PDA

View Full Version : el weekly goal of season

Pages : [1] 2

blutil
21/11/2005, 10:37 PM
on tonight, soon enough

A face
21/11/2005, 11:16 PM
Cant remember the letters but Pat McCourts first or second has to win, unreal. Alot of the goals we from outside 20 yards, and while they were great goals there wasn't great marking or closing down on them.

Only one first division goal ??
Cant remember seeing a Mark Farren goal ??

I am going with McCourts first one anyway, there was a better strike than the second, even though the second was threaded through.

What is the email address ... missed it !!!

gustavo
21/11/2005, 11:17 PM
What was the first division one?

sligoman
21/11/2005, 11:19 PM
What was the first division one?Yeah. It's gotta be one of Flannery's surely?

dfx-
21/11/2005, 11:25 PM
L. :p

sligoman
21/11/2005, 11:27 PM
L. :p:confused:

Risteard
21/11/2005, 11:30 PM
Cant remember the letters but Pat McCourts first or second has to win, unreal. Alot of the goals we from outside 20 yards, and while they were great goals there wasn't great marking or closing down on them.
Absolutely.
Bits of magic to be fair.
How can ya let a goal against Douglas Hall into the competition?

A face
21/11/2005, 11:44 PM
What was the first division one?

Tierneys against Galway (i got that right yeah ?) ..... screamer from the right about 25 yeards out into top left hand from what i remember

The Douglas Hall goal was good but did you see the marking, brutal, they just watched him.

gustavo
21/11/2005, 11:52 PM
i think you may mean Flannery:)

A face
21/11/2005, 11:56 PM
i think you may mean Flannery:)

Whats Galways Keepers name ??

sligoman
21/11/2005, 11:58 PM
Whats Galways Keepers name ??Alan Gough is his official name, athough some prefer to call him Blobby:D.

A face
21/11/2005, 11:59 PM
Alan Gough is his official name, athough some prefer to call him Blobby:D.

It could be Flannery so, i thought i had heard Tierney ... you'll know best obviously. Good goal though !!

sligoman
22/11/2005, 12:02 AM
It could be Flannery so, i thought i had heard Tierney ... you'll know best obviously. Good goal though !!Well was it Sligo Rovers Vs. Galway in the Showgrounds?:confused:. If so then it definitely Flannery;).

A face
22/11/2005, 12:19 AM
Well was it Sligo Rovers Vs. Galway in the Showgrounds?:confused:. If so then it definitely Flannery;).

It was the showgrounds alright (unless i really wasn't paying attention)

It would be great if we could get them all and then choose !!

Sam Savic
22/11/2005, 1:20 AM
As far as I know, they will be showing the goals on TV3 each night until Friday.

A face
22/11/2005, 1:34 AM
As far as I know, they will be showing the goals on TV3 each night until Friday.

Did you get the email address by any chance ??

sligoman
22/11/2005, 1:45 AM
Did you get the email address by any chance ??sports@tv3.ie ;).

A face
22/11/2005, 1:47 AM
sports@tv3.ie ;).

Do you have the list of goals or what letter was McCourts first one ??

sligoman
22/11/2005, 1:48 AM
Do you have the list of goals or what letter was McCourts first one ??Nope sorry, didn't see the programme:(.

Conor H
22/11/2005, 7:02 AM
The other goal(fortunes) in that game was surely in contention aswell.I have seen better goals than flannery's this year.....Keith Foy's against us was a cracker.

lofty9
22/11/2005, 8:06 AM
Well for me it was Mc Courts goals 1-2-3! I personally thought that the one against Finn Harps in which he struck on the half volley to go to the top corner was the best. Of the two against Bray I couldn't seperate them - both stunning.

I noticed they happened to show the worst one of Alan Murphy's v Drogheda! The other one was an absolute screamer which changed direction about 3 times and they called it 'goal of the season' there and then.

sfc red
22/11/2005, 8:27 AM
A - Zayed
B - Baker
C - O'Callaghan
D - McCourt
E - McCourt

Anyone fill in the rest??

coislaoi
22/11/2005, 9:23 AM
I'd go for the first of McCourts two goals against Bray. Superb goal which he hit with the outside of his right foot. McGuinness for the Hoops and Zayed for Bray would be next.

sfc red
22/11/2005, 9:33 AM
Ahem, *coughs* Richie Baker...

Roo69
22/11/2005, 9:35 AM
I did not think Zayed goal was as good as some of the others ! But it was a fine goal all the same ! I think your right Mccourts goal with the outside of his right i think was his best !

Agreed, i thought his goal for us Vs. Longford was better myself but was'nt included.

Teams really seemed to like scoring cracking goals against us, think we had 5 or 6 against in the list of 12 :eek:

gael353
22/11/2005, 9:59 AM
yea there were some good goals in it but again and again it became obvious that unless you scored a goal in dublin or greater dublin you wernt going to see love nor money of the real goals of the season. One from the brandywell from foyle tv one from the showgrounds from tg4 and the other eight from Tolka or Dalymount. Just should have been goals of the season (that we have footage of and if it was in Dublin) What ye think of Osos team? better not concede a corner or they'd be shagged!

garykelly
22/11/2005, 10:55 AM
The other goal(fortunes) in that game was surely in contention aswell.I have seen better goals than flannery's this year.....Keith Foy's against us was a cracker.

bit of confusion here. was McTiernans goal that was on and that goal was utter class. you might have seen better goals but there's feck all goals on video. so they can only show what is given in. but in fairness mctiernans goal was top drawer stuff. if it was in the prem and a top club, it would get more credit. been a great season, and some quality goals have been scored all over the place.

NY Hoop
22/11/2005, 11:24 AM
Any of Paddy's really but my favourite is the Harps one. Staggering and if it happened in the premier**** it would have been shown repeatedly. Hopefully TV3 will show his goals as the show opener next season.

Jay McGuinness' goal is there because it was incredible and nothing to do with the opposition.

Someone picked Zayeds goal as the winner?? Oh dear:rolleyes:

KOH

Dillo
22/11/2005, 11:26 AM
The man is a genius. Too good for the Eircom league if you ask me.

ccfcgirl
22/11/2005, 11:29 AM
Pat McCourt is going to win it .All his goals were class

JoeSemi
22/11/2005, 11:33 AM
Pat McCourt has to be up there with at least 2 of his masterpieces. The one on the half volley was special and the other two were reminiscent of Georgie Best in his heyday. Molloy's volley for Derry should sneak in as one of the best also.

WeAreRovers
22/11/2005, 11:43 AM
It's got to be a Paddy 1, 2, 3.

Funny though to see the other side of McCourt's game - Ciaran Martyn's cracker for Derry against us came from Paddy losing possession in midfield. he cost us nearly as many as he scored/created. Still a genius though.

KOH

pete
22/11/2005, 12:12 PM
I'd probably go for McCourts 2nd against Bray. Very Ricky Villa - esque.

declan hide
22/11/2005, 12:28 PM
yep mccourts 2nd. fantastic. (BTW i have been referring to him as georgie best for most of the season)

dcfc_legend9
22/11/2005, 12:35 PM
heres the exact order the goals came in lads.

zayed vs shels
r baker vs bray..
georgie o'c vs rovers
mc court vs bray
mc court vs bray
murphy vs bray
mc tiernan vs galway
mc court vs harps
martyn vs rovers
holihan vs pats
molloy vs cork
mc guiness vs douglas hall

ThatGuy
22/11/2005, 12:39 PM
zayed vs shels
r baker vs bray..
georgie o'c vs rovers
mc court vs bray
mc court vs bray
murphy vs bray
mc tiernan vs galway
mc court vs harps
martyn vs rovers
holihan vs pats
molloy vs cork
mc guiness vs douglas hall
Most of those would be worhy winners.

pineapple stu
22/11/2005, 12:42 PM
Thought Bray's defending was absolutely woeful for McCourt's two against them - takes away from the goals a bit. The Harps goal was superb though. Was Molloy's the lob for Derry from 30 yards? I'd go Molloy-McCourt 3-McTiernan. Just to be different.

WeAreRovers
22/11/2005, 12:50 PM
Thought Bray's defending was absolutely woeful for McCourt's two against them - takes away from the goals a bit.

Not if you saw them live. For the second one he so bamboozled the poor Bray defenders that 2 of them ran into each other. It was all about McCourt's trickery and naff all to do with bad defending. Granted the TV angle doesn't show that.

KOH

Schumi
22/11/2005, 1:20 PM
McCourt v Harps was the best for me. The Derry goal against Cork was quality too.

Sonic
22/11/2005, 1:24 PM
The Mccourt one where he dribbled by 2 or 3 and stuck it in the top corner with the outside of his foot was the best for me.

superfrank
22/11/2005, 1:42 PM
McTiernan's was the best imo.

Something I noticed, aloy of the goals were against us. We may have conceded the most but you have to score great ones.

Soko
22/11/2005, 1:51 PM
Zayeds goal should not have been anywhere near the list, good goal but not a patch on some of the others.

McCourts strike against Harps was imo the best of the season.

Where were Alan Murphys goals against Drogheda? Just because it was the first game of the season they've forgotten about them already:rolleyes:. The 2 of them were better than half of the goals shown last night.

A face
22/11/2005, 3:21 PM
What is going to happen here now is everyone is going to split their vote over McCourts goals and the next best will win it.

So what is the fourth best goal ??

wanderette
22/11/2005, 3:38 PM
I'd go with McCourts second against us.

Our defending was definitely poor for the first one, so that takes away from it a bit.
But the second one he turned five of our players inside out - not poor defending as such, just sheer class from him. And the strike was perfectly placed from a reasonable distance and angle - if you look he didnt need to hit it particualry hard cos the placement was perfect.

wanderette
22/11/2005, 3:40 PM
as usual though, it doesnt feel like this list is a true 'goal of the season' list, cos there were some absolute crackers scored at matches that they didnt bother sending cameras to

NY Hoop
22/11/2005, 3:42 PM
as usual though, it doesnt feel like this list is a true 'goal of the season' list, cos there were some absolute crackers scored at matches that they didnt bother sending cameras to

How true. This needs to be sorted out for next season. EVERY premier game should have a camera present.

KOH

sligoman
22/11/2005, 3:46 PM
EVERY premier game should have a camera present.Who doesn't at the moment?:confused:.

sligoman
22/11/2005, 3:50 PM
It Was McTiernan Who Scored the Wonder Goal v Galway !Ok, but I was talking about Flannery's "wonder goal" in the 1-1 draw in the Showgies. I cant really remember McT's goal in the 4-1 game, anyone know will the goals be shown again sometime?:confused:.

Troy.McClure
22/11/2005, 5:01 PM
I think John O'Flynn's goal against Drogs a few weeks ago should win :p Dan Conner helped us win the league, now thats irony! :D

pineapple stu
22/11/2005, 6:04 PM
Who doesn't at the moment?:confused:.
I think Harps used to tape their games and send them in not sure if this was tihs season or last), but they were never used, so they stopped bothering. That's the sort of thing we're up against. Particularly annoying as I reckon a good highlights show is more important than regular live action.