PDA

View Full Version : Alan McNally off to Cork

ihatejam
18/11/2005, 10:12 AM
say it aint so lads....from what i hear cork have made an approach for him and he has verbally agreed to sign....anyone else hear this?any of you cork heads know about this?

razor
18/11/2005, 10:49 AM
Who is Alan McNally? is he any good ?

Risteard
18/11/2005, 10:57 AM
+ what position is he?

ihatejam
18/11/2005, 11:20 AM
alan mcnally is a 22yr old centre half who has been probaly the most consistent player i have seen at ucd,a big strong centre half who has a great positional sense and excellent feet,would be an asset to any eircom league team..has been out the last number of weeks with a hamstring injury though,can see why cork would be in for him if it is true..

Poor Student
18/11/2005, 12:07 PM
Source? To be honest I think this would be a very astute signing by Cork. I'd be sick to see him go though.

pineapple stu
18/11/2005, 12:20 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. For now, I'm putting it with the other ihatejam rumours such as the U-21s final being changed last year and us playing 9 U-21s v Limerick towards the end of last season.

Schumi
18/11/2005, 1:33 PM
McNally would be a big loss. I didn't realise he's only 22, seems to have been around for ages. Does that mean we get money for him?

us playing 9 U-21s v Limerick towards the end of last season.How many of that team were under 21 as a matter of interest?

nickeyoc
18/11/2005, 1:53 PM
He's actually 23

pineapple stu
18/11/2005, 2:04 PM
Is it up to 23 or under 23 that you get paid for a player?

ihatejam
18/11/2005, 2:13 PM
McNally would be a big loss

who you telling...

and in response to his age..my apologies nickeyoc,your right he is 23. so if he were to go to cork we would not be entitled to compensation.jesus just look at how many goals we have conceded without him?atleast we tought ok...he'll be back soon,we can concentrate on next season, but were in trouble now if this is true..:confused:

John83
18/11/2005, 3:33 PM
McNally would be a big loss.
:( He really would.

Dodge
18/11/2005, 3:38 PM
+ what position is he?

Good to see Cork fans showing their usual superb level of knowledge about the league... "who's this Doyle fellah?" :rolleyes: :p

Cracking player IMO

CollegeTillIDie
18/11/2005, 4:35 PM
:( He really would.

Defensively we are porous without Mc Nally. If this is true, do you think I am a pessimist or a realist?

pineapple stu
19/11/2005, 3:35 AM
Well, according to...

(1) his brother, he has a verbal agreement with Cork.
(2) Maccer, he might go, but hopefully not and
(3) Allie Mac - "Are you off so?" "Yes, I'm off home"

Make of that what you will. He still warrants a transfer fee though, which would be in the region of 40-50 grand as he's been with us so long.

Risteard
19/11/2005, 11:31 AM
Good to see Cork fans showing their usual superb level of knowledge about the league... "who's this Doyle fellah?" :rolleyes: :p

God sorry about that Dodge.
Was just trying to get someone to share a bit of information with me.
If only my posts were as purposeful as yours above.
Sorry.
I'll keep me mouth shut if i want to find something out in future.

Sounds like he'd be a good addition.
Though we've Derek already to fight with Murray and Bennett.

ihatejam
20/11/2005, 12:43 PM
Sounds like he'd be a good addition.
Though we've Derek already to fight with Murray and Bennett.

lets just say he is a bit more agile than your 3 centre halves and for such a big fella he has great feet(unlike your 3 centre halves):)

nickeyoc
21/11/2005, 7:22 AM
Honestly, I dont think McNally will go to Cork. I think he'll wait and see do any of the bigger Dublin teams approach him 1st and if they do theres not a hope he'll go to Cork.

pete
22/11/2005, 10:19 AM
All those UCD players look the same to me.

Be surprised if we were in the market for another centre half.

Poor Student
01/12/2005, 5:59 PM
Any follow up on this so far? I happened to be looking for some match reports from last season when I saw a post by ihatejam with a rumour that UCD were going to turn professional last (or this depending on your point of view) season.:rolleyes:

ihatejam
01/12/2005, 6:10 PM
well i havent heard anything new.one thing i can say is i dont think he will go to longford..why would he leave us for longford?i think he will only leave for a big dublin club or cork

Poor Student
01/12/2005, 6:11 PM
well i havent heard anything new.one thing i can say is i dont think he will go to longford..why would he leave us for longford?i think he will only leave for a big dublin club or cork

Spill the beans on your sources jam. Your credability is terribly low as it stands.