PDA

View Full Version : Predictions v Kilkenny

redrov2005
18/11/2005, 9:52 AM
Well we've being doing it all season so why stop now ?!

I'm going for 1-1. I think Sean will pick a strong Rovers team as he won't want them to lose at the end of a great season . McT to give us the lead,but Kilkenny to score late as Rovers get tired.

gustavo
18/11/2005, 10:16 AM
yeah i agree, i think he will play players he knows wont be around next season

nephin
18/11/2005, 10:50 AM
Would agree with 1-1. I hope he does pick a strong side.

The Stars
18/11/2005, 12:00 PM
im going for 3-2.nothing to play for so the passing game might develop and goals will come.

Rory H
18/11/2005, 12:02 PM
2-2

flannery to get both

scully to look good

sligoman
18/11/2005, 2:54 PM
Yet another draw I'd say:o. 1-1 with McT getting the goal

finlma
18/11/2005, 3:07 PM
I predict a nice end of season draw with both teams ending up happy with their seasons work. And I predict pints in the Sceilp Inn afterwards.

I can't make it home for it unfortunately - don't like missing the end of season game.

If ye stay in Kilkenny have a good time lads.

feo123
18/11/2005, 11:01 PM
1-0 to the bit o'red! Mickey Mac to net the winner.

Mayo Red
19/11/2005, 8:15 AM
Ya, I reckon it'll be 1-1 aswell with McTiernan scoring, and Scully getting a header for Kilkenny late on! Ah sure he couldn't do it to us, could he, he loves us!;)

Redtop
19/11/2005, 8:56 AM
im goin to go 1-0 rovers and FAZ:rolleyes: to score:D

sligoman
19/11/2005, 5:49 PM
Preview. (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/previews/preview.asp?pid=414)

sligoman
19/11/2005, 7:06 PM
Rouse(GK),

Rossiter(LB),
Cretaro(RB),
Burns(CB),
McNamara(CB).

McCartney(LM),
Kuduzovic(RM),
Feeney(CM),
Foley(CM)

Brown(CF),
McTiernan(CF)

Jim Sheridan is on the bench. First time this season.

sligoman
19/11/2005, 7:12 PM
1-0 to us now. Liam Burns in the 23rd minute,:).

sligoman
19/11/2005, 7:33 PM
1-1 now, half time:(.

Redtop
19/11/2005, 8:36 PM
2-1 kilkenny

sligoman
19/11/2005, 8:37 PM
2-1 kilkennyYep, looks like we're ending the season with a defeat:(.

sligoman
19/11/2005, 8:42 PM
Gareth Gorman nearly scored twice tonight:eek:.

:D.

sligoman
23/11/2005, 12:57 AM
Alvin Rouse: Could do nothing to prevent either goals but got away with some early hesitancy thanks to his defence. Solid once he settled into the game.
Rafael Cretaro: Didn’t make as much of an impact from full-back as he has done in recent games but provided a threat when switched to left midfield.
Ian Rossiter: Asked to play out of position and coped well, although Jamie Duffy was always threatening. Delivery was good before he picked up an injury.
Michael McNamara: One early error aside, it was another solid performance from the captain, although he looked a little uncomfortable in the centre of the park when he was asked to cover.
Liam Burns: A faultless display defensively was complimented by a very well-taken goal. An integral part of Rovers’ success this season.
Steve Feeney: Deserved a full game and didn’t disappoint. Showed some nice touches and got forward regularly. Switched up front towards the end and looked dangerous.
Ciaran Foley: Apart from one or two wayward passes he had a good first-half but a yellow-card early in the second forced him to hold back a little. A wonderful chip pass almost created a goal.
Fahrudin Kudozovic: An improved performance from the Bosnian, who showed some nice touches and had a number of shots. Faded as the match progressed.
Paul Brown: Constantly looked frustrated and badly wanted a goal but never got the clear chance he was hoping for. His all-round contribution was good.
Paul McTiernan: Looked dangerous in the early stages but picked up an injury and was unable to shake it off, forcing his withdrawal at the start of the second-half.
Jason McCartney: Very lively in the first-half and he competed well and got some good deliveries. A little unlucky to be withdrawn after an hour.
Philip Gallagher (for Rossiter): Looked a little rusty initially and some of his delivery was wayward but settled in well defensively.
Jim Sheridan (for McTiernan): Got a rare run out and did fine alongside Burns at centre-back for the majority of the second-half.
Gareth Gorman (for McCartney): Got involved straight away when introduced and took charge of the corners and free-kicks. Caught a little flat-footed, like the rest of the defence, for the winning goal.

Above is from the Sligo Weekender.