PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Lally's first term in charge

Aaron GUFC
19/11/2005, 10:10 AM
How do u think Lally has done in his first season in charge? Is there a need for a new manager? Has Lally greatly improved? What do you think? In my opinion at first Lally was not a good choice as he was inexperienced at this level but he got my hopes up after a brilliant pre-season. Then things took a turn for the worse, for the majority of the season we have been around the bottom and middle of the table. We started to lose our support, and even our most loyal supporters were getting fed up of it. We lost to teams that we would usually hammer. But its a bit unfair to blame this all on Lally as i saw a lack of commitment, passion, desire to play, determination from the players. They had no pride in the clubs jersey. Towards the end of the season we improved and Lally got alot of experience under his belt. This season has been a valuable lesson to us all in the backroom staff, the players and the fans. Next season may well be promising we will have to wait and see. I think Lally deserves to stay on but needs to make a bigger contribution next season along with the players. Maybe we will make a few nice signings to improve the pack and if we keep most of the current squad we have we will be doing well.

Tribesman
21/11/2005, 11:04 AM
On the basis of the end of season run and the fact that it was Stephens
first year in the eircom League as a manager he deserves to remain
in charge of United, if we ended the season on a low note then questions
would be asked as supporters tend to look at results and not the long term.

This season was a learning curve and some of our poor results were down to the players more than the manager.

The 2006 season is a big season for Stephen and if he gets the support of the
players and gets the players he wants to bring in then we could be serious challengers.

Rumours are that there are several players identified that the club is looking at to bring in.

We can do our part and back the team and the Board again by getting our season tickets now.

Roll on next season.......

Terry
22/11/2005, 8:11 AM
It says in yesterdays Indo that "Galway Uniteds end of season run has given Stephen Lally a new one year contract at the club."

Aaron GUFC
23/11/2005, 2:52 PM
I wouldnt of sacked him myself but I will be expecting a whole lot more from himself and the team next term especially now since he has got a new contract.