PDA

View Full Version : Highest earner in the eL

fbtn
18/11/2005, 3:03 PM
Who would be taking home the highest wage in the league? Jason Byrne? Glen Crowe? George O'Callaghan? Garreth Farrelly?

I heard somewhere that Crowe was on €2,500 a week and a Bohs fan told me earlier in the year Farrelly was on close to €4K - taking home a wage as manager and as a player. It is in another thread that O'Callaghan is on around €2,000 a week and you'd guess Byrne must be on big dough.

Simon Webb is supposed to be on crazy dosh at Drogheda as well.

From what I know, our highest earner is on about €600. We've no 52 week contracts either. We were supposed to sign Wesley Charles from Bray at the start of the season but couldn't afford his wages. He was getting €1,200 a week, over 52 weeks a year with Bray which is huge money for the likes of them.

Old Timer
18/11/2005, 3:11 PM
Roddy Collins......

Dodge
18/11/2005, 3:17 PM
If Farrelly is getting 4K he's it. BY a ****ing mile...

Not sure of ours. Would imagine Larsson (him being new and foreign...)

NY Hoop
18/11/2005, 3:52 PM
Chuck Norris:D :D :D

KOH

chippie0001
18/11/2005, 5:07 PM
Farrelly ain't on €4k a week, actually no where near it. He would be Bohs best payed player but from what Crowe said when he left, he is on more anyway than GF.

Dr.Nightdub
18/11/2005, 5:53 PM
Roddy's on €92k a year so in the whole League, he's by far the top earner. As regards players, I'd guess Crowe, though Hawkins wouldn't be too far behind him (€1800 take-home from what I've heard).

Our top earner this season was Barry Prenderville, reputedly on €800 a week, but after tonight he's unemployed.

blue til i die
18/11/2005, 9:21 PM
Kevin Doherty on €1300, fact.

BobtheDrog
18/11/2005, 11:16 PM
i think dan connor is our highest earner but cant confirm

Dodge
19/11/2005, 7:48 AM
Roddy's on €92k a year so in the whole League, he's by far the top earner. As regards players, I'd guess Crowe, though Hawkins wouldn't be too far behind him (€1800 take-home from what I've heard).

Our top earner this season was Barry Prenderville, reputedly on €800 a week, but after tonight he's unemployed.
Dunno 'bout your maths Doc but even by your figures Hawkins annual take home is more than Roddy's wages...

bohs til i die
19/11/2005, 7:58 AM
Roddy's on €92k a year so in the whole League, he's by far the top earner.

Bohs are paying one person about 50% more then that, and another gets about 25% more then that [thats cost to club]

Battery Rover
19/11/2005, 9:00 AM
Dont know the truth in this but Alan O'Connor is alledgedly on €350 a week. He would be our top earner. What a waste of money. I know it is only small compared to other clubs but we have had enough money grabbers over the years and stick within our limits.

Thanks God he is no longer a player with us after tonight.

Troy.McClure
19/11/2005, 11:49 PM
I thought Farreley was on €80,000 a year as a player and another €80,000 as manager. All tax free too! Nice :)

Longfordian
20/11/2005, 2:10 AM
Didn't hear exact figures but when we had the pleasure of visiting Bohs recently, one or two of their people were confirming that Farrelly was getting two wages in effect. He and Kevin Hunt were apparently miles in front of everyone else.

chippie0001
20/11/2005, 4:49 PM
I thought Farreley was on €80,000 a year as a player and another €80,000 as manager. All tax free too! Nice :)

Utter crap, but he is on effect on two wages one as a player and one as a manager. Its not that high though and is taxed, well the tax is taken off him, if its passed on to the revenue thats a different matter. :rolleyes:

Gareth
20/11/2005, 5:06 PM
In a taxi the other week and I didnt say much about myself or my footie interests and the taxi man said "you know that glen crowe for Shelbourne, the irish league side, he's on 8 grand a week, no word of a lie". I couldn't but laugh at the fact he really believed it too.

Roverstillidie
20/11/2005, 8:00 PM
In a taxi the other week and I didnt say much about myself or my footie interests and the taxi man said "you know that glen crowe for Shelbourne, the irish league side, he's on 8 grand a week, no word of a lie". I couldn't but laugh at the fact he really believed it too.

well if a Rovers fan said it it must be true!!! :D
8k in coins must be a pain in the hole to deal with.....

i heard 2,800 a week for crowe and similar for bignose.

hunt got a nice wedge to extend his contract when bohs had money, but shels are the top payers at the moment.

cork dont pay as much as you would imagine with their monopoly position down there.

gustavo
20/11/2005, 9:41 PM
not sure about what any of our players earn but Don O'Riordan was on €1,000 a week when he was manager.

Gareth
20/11/2005, 9:46 PM
8k in coins must be a pain in the hole to deal with.....

:D :D

well if a Rovers fan said it it must be true!!!

All taxi drivers who don't go to games seem to pretend to be rovers supporters. Albeit the last taxi driver I got was not a Rovers fan but his bro plays for Rovers.... :)

Red4Eva
21/11/2005, 12:03 AM
not sure about what any of our players earn but Don O'Riordan was on €1,000 a week when he was manager.

pretty certain Don was actually on £1000 with plenty of flights as well. heard mcnamara is on €500 a week. i'd say burns is our highest earner&worth every cent

The Stars
21/11/2005, 9:51 AM
id say paul brown is on big money and i think he's getting a wage increase as we got up.

The Sheliban
21/11/2005, 11:31 AM
Surprisingly, Ollie doesn't tell us how much the players are earning.
Crowe said he actually took a wage cut to come to Shels (which kind of makes a mockery of the Judas chants) but I have no corroborative proof.

Troy.McClure
21/11/2005, 2:55 PM
Surprisingly, Ollie doesn't tell us how much the players are earning.
Crowe said he actually took a wage cut to come to Shels (which kind of makes a mockery of the Judas chants) but I have no corroborative proof.

Crowe said that Bohs matched his pay at Shels (Judas!)

And profesional athletes in Ireland do not get taxed (or at least they get all their tax refunded later on).

Roo69
21/11/2005, 3:20 PM
From what I know, our highest earner is on about €600. We've no 52 week contracts either. We were supposed to sign Wesley Charles from Bray at the start of the season but couldn't afford his wages. He was getting €1,200 a week, over 52 weeks a year with Bray which is huge money for the likes of them.

Don't know were you got that info from but firstly Weso was never on the books for a move to Finn Harps and secondly he earns no were near that amount of money, plus we don't do 52 week contracts........

Get new sources :D

ccfcgirl
21/11/2005, 3:39 PM
Stephan O Flynn (Derry City) Is on £800 a week

headtheball
21/11/2005, 4:19 PM
Stephan O Flynn (Derry City) Is on £800 a week

Absolute rubbish.No player on our books is earning that money,as we have a strict wage structure for all.I do not know where you heard that but it's rubbish.

Vitruvian Man
21/11/2005, 4:33 PM
I heard from a cast iron reliable source that Crowe wanted €1'680 into the hand to stay at Bohs and Bohs agreed to pay it. He claimed that Shels had matched that offer but were more likely to win the league so that is why he was leaving.

1680 into the hand would have cost Bohs 2500 a week but only costs Shelbourne 1680 per week.

Hawkins claimed to have taked a pay cut to leave Bohs and Nutsy twisted that to mean they all did.

Farrelly is on two wages that is a FACT but the combined figure is way lower than any guess so far (4 grand LOL). it is significantly more than Roddy though. There are players at other clubs paid more than him, I am sure of that.

The player I repeatedly hear is the highest paid is Alan Moore who supposedly gets half his wages from Shels and half from a sponsor - the figure of 4 grand is often mentioned too.

ccfcgirl
21/11/2005, 4:42 PM
Absolute rubbish.No player on our books is earning that money,as we have a strict wage structure for all.I do not know where you heard that but it's rubbish.::confused: Fair enough .

Vitruvian Man
21/11/2005, 5:10 PM
Absolute rubbish.No player on our books is earning that money,as we have a strict wage structure for all.I do not know where you heard that but it's rubbish.

The words "Strict Wage Structure" and "Stephen Kenny" have never appeared in the same sentence before and I doubt they ever will. If Derry aren't paying big bucks now they will be shortly.

fbtn
21/11/2005, 6:50 PM
Don't know were you got that info from but firstly Weso was never on the books for a move to Finn Harps and secondly he earns no were near that amount of money, plus we don't do 52 week contracts........

Get new sources :D

Yes he was. I know for a fact that Healy was on the verge of signing him but the board wouldn't break our wage structure. It was one of the things that Healy went public about when he was sacked. The reason that Bray were letting him go (even though he was still under contract) was because of his drain on your wage-bill.

Maybe the 52-week contract was rubbish but that was what he was looking for off us.

harpskid
21/11/2005, 7:12 PM
Maybe the 52-week contract was rubbish but that was what he was looking for off us.

Yep, spot on fbtn.

Wesley was almost signed for us at the start of the season

pete
22/11/2005, 10:52 AM
Some insane figures being quotes here & you wonder why clubs in financial difficulties.

:rolleyes:

fbtn
22/11/2005, 1:32 PM
I heard from a cast iron reliable source that Crowe wanted €1'680 into the hand to stay at Bohs and Bohs agreed to pay it. He claimed that Shels had matched that offer but were more likely to win the league so that is why he was leaving.

1680 into the hand would have cost Bohs 2500 a week but only costs Shelbourne 1680 per week.

Hawkins claimed to have taked a pay cut to leave Bohs and Nutsy twisted that to mean they all did.

Farrelly is on two wages that is a FACT but the combined figure is way lower than any guess so far (4 grand LOL). it is significantly more than Roddy though. There are players at other clubs paid more than him, I am sure of that.

The player I repeatedly hear is the highest paid is Alan Moore who supposedly gets half his wages from Shels and half from a sponsor - the figure of 4 grand is often mentioned too.

Out of curiosity, how can €1,680 cost you so much compared to Shels?

The 4K figure for Farrelly came from a few Bohs fans that were in the Junction before our game with them near the start of the season. We were wondering if it was ****** as that is half of our entire wage bill.

ThatGuy
22/11/2005, 1:33 PM

The 4K figure for Farrelly came from a few Bohs fans that were in the Junction before our game with them near the start of the season. We were wondering if it was ****** as that is half of our entire wage bill.
The 4000 rumour was doing the rounds earlier in the year, by all accounts it is an EL myth and he is not earning anything near that.

Dodge
22/11/2005, 1:37 PM
Some insane figures being quotes here & you wonder why clubs in financial difficulties.

:rolleyes:
especially when you consider most fans VASTLY overestimate gate receipts.

Pats playing budget last year was under 10K per week.

ColinR
22/11/2005, 1:55 PM

both are net wages, but (allegedly ;) ) certain clubs dont pay the tax/prsi on top of the net wages to arrive at the gross wages of circa €2.5k

lofty9
22/11/2005, 2:44 PM
I heard that Alan Murphy is on big money in Derry is that true?

There was rumour when Delaney and Murphy signed they were getting the equivelant of €1000 per week in sterling. Really don't know if that is the case as I'm only a season ticket holder at Derry City but I'm sure some of the priveledged ones could tell you. But if this is the case I can see both leaving very soon as that is a lot of money to be paying someone, especially Murphs, to be sitting on the bench.

fbtn
22/11/2005, 3:40 PM
There was rumour when Delaney and Murphy signed they were getting the equivelant of €1000 per week in sterling. Really don't know if that is the case as I'm only a season ticket holder at Derry City but I'm sure some of the priveledged ones could tell you. But if this is the case I can see both leaving very soon as that is a lot of money to be paying someone, especially Murphs, to be sitting on the bench.

McQ was offered £600 and Minnock £500 the last time Derry tried to sign them - same time Murphy signed so Derry were certainly paying out big wages then, think it was when Dykes was in charge. It was another Harps player that told me at the time.

Couldn't see Derry having a massive wage bill now - it would be substantially lower than Shels, Cork and Drogheda. At the same time, the likes of Cash, Martyn and most certainly McCourt would all be on good dough.

Speranza
22/11/2005, 4:17 PM
What has McQ been offered this time FBTN? ;)