PDA

View Full Version : Close season transfers

Dodge
19/11/2005, 11:56 AM
I know there's another thread elsewhere but I spent at least 30 seconds looking for it and couln't find it.

Anyway the rumours at Pats;

released;
Paul Donnolly, Barry Prenderville, Vinny perth, Robbie Smith, Robbie Doyle

Ger Rowe is returning to shels and won't be offered a contract at Pats. Longford very interested in him aparently.

Apparently we've already signed Joey Ndo and Alan Reynolds (but I'll wait until I see it) and we're chasing Crowe like mad.

Shels are interested in Barry Ryan but he's staying put.

Feel free to add this to the other list, or add your own here

Gareth
19/11/2005, 12:35 PM
Ger Rowe was let go by Shels. He is a free agent I assume now.

KR's Post
19/11/2005, 12:40 PM
I know there's another thread elsewhere but I spent at least 30 seconds looking for it and couln't find it.

Anyway the rumours at Pats;

released;
Paul Donnolly, Barry Prenderville, Vinny perth, Robbie Smith, Robbie Doyle

Ger Rowe is returning to shels and won't be offered a contract at Pats. Longford very interested in him aparently.

Apparently we've already signed Joey Ndo and Alan Reynolds (but I'll wait until I see it) and we're chasing Crowe like mad.

Shels are interested in Barry Ryan but he's staying put.

Feel free to add this to the other list, or add your own here

Robbie on his way back to us me thinks but Roo69 will know more! Why was he released? Not happy out there?

The Stars
19/11/2005, 12:47 PM
He was released cos he's useless.most over-rated player in the league.

chippie0001
19/11/2005, 12:50 PM
The Bohs rumours as as follows:

Oman, Palmer, Cooney and Kedfy from the exisiting squad to go. Mixed rumours on Keddy but the strongest one is he is gone.

Ward, Harkin and Heary offered new contracts with all likely to sign, Harkin may be the dodgiest of these.

On new signings, O'Brien and Ferguson from Longford meant to be done deals. Either McGuinness or Doherty, even both meant to be coming in. Lastly looking at both fabio and Fitzpatrick with the strongest rumours being Fabio. Then 2 other as yet un named players.

monkey magic
19/11/2005, 12:52 PM
On new signings, O'Brien and Ferguson from Longford meant to be done deals.

am i the only person who thinks this man is seriously over-rated, gets sent off far to often for my liking..

ccfcgirl
19/11/2005, 1:10 PM
Greg o Halloran is rumoured at going to shels but If they offer him a good contract he will stay, Kearney also needs to get his contract resolved if not his also on his way out of city.

Finlay Harp
19/11/2005, 2:37 PM
Rumour has it that Harkin is on his way back to Harps.

Mental Man
19/11/2005, 4:27 PM
Harkin on his way back to play in the first division, that i will believe when i see it :rolleyes:
It looks like down here that we may be keeping most of our players,the only 1 i see going is andrews and he will more than likely head back to kilkenny.

Maz
19/11/2005, 4:42 PM
Rumour has it that Harkin is on his way back to Harps.
Certainly cannot see that happening

joema
19/11/2005, 4:56 PM
Harkin on his way back to play in the first division, that i will believe when i see it :rolleyes:
It looks like down here that we may be keeping most of our players,the only 1 i see going is andrews and he will more than likely head back to kilkenny.

Andrews got a new contract with ye

lefty
19/11/2005, 5:32 PM
I think Galway will be signing Fran Carter back, I have heard other names but I'm not allowed to say :D

Legend!

sonofstan
19/11/2005, 8:10 PM
am i the only person who thinks this man is seriously over-rated, gets sent off far to often for my liking..

No; you're not the only one

Maz
19/11/2005, 8:13 PM
No; you're not the only one
He is definately gonna be missed here

pineapple stu
19/11/2005, 8:24 PM
[QUOTE=Apparently we've already signed Joey Ndo and Alan Reynolds (but I'll wait until I see it) and we're chasing Crowe like mad.[/QUOTE]
You and what money?!

Alan McNally to Cork is looking more of a possibility. Gonna cost the guts of E40,000 - 50,000 though. Drogheda want a couple of our players again this year, but they're under contract, so we can tell them where to go.:)

No word on players released yet, but won't be too many. We're looking at keeping the current team and improving on this season now the younger players (Dicker, Quigley, Hurley, etc.) have a year in the Premier under their belts.

Troy.McClure
19/11/2005, 11:40 PM
Who is McNally? What position is he? Id get that Finn guy from yere u21 side in to our u21 team righa away if I had the choice.

Are Shels actually thinking of letting Ndo go? He's class! Id have him in the Cork team no probs.

Speranza
20/11/2005, 1:22 AM
Only heard rumours and TBH don't know how reliable they are.

OUT

Forde - supposedly signed pre-contract with $hels allowing him to study in U.C.D. Heard he recently got married and built a home in the west so don't know if it's true! Judas MK II :confused: :mad:

Delaney - Kenny insisting on all players living in Derry and he can't get an accountancy job up here so probably on the way.

Eamon Doherty - Has got a look in recently. Heard Cliftonvile were in but I'd say he'll end up with Harps or a north-west IL team.

Pat Mc Court - In the true nature of the rumour mill I heard two conflicting reports. One suggesting he was to sign a two year deal the other that he has a offer from QPR waiting for him.

IN

Kevin Mc Who - While back looked a cert now people saying he may end up in IL. Hopefully the little scrawny fuc.k rots.

Talking to a Harps player but not sure who.

Longford fan on here said Sean Prunty was linked a few weeks back.

sligoman
20/11/2005, 1:27 AM
Delaney - Kenny insisting on all players living in Derry and he can't get an accountancy job up here so probably on the way.
Hrmm, where does he live? I wonder if he'd come to us?:o.

Speranza
20/11/2005, 1:36 AM
He works for PriceWaterhouseCooper in Dublin. Hate slating our players but he isn't as good as the hype suggests. Lurch like in stature but can't jump and you'll **** yourself every time he has the ball with a forward running toward him.

Norn Iron U-21 internation Mark McChyrstal is IMO a far better defender.

Forgot to add the usual Darren Kelly back to us rumour which I heard over the weekend in Cork. Superb defender and with him and IMO player of the year Pizza in defence we would be watertight.

Longfordian
20/11/2005, 1:56 AM
Remember reading in the paper that Delaney was trying to seek a career move to Derry (as in the accountancy), must not have worked out for him. He can really impress sometimes when you see him but others he's complete muck. Sean Prunty is likely to be with us next year again I think though Kenny always thought the world of him.

Dr.Nightdub
20/11/2005, 2:14 AM
You and what money?!

AFAIK, Prenderville this season was only getting a bit less than what Ndo was getting from us up until the move to Shels. I'd say it's one out, one in, money-wise. And between them, the wages of the rest that are being released would probably cover Reynolds.

Landing Crowe would be a biggie but we've been hearing for ages that Johnny Mc is keen to find a way of financing it. Mileson hasn't gone away even though Roddy's out of the frame so you never know. I'm still edgy about that one, but the numbers being bandied about are certainly worth looking at. I've a lot of confidence in Andy O'C as it is, but the more I hear about this whole thing, the more I think he's playing a blinder.

Longfordian
20/11/2005, 2:19 AM
Apparently one of your officials was reckoning last night that there'd be three "build a team around" signings, defender, midfielder and striker and the rest would be "value" signings. Must say by the way that I'd love to see Pats back at the "business end"!

Speranza
20/11/2005, 2:22 AM
Why has Prenderville been released?

EnDai
20/11/2005, 4:08 AM
With Shels releasing Glen Fitz, I can't see Crowe going anywhere. Otherwise we'd only have 2 strikers on the books, as Ger Rowe was also released.

Ndo, well, all I can do is laugh at notions of him going back to Inchicore. I laughed at the first post or two mentioning it, but now it just has me confused and somewhat bewildered! ;) But I still laugh! :)

Slash/ED
20/11/2005, 12:19 PM
There's no way we'd sell Ndo unless a bount of mental illness sweeps Tolka Park, and more to the point, if Ndo left he'd have literally his pick of every club in this country and probably some abroad too. There's no way he'd go back to Pats. Also don't see why we'd get rid of Crowe, Pats couldn't afford the transfer fees nevermind the wages surely. Neither are out of contract.

Could be truth in the Reynolds one, but I hope not. He was actually very impressive when he played for us, and I'd rather keep him than Crawford for that position.

TheSaint2002
20/11/2005, 12:38 PM
Why has Prenderville been released?

his preformances were mediocre for the big money he was on wont be missed but you could say that about most of our squad the moment :mad:

headtheball
20/11/2005, 12:41 PM
He works for PriceWaterhouseCooper in Dublin. Hate slating our players but he isn't as good as the hype suggests. Lurch like in stature but can't jump and you'll **** yourself every time he has the ball with a forward running toward him.

Norn Iron U-21 internation Mark McChyrstal is IMO a far better defender.

Forgot to add the usual Darren Kelly back to us rumour which I heard over the weekend in Cork. Superb defender and with him and IMO player of the year Pizza in defence we would be watertight.

Big Clive has been superb all season.Granted he has made some blunders but so has Pizza,Fordie to name a few.I have no doubt that he will be with us next season.As for Darren Kelly he's on big money at Portadown and would need to take a big drop in wages to come back to us.He is also under contract till next June,so a move for him is out of the question.

Roverstillidie
20/11/2005, 1:00 PM
when mileson was sniffing around the hoops glen crowe was the first name he mentioned signing.
interesting that pats fans are now admitting he is on the scene despte giving us dogs for telling them this 3 months ago!!

pineapple stu
20/11/2005, 1:46 PM
Who is McNally? What position is he?
Centre half. Usually wears number 5, but has been out injured since the FAI Cup third round in Longford.

Dr.Nightdub
20/11/2005, 1:57 PM
interesting that pats fans are now admitting he is on the scene despte giving us dogs for telling them this 3 months ago!!

The big differences are that youse were looking at it mainly in terms of Roddy being inflicted on us as part of a Mileson buy-out, and that youse were taking speculation and turning it into a done deal. The reality is different. The Roddy part won't happen now that Johnny Mc's contract has been extended. The Mileson part might happen yet but it depends on whether his offer is serious and what Andy O'Callaghan's prepared to give him in return

sligoman
20/11/2005, 3:15 PM
he has recently just got married with Alan GoughAww that's nice. Good luck to the lovely couple;) :D.

Mental Man
20/11/2005, 6:41 PM
Great to see Rennie going to pats,he will be linking up with his drinking buddy (frosty) now, Johnny mac better keep an eye on him :D .
The 2 of them used to be polluted when they were here in waterford,why do ya think he got the boot from here,no training and seen in every night club in town on most nights of the week.
Ye are welcome to them lads.:D

Dodge
21/11/2005, 12:01 AM
There's no way we'd sell Ndo unless a bount of mental illness sweeps Tolka Park, and more to the point, if Ndo left he'd have literally his pick of every club in this country and probably some abroad too. There's no way he'd go back to Pats. Also don't see why we'd get rid of Crowe, Pats couldn't afford the transfer fees nevermind the wages surely. Neither are out of contract.

Could be truth in the Reynolds one, but I hope not. He was actually very impressive when he played for us, and I'd rather keep him than Crawford for that position.
If Shels are looking to cut wages, they'd be open to offers. Rumour I heard was that shels were lining up a mega signing and needed to lose about €3,000 off the wage bill. Ndo is on (at least officially) €950 plus €150 in expenses, so its not ridiculous money. He might pick Pats as he'll know what he's dealing with. It might be the safer option for him. Oh and BTW I can't see any of these signing happpening. Don't think there's a chance in hell of the Crowe one, but newstalk last night said Fitzpatrick was on his way to Pats. Most I know thought he was on the way to Drogs...

Great to see Rennie going to pats,he will be linking up with his drinking buddy (frosty) now...
Ye are welcome to them lads.:D
Thanks. best left full in the country and the best c.unto midielder.

Longfordian
21/11/2005, 12:47 AM
If Shels are looking to cut wages, they'd be open to offers. Rumour I heard was that shels were lining up a mega signing and needed to lose about €3,000 off the wage bill. Ndo is on (at least officially) €950 plus €150 in expenses, so its not ridiculous money. He might pick Pats as he'll know what he's dealing with. It might be the safer option for him. Oh and BTW I can't see any of these signing happpening. Don't think there's a chance in hell of the Crowe one, but newstalk last night said Fitzpatrick was on his way to Pats. Most I know thought he was on the way to Drogs...

Thanks. best left full in the country and the best c.unto midielder.

Ndo was being offered around earlier in the season by Shels along with Cawley and a few more. Don't know if they've had a change of heart since though.

daniel
21/11/2005, 9:07 AM
AFAIK Delaney will definitely be gone from Derry, he hasnt found a job here and if ye let one have a job elsewere and not live in Derry then bang all the hard work is out the window...and i've heard over the weekend that its 99.9% Kelly is on his way back.

And lets wait and see what happens with Paddy....something tells me that he will be with Derry next season, and that it will bring the best out of him!!:rolleyes:

EnDai
21/11/2005, 12:01 PM
Ndo was being offered around earlier in the season by Shels along with Cawley and a few more. Don't know if they've had a change of heart since though.

Ifs official, nutsy must be mad!! Ndo has been our best player this season, and I'd put money on him to be the outright best in the league next year if he is allowed to keep his (well deserved!) place in the team. Fantastic vision, some of the passes and runs he picks out are just unbelievable. We'd be stupid to let him go, unless we're bringing in Ronaldinho. ;)

Block G Raptor
21/11/2005, 12:57 PM
Then 2 other as yet un named players.
Any truth in the Ronaldinho, Raul Rumours :D :D

Slash/ED
21/11/2005, 4:49 PM

That makes some sense as he was at the time out of the team for reasons unknown.

As for a mega signing to replace Ndo, it'd have to be someone from abroad. I genuinley can't think of another league player I'd rather have than him, and that's even with a pick of everyone, obviously there's some we could simply never land anyway like O'Callaghan who would be an obvious replacement.

Fitzpatrick isn't Drogs bound I'm told, but is going to another EL club, so Pats is as likely as any. He's a good player and all, but he's not the striker Pats need atm imo.