PDA

View Full Version : Disgraceful Behaviour From Jason Byrne

Block G Raptor
21/11/2005, 9:04 AM
http://www.bohemians.ie/matchcentre.htm

The Sheliban
21/11/2005, 9:27 AM
Lets get this straight.
For some reason, probably because they had just gone a goal down, Bohs fans in the corner of the Des Kelly started throwing missiles at the Shels players. The game had to be stopped - the ref retrieved several objects and brought them to the fourth official.
Shortly after that, Jayo scored, ran down to the Bohs fans and swung a celebratory arm in the air. For this he was quite rightly yellow-carded.
The Bohs report is somewhat biased in its reporting of the truth!
As for the firework, that "narrowly missed" the Bohs goalie, this happened before the game when Shels fans celebrated with a flare display. Some muppet through a banger that exploded about 20 yards from Gregg.
Most reports, both in the press and on the Bohs forums, are expressing disgust at Bohs fans.
Not that we don't have our fair share of eejits, of course.

Block G Raptor
21/11/2005, 9:38 AM
Point Taken. I wasn't at the game and took the report (Which Was on the official site) at face value.
The reason I Started the thread was to to get both sides of the story

Grasshopper 99
21/11/2005, 9:50 AM
Speaking of bohs fans, apparently they tryed to set fire to the bray toilets in our recent match as well has throwing missiles at the assistant ref.

patsh
21/11/2005, 9:57 AM
Point Taken. I wasn't at the game and took the report (Which Was on the official site) at face value.
The reason I Started the thread was to to get both sides of the story
You should have had a look at your lot's own MB, it seems there was disgraceful carry on fron big pub fans again on Friday. Makes me laugh the way you lot get hysterical over Rovers, when you quite obviously have a serious problem with sections of your own support.

NY Hoop
21/11/2005, 10:35 AM
We've been saying this for years. Second week in a row they've caused trouble but nothing in the media:rolleyes:

If a Rovers fan threw a cig on the pitch we would have been fined heavily and it would be splashed all over the herag.

Granted we do have a few nutters, as all clubs do, but boez have the biggest scum element in terms of support.

KOH

Block G Raptor
21/11/2005, 11:14 AM
We've been saying this for years. Second week in a row they've caused trouble but nothing in the media:rolleyes:

If a Rovers fan threw a cig on the pitch we would have been fined heavily and it would be splashed all over the herag.

Granted we do have a few nutters, as all clubs do, but boez have the biggest scum element in terms of support.

KOH
Granted I dont usually see much trouble at the games because I'm usually in Bar straight after the final whistle, but judging by what's been on here lately there does seem to be a problem and the sooner these w'nkers are banned the better, there is no need for this kind of cr@p we are all minoroty eircom league fans and should stick together I'm all for a bit of banter and love the chants etc. (as my sig would suggest:D ) but it's ridiculous to be beating the heads off each other when are these thicks going to realise we don't want them .......having said this it doesn't excuse Byrnes insitement of an already hostile crowd

Roo69
21/11/2005, 11:15 AM
How can Bohs keep getting away with this sort of behaviour ? Its unreal, If Rovers do something like this the press have a field day, Twice this season Bohs absolutey disgraced themselves while out in the Carlisle yet barely a mention of it any where.......... They should be ashamed of themselves, there defo the worse fans ive come accross over the past few seasons by a mile.

Block G Raptor
21/11/2005, 11:24 AM
How can Bohs keep getting away with this sort of behaviour ? Its unreal, If Rovers do something like this the press have a field day, Twice this season Bohs absolutey disgraced themselves while out in the Carlisle yet barely a mention of it any where.......... They should be ashamed of themselves, there defo the worse fans ive come accross over the past few seasons by a mile.

Oh the Shame. I wish these cnuts would just fcukoff.
I really am starting to feel ashamed to follow the club and if it keeps up they are going to destroy the good name of the club,
so if any of you w@nkers are posters on here can I say one thing to you
Fcuk Off we do not want you

The Sheliban
21/11/2005, 11:26 AM
I seem to recall Jason doing the same thing earlier in the season. Against Drogs? The crowd had got him sent off the year before, when he gestured at them, with a linesman standing in front of them!!! So now Drogs fans think they can wind him up any time. So he gets particularly hostile treatment from them, so the last time he scored he celebrated in front of them.
Should learn to ignore it all really.

Block G Raptor
21/11/2005, 11:33 AM
How can Bohs keep getting away with this sort of behaviour ? .

Have any of the incidents been reported to the club
If not then why not, its no use coming on here moaning(and u have good reason to moan if what u say is true) make an official complaint
if Bohs get enough complaints they'll have to do something about the scum

As the father of a three year old girl who is bohs mad it saddens me to think that these cnuts are going to make things so bad that I can no longer take her to the games

This certainly is not the reaction I expected when I started this thread.......Iam however glad i did start it as its opened my eyes to a few home truths about other fans opinion's of certain so called bohs fans

EnDai
21/11/2005, 11:50 AM
Every club has a scum element, there's no denying anything like that. Unfortunately. As for the match report on the Bohemians site, that is the only one that I have read that states Shelbourne fans were throwing stuff during the game (every other report says Bohemians fans were at it), but I wasn't able to make the game, so can't comment myself.

As for Jayo, he's got to learn to rise above it. He's developed quite a habit of this, and we're going to need him not to pick up stupid yellow cards to win the league back next year! ;)

There was some Bohs lad on here a few days ago claiming Dalymount was the only stadium fitted with CCTV, wonder why that isn't being used now? :)

Cosmo
21/11/2005, 12:08 PM
I seem to recall Jason doing the same thing earlier in the season. Against Drogs? The crowd had got him sent off the year before, when he gestured at them, with a linesman standing in front of them!!! So now Drogs fans think they can wind him up any time. So he gets particularly hostile treatment from them, so the last time he scored he celebrated in front of them.
Should learn to ignore it all really.

Tbh (and i have said this before) I dont mind Byrne doing it to us - if ye give it, ye should expect it back and ye can have no complaints.

Players shouldnt react but if theyre getting stick off supporters, its a bit much for supporters to be giving out about a player rubbing it in when they score :eek: !!

pineapple stu
21/11/2005, 12:44 PM
If not then why not, its no use coming on here moaning(and u have good reason to moan if what u say is true) make an official complaint
UCD reported Bohs fans to the league and got fined for it.:rolleyes:

Have fairly little time for Bohs fans in general, to be honest. Moaniest shower you will ever come across. God knows how you could play for them for any length of time.

Can't understand how fans think it's good craic to slag an opposition player for 90 minutes and then act all indignantly self-righteous when the player returns the compliment.

sfc red
21/11/2005, 1:35 PM
First of all, fair play Block G Raptor for being objective and not putting the blinkers on. Secondly, all this about Jayo is a bit OTT in my opinion, O'Callaghan always does it to us and I have no problem with it, as was said if you're gonna give abuse you have to learn to take it.
The behaviour of the Bohs fans was mentioned in a few of the papers, the Times and Indo for definite. Its simply unacceptable to start throwing objects at players once you go a goal down, and many had to be restrained, with one idiot dragged off the pitch. The fact that we were kept back ten to fifteen minutes afterwards and led down all these dark lanes to exit said it all for me

Troy.McClure
21/11/2005, 2:42 PM
Moaniest shower you will ever come across. God knows how you could play for them for any length of time.

Can't understand how fans think it's good craic to slag an opposition player for 90 minutes and then act all indignantly self-righteous when the player returns the compliment.

Although I do have time for Bohs as a club in general I do agree with what you said above, and they definitly need to sort themselves out in the stands. The first step is in acknowledging (sp) that they have a problem, and judging by that report they still have some way to go before getting to that stage! :(

Roo69
21/11/2005, 2:43 PM
if Bohs get enough complaints they'll have to do something about the scum

As the father of a three year old girl who is bohs mad it saddens me to think that these cnuts are going to make things so bad that I can no longer take her to the games

This certainly is not the reaction I expected when I started this thread.......Iam however glad i did start it as its opened my eyes to a few home truths about other fans opinion's of certain so called bohs fans

They most certianly have been reported, 1st time they got something like a €200 fine, which in itself is a joke. The 2nd time around they were a hell of a lot worse and even struck the lino with a bottle....... reported aswell, and i certianly hope the ref had it in his match report as well.

I was standing beside a bohs fan (the bloke in the wheelchair whos at every game, cant remember his name) was raging with his so called fellow Bohs fans..... you could see the embarresment in his face

Réiteoir
21/11/2005, 6:12 PM
We're also forgetting the fact that Shelbourne supporters saw fit to take a couple of the advertising boards at the Des Kelly End off their moorings.

Damage, or not?

And I do wish the idiots who threw objects, etc. from the Jodi would fcuk right off - don't need them latching onto us.

(I should be getting a copy of the match on DVD soon - seeing as I sponsored the video for the game - should make interesting viewing)

bohs til i die
21/11/2005, 6:17 PM
there was a quite a few things about Friday which should be acknowledged ....

1. Shels fans lit 7 [?] flares in a mock of the Bohs display back in May, which we were fined for
2. Several fireworks were then thrown onto the pitch and one that flew fairly close to the Jodi
3. When Jason Byrne scored, he ran 90+ yards to celebrate in front of Bohs fans
4. Bohs fans threw a considerable number of bottles and coins at Shels players and several Bohs fans got onto the pitch.
5. Shels fans damaged 2 advertising hoardings and it was no accident
6. After the game, a group of Shels fans not wearing colours [they were followed from the DK after the game just in case you try and deny it] and wandered around Phibsboro looking for trouble. There was some incidents outside the Mill or McGowans pub [or possibly both] involving this group and it was as much the fault of this group of Shels fans as the BSC or anyone connected to Bohs.

All in all not a good night. the behaviour of the Shels fans was equally as bad as anything perpetrated by Bohs fans and that should be acknowledged

Drumcondra Red
21/11/2005, 8:32 PM
1. Shels fans lit 7 [?] flares in a mock of the Bohs display back in May, which we were fined for
True

2. Several fireworks were then thrown onto the pitch and one that flew fairly close to the Jodi
one that went onto the pitch when Gregg was nowhere near it BEFORE kick off, that I saw, some little fcuk has been at this all season, none of us happy about it

3. When Jason Byrne scored, he ran 90+ yards to celebrate in front of Bohs fans
True, so what if you can dish it out, take it back, O'Callaghan does it too us all the time, you have to expect it when abusing the player!

4. Bohs fans threw a considerable number of bottles and coins at Shels players and several Bohs fans got onto the pitch.
True, bit too much if you ask me!

5. Shels fans damaged 2 advertising hoardings and it was no accident[QUOTE]
Damage, yes, on purpose, no! Fans jumped on the edge in celebration and it fell on top of them
[QUOTE=bohs til i die]6. After the game, a group of Shels fans not wearing colours [they were followed from the DK after the game just in case you try and deny it] and wandered around Phibsboro looking for trouble. There was some incidents outside the Mill or McGowans pub [or possibly both] involving this group and it was as much the fault of this group of Shels fans as the BSC or anyone connected to Bohs.
Shels fans were not looking for trouble, in fact colours weren't worn as a night in town followed, this was an unprovolked attack, in which girls were also hit, a big group walked together for safety in numbers!

bohs til i die
21/11/2005, 9:26 PM
Damage, yes, on purpose, no! Fans jumped on the edge in celebration and it fell on top of them

Shels fans were not looking for trouble, in fact colours weren't worn as a night in town followed, this was an unprovolked attack, in which girls were also hit, a big group walked together for safety in numbers!

1. the damage was done purposefully. Maybe not to begin with but they were then damaged further maliciously

2. there was a few Bohs fans who followed a group of Shels fans to see what they were up to and they were causing trouble. This is a separate incident to the one you describe. Time for you and your fellow Shels fans to wake up to what has developed under your noses recently.

3. there was more then 1 firework, and one was aimed towards the Jodi. Thats FACT. This is backed up by [at least] two separate used fireworks being found on the playing area after the game at the Shed end.

Also, Shels fans are no angels when it comes to firing missiles at players.

sfc red
21/11/2005, 10:07 PM
BTID, he's after agreeing with you ya clown take the blinkers off and read the messages from the Shels fans that condemn the actions of the people who threw stuff. But your really taking exaggeration to a new level

BohDiddley
22/11/2005, 10:25 AM
The bottom line here is that both clubs have questions to answer with regard to the behaviour of their fans on an ugly night. The Bohs MB has been mentioned here already. Anyone who cares to take a look will see that the vast majority of Bohs fans want these thugs as far as possible from BFC. Many Bohs fans chanted 'Out, Out!' at them when the incident happened, and pointed at them, but BEST said the gardai prevented security from intervening. So what are we supposed to do: organize a righteous mob to lynch them ourselves? What you will not find is that the generality of Bohs fans make excuses for this crap or even big up their hoolie element.

Whether JB has a case to answer is debatable: in my opinion, players shouldn't celebrate in front of opposing fans, and certainly shouldn't gesture towards them. Obviously, they are in a position of much greater influence and therefore greater responsibility. In any case, it seemed on the night that he had more concern for Bohs fans than his own, which is twisted and, given his obvious talent, just a bit sad.
Shels officials and players are steadily building a record of needle and confrontation at Dalymount, and it is not in the interests of the game for the powers that be to pretend otherwise.

Drumcondra Red
22/11/2005, 10:38 AM
BohDiddley, I'd pretty much agree with your point there, and tbh, I did notice people waving and pointing at people to stop throwing missiles, as you would see from the majority of people in the Shels end, but its hard to know who's throwing what when you're down the front, also why is it up to the fans to do the job of stewards and especially Gardaí???

The main problem with clubs' troublemakers are the younger lads who seem to look up to the troublemakers, thinking its cool etc.

Now back to the Gardaí, in Dalyer they stood there doing nothing all game, at one point standing in front of the Shelbourne fans in the shed just after the people ran onto the pitch, also we've had this priblme in Tolka when missiles are thrown onto the pitch they do nothing, countless times they've been screamed at and then give warnings to the people shouting at them out of disbelief at them not doing their job!!! Its time they wake up and realise that these games are not just handy overtime and there is actual work to be done!

Roo69
22/11/2005, 10:44 AM
Firstly i was'nt at the match so can't be 100% sure of what happened but from what i saw last night on eL weekley......

If Bohs fans are prepared to dish it out in the form of violence by throwing stuff onto the pitch (the 2nd time in as many weeks they have done this) then they should'nt have any complaints about Byrne celebrating in front of them, although in saying that, with the way the hostile atmosphere was Byrne should have known better than to run 60/70 yards to do what he did....... a bit silly of him.

pete
22/11/2005, 10:55 AM
Bohs will have to be heavily sanctioned by the eL again as crowd problems from Bohs fans is becoming common practice now.

Jason Byrne should also be sanctioned for taunting fans as it is dangerous & can lead to these kind of situations - a suspended ban conditional on future behavoiur may be appropriate.

Block G Raptor
22/11/2005, 11:33 AM
I was standing beside a bohs fan (the bloke in the wheelchair whos at every game, cant remember his name)

Niall?

Roo69
22/11/2005, 11:48 AM
Niall?

Not to sure being honest, im brutal with names ! but i presume thats the bloke, sound man might i add.......

Block G Raptor
22/11/2005, 11:51 AM
Not to sure being honest, im brutal with names ! but i presume thats the bloke, sound man might i add.......

Diamond bloke, Thats what a real fan looks like if any of the w@nkers care to have a look
(i've even heard him taking abuse from some little shyte in the jodi, needless to say the afforementioned shyte didnt survive too long)

ThatGuy
22/11/2005, 11:54 AM
http://www.bohemians.ie/matchcentre.htm
What's the point in highlighting an issue from the game when Bohemians have more to answer for than Shelbourne do?

What happened in Dalymount was a disgrace, there is a nasty element creeping into the club which has to be stomped out before it gets worse.

Shelbourne fans lit flares, in my opinion that is no big deal.(I didn't think it was a big deal when Bohs did it in the earlier fixture either though at least Shels support were in the stand). Jason Byrne celebrated in front of Bohs fans, so what? He was getting abuse throughout the game, and taunted about his wife etc, many people would have reacted the same way.

Meanwhile, Bohs fans (kids) were throwing bottles onto the pitch and two idiots invaded the pitch during the celebrations of Shels' second goal. No excuse for that.

As for other clubs trying to point score against Bohs over this issue, as this is a message board with a bit of banter that is fair enough, but it is ridiculous for Shamrock Rovers fans to come on and claim that Bohs have the biggest scum element in Ireland when that is blatantly untrue.

Bohemians have to sort out the problem at the club before it gets out of hand, as it is with a certain other club in Ireland and several clubs abroad.

Block G Raptor
22/11/2005, 11:58 AM
What's the point in highlighting an issue from the game when Bohemians have more to answer for than Shelbourne do?

What happened in Dalymount was a disgrace, there is a nasty element creeping into the club which has to be stomped out before it gets worse.

Shelbourne fans lit flares, in my opinion that is no big deal.(I didn't think it was a big deal when Bohs did it in the earlier fixture either though at least Shels support were in the stand). Jason Byrne celebrated in front of Bohs fans, so what? He was getting abuse throughout the game, and taunted about his wife etc, many people would have reacted the same way.

Meanwhile, Bohs fans (kids) were throwing bottles onto the pitch and two idiots invaded the pitch during the celebrations of Shels' second goal. No excuse for that.

As for other clubs trying to point score against Bohs over this issue, as this is a message board with a bit of banter that is fair enough, but it is ridiculous for Shamrock Rovers fans to come on and claim that Bohs have the biggest scum element in Ireland when that is blatantly untrue.

Bohemians have to sort out the problem at the club before it gets out of hand, as it is with a certain other club in Ireland and several clubs abroad.

As I said i wasn't at the match, I read the match report and took it at face value I started this thread to get others opinion's

NY Hoop
22/11/2005, 12:00 PM
that is fair enough, but it is ridiculous for Shamrock Rovers fans to come on and claim that Bohs have the biggest scum element in Ireland when that is blatantly untrue.

How is it blatantly untrue?

KOH

fbtn
22/11/2005, 3:25 PM
Got hassle off the bruberry fakery brigade again in Dalymount a few weeks back at our game. Security came up and told us (3 blokes) that their hooligan element were looking to have a go at us, so we just moved into the middle of the Jodi.

Went into the club bar afterwards and were well looked after but met the spotty wee pr!cks again outside the Big Tree looking to 'go large' with their firm against two of us. Not the first time I've had bother off these chavs.

While Bohs most certainly have a problem, one of the worst in the league in actual fact - if they got rid of these english wannabees like the majority of their fans want, it would get rid of most of the trouble inside and outside grounds.

Colm
22/11/2005, 3:30 PM
As for other clubs trying to point score against Bohs over this issue, as this is a message board with a bit of banter that is fair enough, but it is ridiculous for Shamrock Rovers fans to come on and claim that Bohs have the biggest scum element in Ireland when that is blatantly untrue..

It's far from blatantly untrue.
Rovers have their own hooligans but Bohs have just as many and the difference with Bohs is that they're real cowardly lowlife who like to attack women and kids and then run a mile when they're out of their depth. At least Rovers only fight with like minded individuals.

Block G Raptor
22/11/2005, 3:36 PM
Fcuk this I'm Starting to get a complex
I knew we had a few a few Pr!ck$ attaching themselves to the club
but thought they were mostly active against Rovers
Didn't realise that so many clubs had had run ins with them
Something needs to be done and sooner rather later
I'll be bringing this up at the next members meeting

sfc red
23/11/2005, 8:37 AM
If Jay is to be fined for running towards the opposition fans with arms outstretched, then how come nothing has been mentioned of O'Callaghan giving the w@nker gesture to opposition fans??? Surely thats worse :rolleyes:

Dr.Nightdub
23/11/2005, 9:35 PM
If the words "what about" didn't exist, this board would be a much quieter place