...

Except we're away for the second leg so it's sod all use to us financially. Good crowd last night though.

KOH

Poor Student
23/11/2005, 12:23 PM
I'd almost be disappointed about this as I thought you could get quite a big crowd for this one if it wasn't on TV. At least it gives the league some extra coverage and gives those outside Dublin an opportunity to see it too.

pineapple stu
23/11/2005, 12:28 PM
Great news - the play-offs are usually great entertainment. Think Harps v. Derry, UCD v. Athlone, Drogheda v. Galway, etc. Couldn't make the game on Tuesday though, so going to be at Tolka on Friday so it's not much use to me.

pete
23/11/2005, 12:28 PM
Setanta love Tolka park for some strange reason - its as if they can't find the other eL grounds (i know they been to Inchicore & Phibsboro a few times).

Maybe they confused & think Shel$ playing on friday?

Rover 2 U
23/11/2005, 12:33 PM
At least it gives the league some extra coverage

Unless it's another game like last night, in which case it would be the last thing we want those sitting on the fence to see.:(

Lim till i die
23/11/2005, 12:36 PM
Franchise FC? Does this mean Dublin City FC have pulled out or something? :rolleyes:

Thank God the game is on in Tolka, live football from Whitehall would not a good advertisement for the league make :eek:

fergalr
23/11/2005, 12:37 PM
Unless it's another game like last night, in which case it would be the last thing we want those sitting on the fence to see.:(
Can't be as bad as last night (though I thought the same after the Waterford game).

Dodge
23/11/2005, 12:47 PM
Except we're away for the second leg so it's sod all use to us financially. Good crowd last night though.

KOH
Is it not €2,500 for the away team?

pineapple stu
23/11/2005, 12:53 PM
Usual agreement is everything (E5k) to the home team.

WeAreRovers
23/11/2005, 1:29 PM
Is it not €2,500 for the away team?

AFAIK Pineapple Stu is correct, home team gets the cash. Incidentally does anyone know if a play-off has ever been shown live before?

KOH

Schumi
23/11/2005, 2:30 PM
Incidentally does anyone know if a play-off has ever been shown live before?
Very much doubt it, they haven't been shown back as far as when we were in it the second time anyway.

NY Hoop
23/11/2005, 3:59 PM
Oh ****ing great. Relegated live on the box.:rolleyes:

KOH

Block G Raptor
23/11/2005, 4:04 PM
Oh ****ing great. Relegated live on the box.:rolleyes:

KOH

I know a bohemians dream come true ..............and christmas is a full month away

BohDiddley
23/11/2005, 4:17 PM
I'm sure the broadcasting pros at Setanta will take that point on board and be careful to point out to viewers that what is on offer is bottom-feeding panto and not to be viewed as a representing proper football in any shape or form! :p

Block G Raptor
23/11/2005, 4:20 PM
I'm sure the broadcasting pros at Setanta will take that point on board and be careful to point out to viewers that what is on offer is bottom-feeding panto and not to be viewed as a representing proper football in any shape or form! :p

Love it :D :D

Roverstillidie
23/11/2005, 5:03 PM

you would swear these cun.ts had never played in one the way they are going on.

from fans of the side that have finished last in the LOI than any other?!? :rolleyes:

bottom-feeding? sums the gypos up really.

mypost
23/11/2005, 5:19 PM
Great news - the play-offs are usually great entertainment.

Who thinks that the play-offs will be like watching Arsenal-Chelsea??? :confused: If you want to watch one-touch football, intelligent use of the ball, end-to-end play, and 30-yard screamers, then steer well clear of Setanta on Friday night, seriously.

However, if you like to watch bad players, long ball football, midfield cul-de-sacs, and very few chances, never mind goals, then tune in. But you have been warned. It will be ugly, boring at times, and almost unwatchable. Home Farm-Rovers will certainly not be sexy football. :o

BohDiddley
23/11/2005, 5:21 PM
you would swear these cun.ts had never played in one the way they are going on.

from fans of the side that have finished last in the LOI than any other?!? :rolleyes:

bottom-feeding? sums the gypos up really.
Gotcha! :D

dfx-
23/11/2005, 5:37 PM
I will certainly be going to the match on Friday now regardless...I couldn't stand watching our ultimate defeat on a screen...

Relegation via tv makes it worse...at least only ~1,800 (?) people saw that performance last night...

sligoman
23/11/2005, 6:42 PM
I will certainly be going to the match on Friday now regardless...You mean you were having doubts about going?:confused: :p.

patsh
23/11/2005, 7:36 PM
Thank God the game is on in Tolka, live football from Whitehall would not a good advertisement for the league make :eek:
What, you think DCFC might show the downside of our league with the lack of atmosphere, fans and facilities?
NEVER....

LFC in Exile
24/11/2005, 9:42 AM
However, if you like to watch bad players, long ball football, midfield cul-de-sacs, and very few chances, never mind goals, then tune in. But you have been warned. It will be ugly, boring at times, and almost unwatchable. :o

Sounds like a regular first division game then. If youse lads can't handle watchign one of them how will you bring all those fans out when there's a season of it. :)

Schumi
24/11/2005, 12:21 PM
Sounds like a regular first division game then.
That's exactly what it was like. It was like being transported back to last year. :eek:

NY Hoop
24/11/2005, 1:24 PM
Sounds like a regular first division game then. If youse lads can't handle watchign one of them how will you bring all those fans out when there's a season of it. :)

I dont intend to watch us in the first division sober:D :D

KOH

LFC in Exile
24/11/2005, 3:27 PM

KOH

Jaysus, that means at least 10 years on the p1ss. Hope the liver holds out. :)

Dodge
24/11/2005, 3:35 PM

I couldn't watch the premier division sober this year

blueviking1980
24/11/2005, 5:18 PM
I know it's like sayin how long is a thread of string or how long till Shams get back up... but anybody know roughly how many will be at Tolka on the night? :confused:

Schumi
24/11/2005, 5:25 PM
Very wise!

NY Hoop
25/11/2005, 11:22 AM
I know it's like sayin how long is a thread of string or how long till Shams get back up... but anybody know roughly how many will be at Tolka on the night? :confused:

That's Rovers to you.

Depends on the weather tbh. Should be more or less the same as tuesday. That would be about 50 of you lot plus some stragglers:rolleyes:

KOH

Maynard
26/11/2005, 1:06 PM
F*CK the begrudgers!!:p Karma is an awful bi*ch.

City 'Till I Die!

bluemovie
26/11/2005, 1:26 PM

KOH

You'll fit in well then. It's a very sociable division. You sit around chatting to the few who turn up, discussing the good players you used to have and checking your watch to see how long before you get back to the pub. The weather's colder in the First Division too.

Dr.Nightdub
26/11/2005, 1:30 PM
City 'Till I Die!

City 'till your club changes its name again, more like it.

sonofstan
26/11/2005, 3:38 PM
The weather's colder in the First Division too.

and its always cold in Bray and in Belfield..therefore they belong in the 1st division.QED

Dodge
26/11/2005, 7:51 PM
City 'till your club changes its name again, more like it.
They;ve always been called Dublin city. get over it hoop ;)

pineapple stu
26/11/2005, 9:07 PM
and it's always cold...in Belfield
Is it? Never noticed that myself. Agree about Bray alright!