PDA

View Full Version : Drogheda or Cork? (Neutrals Only)

Pages : [1] 2

sligoman
23/11/2005, 12:31 AM
Right, lets start the pre-match arguments now:D. Who do you want to see win the F.A.I. cup?

Remember: Neutrals only to vote!;).

Poor Student
23/11/2005, 12:36 AM
Could there be a third option called: Not Doolin?:D

sligoman
23/11/2005, 12:38 AM
Congratulations Snoop Drog. After less than ten minutes of the poll created he submits his vote for Drogs:rolleyes:

Galwayexile
23/11/2005, 12:42 AM
cork will win for sure.

sligoman
23/11/2005, 12:43 AM
cork will win for sure.Ok, but it's who you want to see win;).

Snoop Drog
23/11/2005, 12:59 AM
Congratulations Snoop Drog. After less than ten minutes of the poll created he submits his vote for Drogs:rolleyes:

Damn You Big Brother :D

Drumcondra Red
23/11/2005, 8:50 AM
Come on Drogs!!!

trevy
23/11/2005, 9:01 AM
I'd like to see Drogheda win as they've no never won a major trophy before(I think).Cork are after winning the league so that should be enough for them :D .

BohDiddley
23/11/2005, 9:24 AM
Drogs shade it for me -- in spite of the pain they've inflicted on us lately :mad: -- because it's a great footballing town.
But bottom line is that I'm easy. The important thing is that neither of them is Shelbourne!

Block G Raptor
23/11/2005, 10:57 AM
Drogs shade it for me -- in spite of the pain they've inflicted on us lately :mad: -- because it's a great footballing town.
But bottom line is that I'm easy. The important thing is that neither of them is Shelbourne!

Whats all this Cup Final talk there is a much BIGGER party organised for tolka park on friday to celebrate the sad demise of the Great(LOL) Shamrock Rovers

The Sheliban
23/11/2005, 11:18 AM
Well Drogs have such a great Cup tradition...

Have to go for the Underdrogs

Mark Breen
23/11/2005, 11:28 AM
I couldn't care less, I voted for drogheda but that was just so i could see who was winnig the vote,

Makes no difference who win's it really (For the neutral really, wither was Cork are in the CL and Drog's are in UEFA

pineapple stu
23/11/2005, 12:43 PM
Cork, for obvious, Doolin-related reasons.

bigmac
23/11/2005, 12:45 PM
Cork, not a big fan of clubs just throwing huge money at the league and trying to buy success so not a big Drogs fan. Plus Dan Connor plays for them, and I never liked him!

GavinZac
23/11/2005, 1:06 PM
come on, vote against us. we need a bit of motivation for the smaller competition coming off the back of the league win :)

monkey magic
23/11/2005, 1:32 PM
can we also not have cork fans interfeering and reminding us of how great they are. the whole point of the pole is to gauge other fans wiews

EDIT: i voted for drogs, purely cos there the underdogs, and i know what its like to see your club taking their first senior trophy

ndrog
23/11/2005, 1:51 PM
"Cork, not a big fan of clubs just throwing huge money at the league and trying to buy success so not a big Drogs fan. Plus Dan Connor plays for them, and I never liked him!"

Thats strange if it wasnt for local buisness people bringing in fat Dolan to bail you out of the **** you would have been sent down or in the play offs.How much was he paid ? All clubs need people with money.Sour grapes pal :rolleyes:

Speranza
23/11/2005, 2:03 PM
I voted Cork. The scenes after the match last Friday were surreal.

Saying that the thread on the Cork forum the last few days have made me want to puke. One was referring to everything that Cork are the best at :rolleyes: the other a week back debated how much Cork would get for players. 1 mil for Alco George and 750,000 for Mick Devine.

The arrogance of what I hope are deluded school children is actually worse than anything written by $hels fans.

Still though hope you win the cup.

Schumi
23/11/2005, 2:35 PM
Could there be a third option called: Not Doolin?:D
I think that's Cork!

KK77
23/11/2005, 2:43 PM
Has to be Cork for me!

Roo69
23/11/2005, 2:54 PM
I'd go with Drogheda, would be easier to accept by saying that we got knocked out in the semis by the eventual winners, plus i know a few United fans.......

joeSoap
23/11/2005, 3:03 PM
Cork all the way!!

Had €50 on them at the start of the season @8/1 to win the league, and in July I got 9/2 on them to win the cup.:D

pete
23/11/2005, 3:11 PM
Saying that the thread on the Cork forum the last few days have made me want to puke. One was referring to everything that Cork are the best at :rolleyes: the other a week back debated how much Cork would get for players. 1 mil for Alco George and 750,000 for Mick Devine.

The arrogance of what I hope are deluded school children is actually worse than anything written by $hels fans.

In fairness they probably were school kids as a lot of them have discover this web thing recently...

diamond
23/11/2005, 3:16 PM
i cant believe that people are voting for cork over drogheda. cork have just won a league. drogs have NEVER won anything. drogheda is a town with huge potential and a cup win coud be the start of something great for this league. i believe a league where four, five, six teams could actually really challenge for honours would be fantastic. the last thing we want is for the same team to win everything all the time. step one was great, getting the trophies out of dublin for a while at least. step two should be emerging clubs.
the cup has little to do with form and all to do with on the day. a drogs win would prove this to be the most exciting and unpredictable league on our tvs. i wanted cork to win the league because i tink that the 3 times i saw them they were better than anything i saw from derry. the best team won the league. leave us dreamers for the cup.
i dream of a day when drogs will be top, with galway a close second, limerick and derry fighting it out for third, cork and ucd fourth and fifth..........and every league game sold out coz damn its exciting when its not always the same clubs every year.
rant over. thanks.
ps, didnt vote am drogs fan. we WILL enjoy our ONLY day out in 29 years:)

sligoman
23/11/2005, 4:27 PM
3 Drog fans voted for themselves and 2 Cork fans voted for themselves.

Neutrals only:rolleyes:.

Speranza
23/11/2005, 4:40 PM
In fairness they probably were school kids as a lot of them have discover this web thing recently...

Thought so. The debate on the Cork sub forum on foot.ie is much better anyway.

Block G Raptor
23/11/2005, 4:41 PM
i cant believe that people are voting for cork over drogheda. cork have just won a league. drogs have NEVER won anything. drogheda is a town with huge potential and a cup win coud be the start of something great for this league. i believe a league where four, five, six teams could actually really challenge for honours would be fantastic. the last thing we want is for the same team to win everything all the time. step one was great, getting the trophies out of dublin for a while at least. step two should be emerging clubs.
the cup has little to do with form and all to do with on the day. a drogs win would prove this to be the most exciting and unpredictable league on our tvs. i wanted cork to win the league because i tink that the 3 times i saw them they were better than anything i saw from derry. the best team won the league. leave us dreamers for the cup.
i dream of a day when drogs will be top, with galway a close second, limerick and derry fighting it out for third, cork and ucd fourth and fifth..........and every league game sold out coz damn its exciting when its not always the same clubs every year.
rant over. thanks.
ps, didnt vote am drogs fan. we WILL enjoy our ONLY day out in 29 years:)

Good Point Well Made
Go on the Droggs
the more teams that share the trophies the better and more intresting it makes the league

Cosmo
23/11/2005, 5:22 PM
Good Point Well Made
Go on the Droggs
the more teams that share the trophies the better

It has to be our year, we've waited long enough for a trophy (well since our existence :o )

Can see why somefans prefer cork to win though:
ucd - still bitter about doolin deciding to leave a school boy club :p
derry - big love in/ hard on recently for cork
craptown - well eh, that explains itself

Others? Im not sure why!!

holidaysong
23/11/2005, 5:41 PM
Cork.

Speranza
23/11/2005, 6:49 PM
You would know all about love-ins Cosmo. Your affection for Harps has been nauseating for years.

Not that I should need to explain myself but...despite paying big wages for players Cork have brought these players through their ranks and are benefitting from this. Drogheda on the other hand have brought players to the club on the premise that they would be paid big bucks.

Add to this I see Cork as Lennox said he sees us, a similar club in every area but at the other end of the country.

patsh
23/11/2005, 6:58 PM
I voted Cork. The scenes after the match last Friday were surreal.

Still though hope you win the cup.
It is really shocking to see fans of the same club and all coming from the same City, which won 4 senior sporting titles so far this season talking about how great that is to each other on the internet. Its only right that on the Derry board they talk about everything except Derry.
They should really consider banning message boards....

Speranza
23/11/2005, 7:40 PM
I have never seen threads such as "Best at everything..." on any other football website. It's fine talking about how great it is to win something but some of the people on that board think CCFC are Real Madrid.

rebelhead
23/11/2005, 7:58 PM
:) city all the way!!!bring on the double

ccfcgirl
23/11/2005, 8:11 PM
I have never seen threads such as "Best at everything..." on any other football website. It's fine talking about how great it is to win something but some of the people on that board think CCFC are Real Madrid.City fans are having a bit of banter and keeping it to Cork Citys official website .Whats the harm in that .

sligoman
23/11/2005, 8:38 PM
:) city all the way!!!bring on the doubleCongrats on voting for your team!:rolleyes:.

Speranza
23/11/2005, 8:49 PM
ccfcgirl, would be good if it was banter but these people are actually being totally serious. 1million for George - that wasn't even the funniest, 250,000 for Fenn :eek:

dfx-
23/11/2005, 8:56 PM
Cork City F.C.

Risteard
23/11/2005, 11:50 PM
Ah god. Another one o these.
Get over it.
Why don't ya re-name this Cork City December 5th gloating thread?
You're just encouraging told ya so over-indulgences.

Having said all that its been real party-time for City players and fans recently.
Might be a bit easy to get caught out by what is a quality Drogs team.

I'm gone mad i didn't set up that
'Who would you like to see win the Predictions League?' thread.
NEUTRALS ONLY though alright?
Stay out. :)
I'd have voted for you sligoman.
You just wanted it that bit more. Hard luck.

EireBadBoy
24/11/2005, 12:00 AM
Well I'd voted for Trotters Independent Trading Football Club before I got to read Cosmo's post.......dammit!!!

Just thought it would be nice to see the trophies spread around. Also, for the record, I couldn't care less about Cork.

RedX
24/11/2005, 12:06 AM
I have never seen threads such as "Best at everything..." on any other football website. It's fine talking about how great it is to win something but some of the people on that board think CCFC are Real Madrid.

You sound like a extremely jealous person...i started one of those threads and it was just for the laugh...not that its any of your business considering its a CORK CITY FC website...and i dont take to kindly to your reference of "Alco George"...so in future stay off the City forum if you dont like whats been writeen and stay on your own Sinn Fein Forum...kids...;)

RedX
24/11/2005, 12:07 AM
Just thought it would be nice to see the trophies spread around. Also, for the record, I couldn't care less about Cork.

The feeling is mutual believe me...;)

sligoman
24/11/2005, 12:11 AM
When you take away the members that voted for their own team the real results, so far, are, Drogheda: 30, Cork: 17.

Speranza
24/11/2005, 12:29 AM
not that its any of your business considering its a CORK CITY FC website.

Maybe you should have a forced repatriation of non Cork fans :rolleyes:

i dont take to kindly to your reference of "Alco George"

I don't take kindly to drink drivers, divers, criers, egotistical people. In general I don't take kindly to George O'C.

stay off the City forum if you dont like whats been writeen and stay on your own Sinn Fein Forum

It is always good when someone rolls out the political jokes as it is ALWAYS a sign of true desperation and never ever funny. If you are referring to Sinn Fein support in Derry then you could at least check the facts beforehand as SDLP run the council.

It appears that anyone with a bad thing to say about Cork is jealous. Stop sounding like a $hels fan it doesn't suit.

Glad I met so many genuinely nice Cork fans on Friday because people like you give the wrong impression.

RedX
24/11/2005, 12:40 AM
Maybe you should have a forced repatriation of non Cork fans :rolleyes:

I don't take kindly to drink drivers, divers, criers, egotistical people. In general I don't take kindly to George O'C.

It is always good when someone rolls out the political jokes as it is ALWAYS a sign of true desperation and never ever funny. If you are referring to Sinn Fein support in Derry then you could at least check the facts beforehand as SDLP run the council.

It appears that anyone with a bad thing to say about Cork is jealous. Stop sounding like a $hels fan it doesn't suit.

Glad I met so many genuinely nice Cork fans on Friday because people like you give the wrong impression.

What a complete crock of rubbish you have just posted...firstly i met some decent Derry fans also young man but every game City play i have chatted with decent fans from there clubs also...dont get ahead of yourself there...

I am sure if we dug down deep into all the Derry players past we could surely find one of them has been a bad boy and one stage ;) ..but people like you will never admit that about your own..Egotistical?..you are telling me that there is not one ego in the Derry team?..George is one of the most approachable players i have met...he is great with the fans and also with young kids...

And you do sound jealous considering we just beat you Friday and you are on here complaing about posts on our official site...i have not seen any Cork City fan making the same comments about Derry people in any shape or form..

You threw in a sly comment about Georgie...call the Sinn Fein one a leveller..;)

Speranza
24/11/2005, 1:00 AM
Jesus you are a tough one ;)

George may be a legend with Cork fans but he seems to be hated by every other fan in the EL. People are willing to acknowledge his brilliance but it's his behavioiur in diving, whining e.t.c. that gets to people.

Yeah I am so jealous that I want Cork to win the cup!

Lets agree to disagree to stop this topic becoming a futile shouting match. Good luck on the 5th :)

RedX
24/11/2005, 1:21 AM
Not tough but just passionate about Cork City FC...the greatest club ever :D

George is hated because he is one of the best and its as simple as that...if he signed for Derry/Shels or anyone else in this league you boys would wet yourselves....i dislike Jason Byrne from Shels bigtime...but i could learn to love him if he was decent enough to sign for us...:D

One of your players which you know had a problem recently with his private life..i am sure you boys would support him still..we can all make mistakes...

And yes i will agree to disagree on some points but not about the name calling of Georgie...its bad form...;)

Cosmo
24/11/2005, 8:07 AM
Well I'd voted for Trotters Independent Trading Football Club before I got to read Cosmo's post.......dammit!!!

I love that Trotter Independent Trading Football Club reference :D

but ye do realise there were alot of clubs more in the sh!t than we were back then and also some clubs at the moment are even worse by all accounts :rolleyes: ;)

sligoman
24/11/2005, 11:39 AM
Trotters Independent Trading Football ClubTIT F.C.:D.

ndrog
24/11/2005, 12:07 PM
And yes i will agree to disagree on some points but not about the name calling of Georgie...its bad form...;)[/QUOTE]

If you think thats bad.Wait until you hear whats instore for him on Dec 4th.Bring your earplugs.;)

Pablo Escobar
24/11/2005, 12:50 PM
Come on the drogs.Sick and tired of listening to those cocky rednecks down in cork.
:confused: HA!