PDA

View Full Version : Best programme in the league this season?

Cosmo
21/11/2005, 12:19 PM
And if ye say your own, give your second best one (would also be worth mentioning what programmes ye havent seen this season). I've seen every Premier League teams programme anyway.

Personally think the cork one was the best one - very professionally done and seems to be good consistently (well ive seen both programmes V drogs and they were both great).

Drogs one this season looked closedly at last years cork one and tried to rise to the challenge. Honestly thought it would beat the cork one at the start of the season. Has had mostly brilliant issues (with the odd dodgy one here and there) and one or two simple errors that couldve and shouldve been avoided. However I would think it was second only to the cork one. Hopefully the editor stays on and he can push cork that little bit more!!

Rovers one was my favourite last season. Got one at the Fanad United match this season and thought it was poor. However the programme when they played us (was a double programme with the Hibs match) was first class - couldn't have been better. Not sure if the Fanad like one or the Drogs/ Hibs one was consistently done so hard to give an opinion on how it was over the course of the season.

Big improvement in shels - deserves a mention.

michaelguineys
21/11/2005, 12:27 PM
Our programme is the best without a doubt.

declan hide
21/11/2005, 12:31 PM
i'd agree.

ours is sh1te. 3 euro. hardly anything to read in it. and players who were long gone were left in the team lineups/pen pictures - maybe just to infuriate the fans futher seeing as some of the departed players were fans favourites.

still i guess it helps support the club.

pineapple stu
21/11/2005, 12:32 PM
Didn't see as many of them as usual this season for some reason. There were a lot more double headers though; don't like that - comes across very unprofessional in my opinion.

Bohs - I missed the game in Dalyer.
Bray - Did a double header for our League and FAI Cup tie. A bit of content, but not a huge amount.
Cork - Very good, as we've come to expect.
Derry - Another good programme, although a lot of it seemed to be robbed from eleven-a-side for the UCD game.
Drogheda - Can't remember offhand, though I know Cosmo sent me a copy!:o
Harps - Didn't see one for our recent game. Usually a good effort though.
Longford - Nothing much in it. They did a double header for us and a game which was about three weeks previous as well - no excuse for that.
Pat's - Usually looks better than it is, though again, there was a decent bit of content. Don't recall any UCD slagging, which makes a change!:)
Shels - None for the League Cup semi that I saw. Don't remember the League one (only played there once).
Rovers - Fairly good, though the Su-Hoop-ku contained the most errors per square inch you will ever find!
UCD - Utter rubbish, unfortunately. Usually only the editorial as content, and sometimes even that was left out.
Waterford - Nothing in it, as far as I can remember.

Block G Raptor
21/11/2005, 12:58 PM
We'll its not ours anyway!! p.o.s.

Drumcondra Red
21/11/2005, 1:20 PM
Setanta Cup final program was perhaps the worst program I've ever seen in my life, and after paying for that I bought very few others this season, although I think it was actually produced by Setanta!

Cosmo apologies about the mix up for the last Drogs program against us, things just went all pear shaped for a varietey of reasons, didn't even get to see the thing in the end!!!

tiktok
21/11/2005, 1:31 PM
Ours is the best by miles.
That's should be obvious to everyone.

Rovers and Drogs were good this season.
Was only in Derry the once and didn't get my hands on it, so I can't comment.
The rest in my experience were average at best.

Rory H
21/11/2005, 1:34 PM
one dayy people will realize there is a first division

i liked galways:D

NY Hoop
21/11/2005, 1:48 PM
Corks followed by us and Drogheda (I refuse to call them drogs).

I hate double headers and we've that twice this season but understand the financial reasons.

UCDs on friday wasnt bad considering it was free but had Kieran Foley as a UCD player!

KOH

Bald Student
21/11/2005, 1:54 PM
There's a decision to be made when producing a program. Glossy programs are expensive, which means filling it with adds and less content to pay for it. Black and White programs with a colour cover can have much more content but don't look as good. Personally I prefer content to appearance.

Roo69
21/11/2005, 2:00 PM
For me it would be the Drogheda programe, looks fantastic and full of information from start to finish. Cork programme was brutal. Looked great from the outside but not one mention of us in it at all...... Well they did have a team sheet but that it it. They were more concerened about the following weeks Setanta Cup match they had. very unprofessional and showed a lot of disrespect to the Bray players, officals and supporters that made the trip down

patsh
21/11/2005, 2:09 PM
For me it would be the Drogheda programe, looks fantastic and full of information from start to finish. Cork programme was brutal. Looked great from the outside but not one mention of us in it at all...... Well they did have a team sheet but that it it. They were more concerened about the following weeks Setanta Cup match they had. very unprofessional and showed a lot of disrespect to the Bray players, officals and supporters that made the trip down
:rolleyes:
How much co-operation did the lads who produce the programme get from Bray?

EVERY other team in the league gets full pen pics, and almost always an article, but there has to be co-operation for that.
Amazing that it is by far the best in the league for 2 seasons running, and will win it again, but the boy from Bray claims it is "brutal"....
You'd certainly know all about brutal programmes up in Wicklow.....

KK77
21/11/2005, 2:14 PM
:rolleyes:
How much co-operation did the lads who produce the programme get from Bray?

EVERY other team in the league gets full pen pics, and almost always an article, but there has to be co-operation for that.
Amazing that it is by far the best in the league for 2 seasons running, and will win it again, but the boy from Bray claims it is "brutal"....
You'd certainly know all about brutal programmes up in Wicklow.....

Was just about to say the same myself and i am a Bray fan. We use to have a great programme as far back as the late eighties but now it's a joke.

monutdfc
21/11/2005, 2:23 PM
Dundalk's -easily the best in the First and I'd say it would give any premier one a run for its money

Roo69
21/11/2005, 2:38 PM
Was just about to say the same myself and i am a Bray fan. We use to have a great programme as far back as the late eighties but now it's a joke.

Don't think so, we have never had a great programme.

Cork officals even apoligesed for the programme and lack of info etc.....

Rory H
21/11/2005, 2:49 PM
I cant tell you it isn't Sligo's :/ , I bought a programme up there and it said Sligo Rovers vs Dublin City with a marker over it.. lame.

that was really funny:D

harpskid
21/11/2005, 2:54 PM
Cork, followed by Drogheda.

Think ours is one of the better ones too.

seand
21/11/2005, 3:44 PM
Premier: didn't see Cork/Harps/Longford this season. Drogheda was excellent, Rovers+Pats good, Bohs,Shels+Derry all ok, UCD rubbish, Bray poor, Waterford pathetic.
First: Dundalk's was great and up there with top 3 or 4 in the Premier. (I would say that!) pity about the lack of issues for the games in Monaghan and the last 2 games of the season. Didn't see Sligo or Cobh. Limerick very poor, Mons+Athlone+Galway poor, CHF+Kildare fair.

Conor H
21/11/2005, 3:47 PM
Premier: didn't see Cork/Harps/Longford this season. Drogheda was excellent, Rovers+Pats good, Bohs,Shels+Derry all ok, UCD rubbish, Bray poor, Waterford pathetic.
First: Dundalk's was great and up there with top 3 or 4 in the Premier. (I would say that!) pity about the lack of issues for the games in Monaghan and the last 2 games of the season. Didn't see Sligo or Cobh. Limerick very poor, Mons+Athlone+Galway poor, CHF+Kildare fair.
Ah i can tell ya that are programme is better than Kildare's and CHF .:rolleyes: Kilkenny's is a joke.E3=2 PAGES!!:eek:

The Stars
21/11/2005, 3:58 PM
Who cares about the programme,watch the match FFS.nothing worse than someone reading a programme in the middle of a good match.

harry crumb
21/11/2005, 4:02 PM
Cork City is the top programme by a good way.

Drogheda's was also excellent.

Sliogán Dóite
21/11/2005, 4:09 PM
E3=2 PAGES!!

I bought a programme up there and it said Sligo Rovers vs Dublin City with a marker over it.. lame.

LMFAO at those two!:D

Cosmo
21/11/2005, 8:08 PM
Think ours is one of the better ones too.

This is wrecking my head but the harps programme is the only one i cant remember - remember all the rest but cant be certain that i even bought the harps one - maybe i bought it and lost it that night :(

Actually the craptown one was decent too - even when it slags us off :D

A face
21/11/2005, 8:51 PM
The lads doing Citys programme have been putting some articles etc. on the official website, at the start i was against it but if anything it is encouraging people to buy it more now. Again .... unreal effort from the lads this year.

Speranza
21/11/2005, 8:54 PM
Cork programme on Friday was the best I have seen in the EL. Good size and articles.

Our programme is very good but a bit smaller than the Cork one.

blue til i die
21/11/2005, 9:05 PM
programme quality usuals represents the state of the club. most programmes are done by people who help out at clubs, dont get paid and have to prepare programmes every week free of charge to clubs, in their own time.

Think the cork programme has to be the best in both league.

A face
21/11/2005, 11:38 PM
programme quality usuals represents the state of the club. most programmes are done by people who help out at clubs, dont get paid and have to prepare programmes every week free of charge to clubs, in their own time.

Think the cork programme has to be the best in both league.

Just for the record ... our lads dont get paid at all ... they might get into games for free, but they sell the programme aswell. It has to be said the thing and it actually surprises me, is not the quality itself, its the consistency and commitment to keeping the quality over such a long period of time, that is the hard part.

pete
22/11/2005, 10:57 AM
Cork City programme is most professional by a mile although Rovers one has been good in the past. Cork City programme has won award for last 2 years.

Block G Raptor
22/11/2005, 11:28 AM
Ours is the best by miles.
That's should be obvious to everyone.
Does it take hard work being this obnoxious:confused: or does it just come natrual to EVERY CORKMAN!
:D

tiktok
22/11/2005, 12:25 PM
Does it take hard work being this obnoxious or does it just come natrual to EVERY CORKMAN!

I'm not obnoxious, ours is the best, and it should be obvious to everyone ;) (it seems to be as it happens, bar one Bray fan, the lack of info was probably due to a lack of cooperation from Bray rather than anything else btw).

....and I'm from Kerry :p

Patrick Dunne
22/11/2005, 4:00 PM
when as in Cork Citys case, they are of good quality.

However, the decision of Limerick and Kilkenny to charge E3
for very poor programmes is disappointing. Kilkennys had two articles, both of them full of the usual "todays game against Galway will be difficult but if we give 100% then we can win" guff.

ccfcgirl
22/11/2005, 4:42 PM
i think Cork Citys programme is the best with Shamrock Rovers second .

littlebray
22/11/2005, 8:04 PM
Cork's problems with the Bray match programme were internal, and as someone who works with programmes I understand them. They apologised to their contacts in Bray afterwards.

There's been very good cooperation between Leeside and Seaside on programme material over the past few years (when we've been in the same Division, that is!).

In general this season, Cork City certainly had the best programme I saw!