PDA

View Full Version : El Grande Classico

dfx-
19/11/2005, 8:55 PM
...an utter humiliation/annihilation/embarrassment/masterclass

Barcelona are the best team in the world. I have said it for a season now and they keep proving it right. Real and the team they put out just couldn't handle them and that was their strongest team.

Real giving a standing ovation to Ronaldinho after the third was magnificent..:cool:

It was almost too easy...:D

De Town
19/11/2005, 9:00 PM
what an amzing display......pure genius......

Risteard
20/11/2005, 12:35 PM
Very surprised at how poor Real were.
Think bad defending made Ronaldinhos goals look better than they were.
Real are starting to pay for signing the worlds best players while they were in their prime while Ronaldinho is probably still improving.
Barca have tightened up at the back aswell so are looking a much stronger prospect for the CL.

Aldini98
21/11/2005, 8:44 AM
Truely class.

Anyone got links to the goals?

drinkfeckarse
21/11/2005, 12:11 PM
A joy to watch, Barca simply had to much fitness/energy for an ageing Madrid team and totally overpowered them.
That's the end for Real now and that team will now break up I think.

finlma
21/11/2005, 12:25 PM
Roaldinho is amazing to watch. He will surely be remembered as the best player the world has ever seen for generations. He tore Madrid apart - and people prefer to watch the English Premiership :confused:

mypost
22/11/2005, 4:06 AM
The 0-3 result was a fluke.

Real struggled badly with many players unfit/injured. Helguera, Beckham, Zidane, Ronaldo, and later on, Raul. The heart was ripped out of the team, and Barca were made to look better than they are. This "best team in the world" crap from dfx, usually fk up, against a side who have a go to them, e.g. Ath. Madrid, Chelsea, Valencia, and Zaragoza. Real didn't, no surprise really given all the injuries.

It was one game too soon for half of the team. :(

Aldini98
22/11/2005, 8:39 AM

Real struggled badly with many players unfit/injured. Helguera, Beckham, Zidane, Ronaldo, and later on, Raul. The heart was ripped out of the team, and Barca were made to look better than they are. This "best team in the world" crap from dfx, usually fk up, against a side who have a go to them, e.g. Ath. Madrid, Chelsea, Valencia, and Zaragoza. Real didn't, no surprise really given all the injuries.

What injuries? Woodgate ? ooooooh hes class :rolleyes: and Gravesen doesn't exactly set the world alight either.

The only fluke was that it wasn't 7 or 8-0 !!!!!

cullenswood
22/11/2005, 12:26 PM

Utter rubbish from a blinkered view. Barca proved that they have the better team than Real, and played the much better footballer. All we need now is Eanna to come on and continue to tell us that Real are a better team than Barca, and apparently alway will be!!:D

finlma
22/11/2005, 12:30 PM

Name the injuries - that was more or less the full Real team. Barcelona are quiet clearly the best club team in the world at the moment - no one is even close.

Dodge
22/11/2005, 1:30 PM
In fairness a number of rel players weren't 100% but barca missed Belletti and Van Bommel who up to their injuries were starters...

And Barca didn't **** up in all their games, they were just beaten on the day. Not a huge deal tbh....

Oh and they wont win the CL. Chelsea will

NeilMcD
22/11/2005, 4:25 PM
anybody got links to the goals as I missed them

SaucyJack
22/11/2005, 7:05 PM
anybody got links to the goals as I missed them

try the first post on thread I link from the Premierleagueboston site

http://www.premierleagueboston.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=14008

mypost
23/11/2005, 4:55 AM
Utter rubbish from a blinkered view. Barca proved that they have the better team than Real, and played the much better football.

Real are not a bad side. It was just one of those nights, when Real had a load of injured players playing, and Barca got everything their own way. It was a one-off.

cullenswood
23/11/2005, 7:39 AM
Real are not a bad side. It was just one of those nights, when Real had a load of injured players playing, and Barca got everything their own way. It was a one-off.

I'm not saying Real are a bad side, of course they aren't, and I think it will be a close race for the title, and maybe the 0-3 scoreline and the how much better Barca were on the nite didn't accruately reflect the quality of both sides, but I do think that Barca have the better overall team.

razor
23/11/2005, 8:29 AM
If the Real Ronaldo had tapped in from 2 yards at 0-2 instead of trying a fancy flick then it could well have been a different game.

Still though the Real defence were like statues, standing there watching Baby Ron glide past them. I mean whether you go tackle him inside or outside the box he is still going to ground whether contact is made or not.You might as well make it worth his while. They were sh*tting themselves.

While we're on the subject of Baby Ron, All that money surely they can do something with his teeth. They were able to sort Ronan Keatings surely they can sort his too

thejollyrodger
23/11/2005, 8:38 AM
Reál the fascist clowns were humilated. Well done barca !!

dfx-
24/11/2005, 7:44 PM
It's all ifs, buts and maybe about Real and some people's blinkered views.....

If this or that happened, blah, blah, blah....:rolleyes:

The fact are Real's strongest team (-Woodgate) were completely and totally outplayed. To say that the strongest team that Real could put out was half with unfit, unprepared, old players says it all for their policies over the last few years.

Even with Woodgate, he alone as an improvement would not have been able to stop the deluge...

It could have been and should've been 7 or 8-0...as I've said many a time with Real, you can get away with it at Cadiz or Alaves or Athletic Bilbao where they were 1-0 down....but against the real opposition, they have failed consistently over the last two years this season - Depor, Valencia and Barcelona and Lyon, the best 4 teams you've played have completely outplayed Real and this defeat is not because of bad injuries or lucky mi****s from Ronaldo, they are no longer good enough to beat the top opposition....full stop.

mypost
02/04/2006, 6:39 AM

Well, in the re-match, it was a contest, and we got a 1-1 draw with only 10 men. :D

The two results, and others this season shows once again that Barca ("best team in the world", dfx :D ) don't deliver when they face someone who give them a proper game. F the gap at the top, the 1-1 scoreline means that our credibility has been restored, and Barcelona have dropped 5 points in their home games against the Madrid sides this season. :)

Junior
03/04/2006, 8:44 AM
Real had to win, Barca didn't, in terms of winning La Liga - Real couldn't step up to the mark, Carlos acting the eejit didn't help.

Barca also had the better of the game, larsson should have had a couple along with at least one Eto'o chance that I remember.

I only caught the first half of the seville derby on sky. Was supposed to go to that game with a mate but it fell through, looked like there was plenty of pre-match aggro betwwen fans. Game finsihed 2-1 to Betis, anyone see it? were Betis worthy winners?

dfx-
03/04/2006, 8:59 AM
Real had to win, Barca didn't, in terms of winning La Liga - Real couldn't step up to the mark

And that is, as they say, is that.

Real celebrating holding Barcelona to a 1-1 draw regarding it as an achievement. That is how bad and how low Madrid followers now consider themselves, not equals to Barcelona, but the plucky team who held out for a point against the champions and champions elect...much like Celtic/Liverpool/Malaga etc.

What a pity..:D

Dodge
03/04/2006, 9:41 PM
Was at the game. Barca dominated throughout. One missed Ronaldinho pass and a hamstring strain by Motta and thats pretty much it from Real who played the entire second half with 8 defenders.

Benfica on Wednesday is seen as a bigger game.

Junior
03/04/2006, 9:51 PM
Was at the game. Barca dominated throughout. One missed Ronaldinho pass and a hamstring strain by Motta and thats pretty much it from Real who played the entire second half with 8 defenders.

Benfica on Wednesday is seen as a bigger game.

It was a great finish from Ronaldo in fairness, but Barca dominated as you would expect with the one man advantage.

Dodge
03/04/2006, 9:54 PM
Yeah gorgeous finish. Still the best finisher in the world IMO. He didn't move for large parts of the game though and he performed the worst dive I've ever seen in person...