PDA

View Full Version : Help?

Drumcondra Red
23/11/2005, 8:48 AM
When typing something into google etc. and say you type "D" and Drumcondra Red comes into a pop down menu and a list of everything starting with D, how do you turn that off???

paul_oshea
23/11/2005, 9:22 AM
do it in internet explorer. tools -> options-> content -> autocomplete and uncheck anything and clear all forms and passwords.

finlma
23/11/2005, 9:27 AM
When typing something into google etc. and say you type "D" and Drumcondra Red comes into a pop down menu and a list of everything starting with D, how do you turn that off???

Worried about someone seeing what you've been searching for on Google? :D

paul_oshea
23/11/2005, 9:34 AM
Worried about someone seeing what you've been searching for on Google?

when i was in the states, on my work laptop i used to bring it home so the lads in the house could use the internet! well i never turned off autocomplete and i came in one monday to work and the boss came over, anyhow i had to search something for him on google that began with c, and the first in the drop down was cunnilingus tips/advice!!LOL i knew straight away who it was too, and he didnt deny it, but it didnt help me with my boss!!! :D

Drumcondra Red
23/11/2005, 9:43 AM
Good stuff!!! Finmla, its just annoyong, it doesn't happen at home!!!

finlma
23/11/2005, 10:26 AM
anyhow i had to search something for him on google that began with c, and the first in the drop down was cunnilingus tips/advice!!LOL i knew straight away who it was too, and he didnt deny it, but it didnt help me with my boss!!! :D

Quality story - bet the boss was impressed.

Drumcondra Red
23/11/2005, 11:45 AM
Sorry, didn't realise this should have been in support!!!

dahamsta
23/11/2005, 12:51 PM
Strictly speaking Support is for site support, but general technical stuff might as well go in here too. Don't worry about it.

adam /goes searching for aforementioned tips and advice

paul_oshea
23/11/2005, 1:10 PM
did it work dred did the genius that is paul_oshea solve another issue??

its great when you sit beside ppl who know what they are doing!!! :D

Green Tribe
23/11/2005, 1:29 PM
Worried about someone seeing what you've been searching for on Google? :D

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read that...snigger. :D