LOUGHSHINNY UNITED V CARRIGALINE
COCKHILL CELTIC V BEGGSBORO / CRUMLIN UNITED
COLLEGE CORINTHIANS V TEMPLE UNITED
GREENHILLS BOYS V AVONDALE UNITED
WAYSIDE CELTIC V CHERRY ORCHARD
FANAD UNITED V KILDRUM TIGERS
TOLKA ROVERS V BELGROVE
LIFFEY WANDERERS V DOUGLAS HALL

7 Cork teams away in Dublin, they should hire their own train.

Clifford
07/12/2005, 10:17 AM
The build up is on, 7 Cork teams heading up to the slums of Dublin on Sunday.

I wonder does anyone know anything about Bangor who play Rockmount? What about Greenhills boys against Avondale? I assume Dale win this one easy?

Can't wait.

drummerboy
07/12/2005, 10:52 AM
I'll disregard your juvenile jibe about the slums. Bangor are a very young team, much changed from the team that won LSL Senior division last season. Many have come throught their second team which won Major Sat last season. After a bad start, have won their last 6 league matches.

Greenhills have been in the doldrums for many years just about managing to survive in the 4th division last season. Have caused a few shocks to get this far, so their must have improved a bit. Pitch could be a leveller.

Douglas Hall could be in for a tough game. Liffey Wanderers have some decent players, just promoted to 3rd division LSL, can at times be a little over-physical, if you know what I mean. The referee will earn his few bob.

Clifford
07/12/2005, 11:43 AM
I'll disregard your juvenile jibe about the slums. Bangor are a very young team, much changed from the team that won LSL Senior division last season. Many have come throught their second team which won Major Sat last season. After a bad start, have won their last 6 league matches.

Greenhills have been in the doldrums for many years just about managing to survive in the 4th division last season. Have caused a few shocks to get this far, so their must have improved a bit. Pitch could be a leveller.

Douglas Hall could be in for a tough game. Liffey Wanderers have some decent players, just promoted to 3rd division LSL, can at times be a little over-physical, if you know what I mean. The referee will earn his few bob.

Nice one, did I say slums? I meant slaubrious suburbs, so sorry :p .

So Bangor won the top LSL league last season? They must be very strong indeed. It's great to hear of teams bringing through younger lads and ressie players. Shows a good club ethic. Hopefully Mount can nick it though.

Douglas Hall are not playing as well as they did last season, so maybe they will find it tough.

Thanks for all the info.

drummerboy
07/12/2005, 1:11 PM
You find the Senior league table here http://www.lsl.ie/competition.php?division=247

Bangor are not as strong as last year

Clifford
08/12/2005, 10:07 AM
You find the Senior league table here http://www.lsl.ie/competition.php?division=247

Bangor are not as strong as last year

Any tip on where Bangor play? I'll be approaching from the capital...in a car..do I go as far as the big red cow?

Any help appreciated.

Clifford
12/12/2005, 12:29 AM
Bangor 1-0 Rockmount. Dubious free awarded, dispatched brilliantly with ten left. Other than that two very evenly matched teams should have got a replay to battle again. Don't think Celtic will complain, annoys me to say it but Dublin officials win the day again. This has to stop some time soon, Ringmahon were "done" as well by home town officials - apparently.

That is not to take from Bangor who didn't pick the officials, they showed us supreme hospitality every single one of em. A joy to be in their company and I sincerely hope they go on and win it.

Avondale won easy 5-0 I think. Ringmahon lost 2-1 I believe also.

razor
12/12/2005, 12:13 PM
A joy to be in their company and I sincerely hope they go on and win it.
Avondale won easy 5-0 I think. Ringmahon lost 2-1 I believe also.
What ? Surely you'd want a Cork team to go on and win it?
Dale 2 up after 20 were never troubled, day spoiled when Hughesy was stupidly sent off near the end.

Clifford
12/12/2005, 12:44 PM
What ? Surely you'd want a Cork team to go on and win it?
Dale 2 up after 20 were never troubled, day spoiled when Hughesy was stupidly sent off near the end.

I've neer been treated to the hospitality shown to us yesterday by any of the Cork clubs, food, beer, craic, lifts to the game from the local, lifts back as well. We are away to Castleview on Saturday and if I receive the same treatment then I will wish they win the comp in the future and likewise when we next play Avondale I'll see if the craic is the same.....

It was a really enjoyable day out and showed me again how much grass roots football has to offer.

Well done Avondale, good display I hear, I hope they go on and win the FAI Senior cup now..

jimhacker
12/12/2005, 1:32 PM
Loughshinny 1 Carrigaline 1

razor
12/12/2005, 1:48 PM
College Corinthians 2 Temple United 1;
St Mochtas 2 Tramore Athletic 1;
Garda 2 Ringmahon Rangers 0;
Kinvara Ards 1 Blarney United 2;
Bangor Celtic 1 Rockmount 0;
Greenhill Boys 0 Avondale Utd 5;
Liffey Wanders 0 Douglas Hall 1.

Also I heard Brian Kerr was in attendance at the Avondale game over the weekend.

Ash
12/12/2005, 2:28 PM
Can anyone tell me if Gary McCormack is still playing with Tolka Rovers or if
he is still playing at all. Former Ballymun Utd and Athlone Town center half.

richardjjd
12/12/2005, 5:06 PM
Bonagee 3 Ashtown Villa 4.

A nice win for Villa to get on the road. Bonagee must have one of the nicest intermediate set-ups in the country, with a small covered stand, two all weather pitches and one of the best playing surfaces in Donegal. Bonagee were unlucky with a disallowed goal and an open header put wide near the end, but Villa had a second strength team out and always looked stronger.

Any word on when the draw takes place for the next round? 10 or 11 Dublin teams, 4 or 5 from Cork (depending on the result between Loughshinny and Carrigaline) and just one Donegal rep left ...

Clifford
12/12/2005, 5:45 PM

Also I heard Brian Kerr was in attendance at the Avondale game over the weekend.

It may well be true because of the early kick off, but he was deffo at the Rockmount game, stood beside him for a while.

harpskid
12/12/2005, 7:50 PM
Fanad United 1-0 Kildrum Tigers

razor
12/12/2005, 8:19 PM
stood beside him for a while.Did you get to touch the hem of his cloak ?

Rebal Boy
12/12/2005, 9:11 PM

You forgot about Carrigaline Utd. They drew 1-1 away to Loughshinny from Dublin. Great result for them.:)

Clifford
12/12/2005, 11:13 PM
Did you get to touch the hem of his cloak ?

Naw, too busy telling him that Beech is ready for the Irish senior team. He concurred.

drummerboy
13/12/2005, 10:24 AM
Can anyone tell me if Gary McCormack is still playing with Tolka Rovers or if
he is still playing at all. Former Ballymun Utd and Athlone Town center half.

Not with Tolka anymore. Heard he went back to Ballymun, but not in first team.

Ash
13/12/2005, 10:52 AM
Cheers for that.
He was deadly in the 1 season he played in Athlone.
Couldnt stay a second season though cos of work committments.
Sound fella too.

razor
13/12/2005, 11:10 AM
Naw, too busy telling him that Beech is ready for the Irish senior team. He concurred.Well if its the Irish Senior team you're after then Brian is the man. ;)
Now that you mention it, Spratty & himself might do a job alright.

Clifford
13/12/2005, 2:34 PM
He thinks he'll get the job back, he's sent in a cv in Portugese and signed it Jose Number 1. Feels it's enough to fool desperate Delaney and co.

Age pending the boys would lead us to Euro 2008 glory. Spratty banging in the ground work of Beech.

Anto McC
13/12/2005, 8:44 PM

I was at this game in Richmond park and Liffey's should have hammered them but they didnt take their chances :(