PDA

View Full Version : Hard Luck....

Conor H
18/11/2005, 10:02 PM
....Unlucky lads...good too see yere fans still singing at the end of the game....as it should be.Best of luck next season!

feo123
18/11/2005, 10:50 PM
Unlucky lads!! really wanted ye to do it, dont worry about it, ye have exceeded everyones expectations this season...some tipped ye for the drop but ye have proved any critics wrong! Us and ye in the premier next year...and them sheepsha**ers in the shi**y 1st division! HARD LUCK!!

Conor H
19/11/2005, 7:56 AM
Us and ye in the premier next year...and them sheepsha**ers in the shi**y 1st division!!
Aren't you contradicting yourself there.:confused: :D

Aaron GUFC
19/11/2005, 9:35 AM
yesterday was one of the worst days ever as derry lost the title and keano left utd. Im not a happy camper. hard luck lads i really wanted u to win it and i thought ye deserved it. Derry City F.C for the title next season!!!!

Risteard
19/11/2005, 11:51 AM
Yer fans are fecking amazing.
Told Peter Hutton he's got a great football club.

Hope ye can stay up at the top next year.
Its gonna be the most competitive season ever next season with Shels looking for revenge, Drogs finally emerging and Citys eyes on the Champions League last 16. Hope to be comiserating ye at the Cross again next November.;)
Fair play.

ccfcgirl
19/11/2005, 12:36 PM
Yer fans are fecking amazing.
Told Peter Hutton he's got a great football club.

Hope ye can stay up at the top next year.
Its gonna be the most competitive season ever next season with Shels looking for revenge, Drogs finally emerging and Citys eyes on the Champions League last 16. Hope to be comiserating ye at the Cross again next November.;)
Fair play.I agree on everything you posted fair PLAY .

Speranza
20/11/2005, 1:03 AM
Thanks for the kind words.

On the night we didn't get going at all which led to Cork playing us off the park and deservedly winning the league.

Never been as proud as last night. We stayed an hour and a half after final whistle to congratulate Cork (even in the shed with them!) and thank SK and the team for the fantastic season we have had. Our reaction shocked the players and left them in tears because they thought they let us down :rolleyes: which is quite clearly bull****. We now have a team made up almost entirely of youth and one which fights for the jersey as genuine fans of city! Chatting to the older fans who followed in the I.F.A days and they said they never experianced an atmosphere like it.

We'll be back next year with a ferocious will to win this league. City 'til I die!

sligoman
20/11/2005, 1:19 AM
We'll be back next year with a ferocious will to win this league.Hope ye are. Come on Derry, my second favourite team:).

Rebal Boy
20/11/2005, 7:02 PM
The Derry fans were just fantastic on Friday. Ye took defeat brillentily. Ye kept singing your hearts out for the whole game. I went over to the Derry section after the players had gone in and went singing with them and then we all went into the Shed and joined in with the CCFC drumers. Great laugh. I swaped scarfs with a Derry man too. One of the best nights ever. Ye are welcome down anytime.:)

pete
22/11/2005, 10:17 AM
TBH i didn't even notice the Derry City fans after the final whistle last night as was too busy celebrating. I did think the Derry fans who walked down with their flag to get between the shed & the cup was in poor taste though.

Krstic
22/11/2005, 10:49 AM
TBH i didn't even notice the Derry City fans after the final whistle last night as was too busy celebrating. I did think the Derry fans who walked down with their flag to get between the shed & the cup was in poor taste though.

Why what would you have preferred, an English league style riot:confused:

pete
22/11/2005, 12:25 PM
Why what would you have preferred, an English league style riot:confused:

There were only a handful but i thought seemed to be trying to reign on our parade. The players were bringing the cup towards the shed & seemed deliberate to intersect their progress.

If i was in the same situation in the Brandywell i think i'd have clapped my own team & left.

Krstic
22/11/2005, 12:42 PM
There were only a handful but i thought seemed to be trying to reign on our parade. The players were bringing the cup towards the shed & seemed deliberate to intersect their progress.

If i was in the same situation in the Brandywell i think i'd have clapped my own team & left.

Well Pete, that's we as Derry fans obviously differ.

Although disappointed that we didn't win the league, I am delighted for Cork that they did.

I think had you asked any Derry fan at the start of the season, which team apart from our own would you like to win the league, the majority would have said Cork.

I think Derry fans applauding the best team in the country and showing solidarity with other League of Ireland fans is a good thing.

The fact that you found it 'in bad taste' maybe had something to do with the burger you ate at half-time:D

pete
22/11/2005, 12:45 PM
The fact that you found it 'in bad taste' maybe had something to do with the burger you ate at half-time:D

I know full well not to eat any of those burgers. :D

In fairness we have been building to this for 3-4 years. I have been building to this for 15 years as never felt part of previous league win. You can't begrudge fact i didn't really care where the way fans were on greatest football night of my life.