PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Present help needed.

Hitman
21/11/2005, 5:44 AM
Sorry to bring this up so early, but suggestions would be greatly appreciated for a 28 year-old female, into IT, very health concious, very sporty. Clothes, perfume, and jewelery are ruled out. Oh, and she has no interest in football.

Drumcondra Red
21/11/2005, 8:20 AM
Make-up, although bexpensive, at least you know she'll look that bit better!!!

paul_oshea
21/11/2005, 8:28 AM
at least you know she'll look that bit better!!!

maybe not, mutton dressed as lamb?

into it and sporty. hmmm, an xbox??? that way if she doesnt like it at least you will have an xbox to play on. necklaces are always appreciated. that usually works.

the 12 th man
21/11/2005, 9:49 AM
Gym membership.
new pair of runners.

Gareth
21/11/2005, 10:22 AM
Gym Membership - Do you think I'm fat?
Necklace - Personally I steer clear of jewelery for girls.

28 year old into her IT and Sporty, and health conscious, hmmm you could get her tickets to some big sporting event in a foreign country and stay in a Health Resort/Spa :)

Alternatively I am big into combo presents as opposed to one big killer pressie. However if she's into Electronic things go into Philips Store on dames street and pick up a book. Full of funky gear!! Sports wise, what sports does she like?

paul_oshea
21/11/2005, 10:27 AM
Necklace - Personally I steer clear of jewelery for girls

ive never got it wrong ;)
having said that all the birds i bought them for have now thrown them out!!!LOL cos of break ups!!!!hehe.

but ya a nice necklace always works so long as its discrete and goes with some dress/top they have.

agree with ye on the gym option though!!!

the 12 th man
21/11/2005, 10:31 AM
[QUOTE=

agree with ye on the gym option though!!![/QUOTE]

Look,
You're buying to save her the money,to stop her spending her own,chances are if she keeps fit she is probably a member somewhere already,it doesn't have to be a statement..........................

Gareth
21/11/2005, 11:25 AM
We know that 12th Man, but then we are guys.

I have questioned numerous girls on jewelery and they tend to agree unless you are really bloody good, it tends to be a dodgy one. They would rather buy it with you. Most girls have accepted jewelery they hate as not to offend.

Personally my gf would love a ton of money to spend on CDs in Tower :)

paul_oshea
21/11/2005, 12:17 PM
agree unless you are really bloody good

ok fair point. but i must be then!!! ah no ive always got help from the women working in there. but something different is always nice.

anto1208
21/11/2005, 12:44 PM
a romping rabbit , even if she does nt think she needs it she will love it !;)

paul_oshea
21/11/2005, 12:51 PM
quality anto, quality.

is that what you got yours though, i would never need to get my bird something like that ;)

anto1208
21/11/2005, 1:09 PM
quality anto, quality.

is that what you got yours though, i would never need to get my bird something like that ;)

thats what she is getting this year , maybe not a rabbit but something along those lines ........

she is very excited about it ...dont know what that says about me !

dont forget to get the batteries before xmas as there's no shops open xmas day :D

Drumcondra Red
21/11/2005, 1:36 PM
There is, Petrol Stations are manned and sell batteries :D

anto1208
21/11/2005, 1:48 PM
There is, Petrol Stations are manned and sell batteries :D

touche!:D

paul_oshea
21/11/2005, 3:09 PM
d red you've been in that situation before then, was that the hairy moment with gareths missus you were on about before??? :D

Aldini98
21/11/2005, 3:19 PM
Dump her, she sounds like a bint. You sound under the thumb bigtime mate !!!!!

A face
22/11/2005, 4:47 PM
Here .... give these guys (http://www.ontap.ie/index.php?pageID=1)a ring, they'll sort you out !! :p

Maz
22/11/2005, 4:59 PM
Sorry to bring this up so early, but suggestions would be greatly appreciated for a 28 year-old female, into IT, very health concious, very sporty. Clothes, perfume, and jewelery are ruled out. Oh, and she has no interest in football.
A trip away somewhere in the new year, a new mobile, re-new gym membership for the new year or just get her gym membership if she isnt joined already.

hamish
22/11/2005, 5:48 PM
I have a couple of lady friends (stop laughing at the back, dirty minded fcukers) and they're really good to me.

For one, I go to my local chemist where I get my drugs and get the girls there to make up a basket thingy with lovely moisturisers, perfumes etc. Rather expensive but with lovely ribbons and all, looks lovely and one friend loves that kind of thing.

The other one is into wines so I go to another place and they make up another baskety thing with various wines.

Hope that helps.:)

strangeirish
22/11/2005, 6:10 PM
Breast Implants:eek: :D

4tothefloor
22/11/2005, 7:08 PM
For one, I go to my local chemist where I get my drugs and get the girls there to make up a basket thingy with lovely moisturisers, perfumes etc. Rather expensive but with lovely ribbons and all, looks lovely and one friend loves that kind of thing.

The other one is into wines so I go to another place and they make up another baskety thing with various wines.

So you give them the same presents every year? :D

hamish
22/11/2005, 7:08 PM
Breast Implants

Oh, strangeirish, he's gonna be vewy vewy cwoss with you - see my post in tottyland - would he like her THAT big.:eek:

strangeirish
22/11/2005, 7:57 PM
Oh, strangeirish, he's gonna be vewy vewy cwoss with you - see my post in tottyland - would he like her THAT big.:eek:

Oh I can handle dat cwazy wabbit:p

hamish
22/11/2005, 10:05 PM
Oh I can handle dat cwazy wabbit:p

'fore I forgit - what you giving the Venezualen bird for Christmas, O strange one!!:D

Green Tribe
23/11/2005, 12:40 AM
I have a couple of lady friends (stop laughing at the back, dirty minded fcukers) and they're really good to me.

Hope that helps.:)

You sound like a gangster or a pimp hamish :D

hamish
23/11/2005, 1:09 AM
You sound like a gangster or a pimp hamish

WTF Another KT ambush. :eek:

That was all above board - nothing sleazy - friends that's all. drugs are legal BTW.:p

I thought the pressies I mentioned were nice TBH.

Green Tribe
23/11/2005, 1:23 PM
:D only kidding, lovely pressies

hamish
24/11/2005, 1:45 AM
:D only kidding, lovely pressies

Yeah, generous, kind hearted old Hamish:p :D

strangeirish
25/11/2005, 4:13 PM
'fore I forgit - what you giving the Venezualen bird for Christmas, O strange one!!:D

A strange and long one:D :D

onenilgameover
25/11/2005, 10:04 PM
an electric foot spa from argos 60 turtles....makes your feet feel like new again...does the trick on mine after a long session on the astro turf.....the one withthe infra-red is the best...

lim abroad
25/11/2005, 10:40 PM
how's about an ipod

Block G Raptor
28/11/2005, 3:25 PM
A trip away somewhere in the new year, .

Brought my ex-Fiance to malta for her 21st in jan 2003
class place and the weather was like our hottest summer days
only cost me €450 for the week for both of us
plus literally every second shop in Valletta is a jewellers and the the gold is Dirt cheap and great quality so if you wanted to buy her something really special while you're there you'd be talking max €200

Drumcondra Red
28/11/2005, 3:29 PM
Ah here Block G Raptor, surely the trip is enough, another €200 on her??? Jaysus she'd be doing well!!!

Block G Raptor
28/11/2005, 3:36 PM
Well we got engaged out there got a 16 carat rock for 1,200 youd pay about three times that over here

paul_oshea
28/11/2005, 4:13 PM
ya but now shes ur ex!!! so maybe she didnt like malta? or the carat gold thingie

Block G Raptor
28/11/2005, 4:16 PM
ya but now shes ur ex!!! so maybe she didnt like malta? or the carat gold thingie

No she loved both Cried like a baby when I took the rock back:D

no we split for many reasons the main one being the fact that she is a compleate psychotic control freak

RonnieB
28/11/2005, 4:21 PM
how's about an ipod

Hows about the ivibe

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/11/23/ipod_accessory/ nsfw

Drumcondra Red
28/11/2005, 7:24 PM
no we split for many reasons the main one being the fact that she is a compleate psychotic control freak

Ah yes, now the engagement makes sense!!! :D

Block G Raptor
29/11/2005, 9:10 AM
What can I say love is blind ...........No she was grand till the baby arrived and we moved in together

Wiseguy
30/11/2005, 2:57 PM
Bring her away somewhere nice for a few days and pamper her no end.Works a treat plus you get a nice break aswell.