PDA

View Full Version : Amazing come back

geg124
19/11/2005, 4:06 PM
Leeds United have came back and won 4-3 after been 3-0 at half time. What a result for Leeds.

Im absolutly delighted

:D :D :D

BobbySands
19/11/2005, 4:28 PM
Great to see Miller played a major role. Good for him.

dfx-
19/11/2005, 8:42 PM
Coming back from a 3-0 half time deficit is soooooooooo last May... :rolleyes: ;)

OwlsFan
19/11/2005, 8:57 PM
Yes, Liam Miller scored the winner for them. They also scored their 4 goals in the last 20 minutes. That's why a team should never give up even when 3 down. Most commentators (particularly George Hamilton) think a game is over when someone goes 2-0. I remember Wednesday leading Chelsea 3-0 at half time - going behind 3-4 and then making it 4-4 in a League Cup quarter final.

Today Wednesday lost 2-1 to Watford with Whelan scoring in the 90th minute and then they missed a good chance to equalise from the kick off.
Could have scored 2 in the last minute!!

razor
19/11/2005, 9:23 PM
My dad had the game for a draw, thought he was goosed at HT.
Then 3-3 with 6 left, then Miller pops up, l@nger

Risteard
20/11/2005, 12:43 PM
Coming back from a 3-0 half time deficit is soooooooooo last May... :rolleyes: ;)
What about a 71st minute 3-0 deficit?

Impressive.
Reckon Blackwell went from being sacked to having his job completely safe in 15 minutes though he admitted afterwards that he was more surprised than anyone.
Should have said. "I called one or two of the lads over after 70 minutes.
We devised a plan and we stuck to it."
Instead he said.
"I just sent out the lads at half-time and told them to try regain a little bit of pride"

Lionel Ritchie
22/11/2005, 11:15 AM
Stunned and delighted. Not the first time Leeds have done that though -well yes with this squad it is - but I watched us come from 3-0 down against Derby in 1997 and go on to win 4-3.

I think it's the timeframe it all happened in that makes it all the more remarkable though. Good to see Miller score. I reckon we might get to keep him yet.

SaucyJack
22/11/2005, 12:18 PM
anyone know how Jonathan Douglas, on loan from Blackburn and from Monaghan,(also has one cap) is doing at Leeds?

Hibs4Ever
23/11/2005, 8:24 AM
My dad had the game for a draw, thought he was goosed at HT.
Then 3-3 with 6 left, then Miller pops up, l@nger

Had it for a draw myself. Millers goal cost me top dollar:mad:

Hulsey
25/11/2005, 12:41 PM
anyone know how Jonathan Douglas, on loan from Blackburn and from Monaghan,(also has one cap) is doing at Leeds?
Have to say I've been impressed with him. Thought he was a very good player when he got a run in the blackburn side under Souness. He scored a last minute equiliser against Brighton to get a point on his Home debut. Not a bad way to win the fans over!