PDA

View Full Version : Race Night.

Conor H
22/11/2005, 3:53 PM
Galway United will also be holding a race night on the 15th December in the Kingsvalley Hotel. This event is a very important fundraiser for the club and it is also a chance for supporters to get together before Christmas. Any supporters that would like to get involved with the fundraising team for the race night are asked to contact the club office during office hours at (091) 580990.

Nice one!Should be bit of a christmas party!

Patrick Dunne
24/11/2005, 12:19 PM
There are four categories of races. To sponsor a horse/jockey/trainer costs a minimum of E25. A race can be sponsored for E250 + and an advertisement can be placed in the programme for E50 +.

This is an important fundraiser for the club, and will also be a good night out. Admission to the event is free. We need help to sell races. If you can donate E25, or even better sell a race/advertisement, sned me a pm or else ring Ronan at (087) 6972823.

Come on United !

PD.

galwaygirl
07/12/2005, 1:05 PM
just bumping this up.
It's on tomorrow week. Are any of ye going?
Are the player of the year awards going to be on that nite as well??

Conor H
07/12/2005, 2:42 PM
Im going to it.Whats the story with it?Do you just place bets on horses on the night?or how does it work?

Terry
07/12/2005, 2:54 PM
Im going to it.Whats the story with it?Do you just place bets on horses on the night?or how does it work?

Yep, that and you have to have ID for the bouncers !!!:eek: only kidding

Conor H
07/12/2005, 2:56 PM
Yep, that and you have to have ID for the bouncers !!!:eek: only kidding
No worries Terry ill just go with Creavan....he'll sort the bouncers out!!:D

galwaygirl
07/12/2005, 3:06 PM
There are four categories of races. To sponsor a horse/jockey/trainer costs a minimum of E25. A race can be sponsored for E250 + and an advertisement can be placed in the programme for E50 +.

This is an important fundraiser for the club, and will also be a good night out. Admission to the event is free. We need help to sell races. If you can donate E25, or even better sell a race/advertisement, sned me a pm or else ring Ronan at (087) 6972823.

Come on United !

PD.

See PD's post above Conor. You can sponsor a horse as well from €25.00 (or if it's too much for some people, you could chip in with someone else making it only €12.50 each)

I'd say it'll be much the same as other race nights i attended (before anyone says it, i havent gone to many, they were all for charity and i dont gamble that much), they'll have old races shown on the big screen with the new sponsored names on them and there'll be one or two bookies there to take your bets

Conor H
07/12/2005, 3:14 PM
See PD's post above Conor. You can sponsor a horse as well from €25.00 (or if it's too much for some people, you could chip in with someone else making it only €12.50 each)

I'd say it'll be much the same as other race nights i attended (before anyone says it, i havent gone to many, they were all for charity and i dont gamble that much), they'll have old races shown on the big screen with the new sponsored names on them and there'll be one or two bookies there to take your bets
Thanks Galwaygirl.I didn't do the obvious thing like check had somebody explained it already.:rolleyes: :o

Terry
13/12/2005, 9:42 AM
what time does this start at ? or what time does the people attending plan on arriving at it?

Patrick Dunne
13/12/2005, 10:19 AM
as per the posters for the event. Expect the first race to kickoff :) around 9.00pm.

gufct
15/12/2005, 1:13 PM
Dont forget lads the Race Night/Christmas Party is on tonight in the Kingsvalley Hotel/Bodkins.Lets get the season off to a great start.Bring your friends,girlfriends,wives,partners and all your family the more people the better.Most of the new signings will be in attendance maybe even Murphs who is just back from USA.

Terry
19/12/2005, 8:38 AM
Well done to everybody involved with the race night. Although the turn was well below what was expected, The event raised in excess of E20,000 for the club through the sponsorship of horses and betting on the night.