PDA

View Full Version : Shams 1-2 Dublin City

sligoman
22/11/2005, 11:11 PM
Well done tonight lads, yer half way there. Dont let it slip now:).

Derek
22/11/2005, 11:33 PM
I could be mistaken but I think we were the better side tonight, I know we won but I think we deserved it, we looked fitter, more up for the game, sharper and seemed to have a lot of confidance. If we play the with the same passion on Friday we could just do it.

C'Mon City.

Dodge
22/11/2005, 11:37 PM
What was the Dc team?

Sheridan
22/11/2005, 11:57 PM
Kennedy
Lynch, Keely, Whelehan, Hedderman
McGill, Scully, Shiels
Freeman, Vaughan, Collins

Alan Kelly replaced Trevor Vaughan after approx. 60 mins. Lynch was withdrawn for Pender shortly afterwards, and I think Mulcahy was introduced in place of Hedderman towards the end.

Man for man, Rovers are superior in almost every position (bar maybe Ben Whelehan, who strangely enough performed very poorly on the night) but certainly didn't look it.

Galwayexile
23/11/2005, 12:07 AM
well done dublin city. Will be interesting playing rovers next season.

hoops1
23/11/2005, 9:17 AM
Derek 100% correct in your assessment.
The only crumb of comfort for Rovers fans at the minute is you should
have won by more and MIGHT(looking really unlikely) live to regret it

Maz
23/11/2005, 9:37 AM
Ah I still think Rovers will turn this result around

hoops1
23/11/2005, 9:48 AM
I normally would agree with you
But as Derek said DC were well worth there win
The most worrying thing is they were more up for the game
and won because basically they wanted it more
That should never happen in such a big game
Rovers have the better players no doubt
but dont look like they have the hunger, desire or bottle
for the battle and that is unacceptable

SRFC Head
23/11/2005, 11:08 AM
Interesting result, sets it up big style for the 2nd leg, might try to get over to it.. yee still playing at pats place ?

Dodge
23/11/2005, 12:12 PM
The 2nd leg is in Tolka

Rory H
23/11/2005, 4:47 PM
well done dc...how did hedderman play as a matter of interest,was he a good signing this season?

its sad for shams and maybe dublin are a joke of a club but well done 1st division,we may be a premier division team now but im proud of ye:D

blueviking1980
23/11/2005, 5:21 PM
We've deserved this 1st leg win... a high percentage of Hoops have & will continue to agree on this too. I don't want Rovers do go down in a sense due to bein a fine club of heritage etc.... BUT... your club is your club & my club is Dublin City & due to the whole Roddy/Capital derby I hope we get to the stage on Fri nite of scorin goals past our rivals for fun!

Good enough for em. Afterall, 104 years of odd glory... what's the harm in a season in the 1st Division? Well, alot for Shams! Least now they can maybe (& I stress MAYBE) claim some sort of silverware next season :p

Great to have neutral support last nite for Vikings... thanks to all that helped the cause... :)

CITY DUBS ALL THE WAY!

Poor Student
23/11/2005, 5:37 PM
I could be mistaken but I think we were the better side tonight, I know we won but I think we deserved it, we looked fitter, more up for the game, sharper and seemed to have a lot of confidance. If we play the with the same passion on Friday we could just do it.

C'Mon City.

The fact that you were the better side on the night is unquestionable. As Dublin City dominated more and more of the game I kept thing "Oh, how long can they keep this up for?". I was thinking to myself that you'll only get so much sustained pressure and the lack of converting it into goals would undo you. When Molloy scored I thought your heads would go down and the Premier division class of Rovers would come through. You kept plugging away and got the goal. Fair play to Dublin City. I reckon technically you played poor. Some awful usage of the ball, some awful passes and terrible defending when Molloy won the peno but you were still far better than Rovers. You'll need vast improvement if you do make it to the Premier as your heart and desire will not carry you through a full league programme. Fair play though, you acquitted yourselves as well as you could.

Fair play to your fans too, they were out in good colour and gave it a good go. I'd say to lay off the drum though as the drummer goes at it way too hard and the chanting cannot be heard. I was down at Leo Burdock's when you scored and you could only hear the drum. Actually when you scored a Rovers fans jumped out of the queue and ran over to the edge of the pitch and started screaming and swearing like mad and thumping the sponsor board. He jumped back into the queue and repeated this rapid act again a minute later.:p

Derek
23/11/2005, 7:08 PM
You'll need vast improvement if you do make it to the Premier as your heart and desire will not carry you through a full league programme. Fair play though, you acquitted yourselves as well as you could.

We will improve if promoted as all promoteed sides have to, we have at themoment a great first division team.

Fair play to your fans too, they were out in good colour and gave it a good go. I'd say to lay off the drum though as the drummer goes at it way too hard and the chanting cannot be heard. I was down at Leo Burdock's when you scored and you could only hear the drum.

I agree the drummer is a bit over enthusiastic at times but his heart is in the right place, I think it's cause when you have only a small amount of fans you make noise the best way you can to try to appear a bit bigger in number.
I will have a word with him and ask him to beat the drum with less vigour although I doubt he will as he is a fanatic and can not be stopped.;)

sligoman
23/11/2005, 7:09 PM
I will have a word with him and ask him to beat the drum with less vigourIt's a sign of madness to talk to yourself Derek;) :p.

Derek
23/11/2005, 10:59 PM
It's a sign of madness to talk to yourself Derek;) :p.

I didn't know everybody knew my identity;)