PDA

View Full Version : Little Britain last night

the 12 th man
18/11/2005, 8:45 AM
Made me laugh anyhow.
Especially the ould dear emptying her tank in the supermarket while talking as if nothing was wrong.:)

finlma
18/11/2005, 9:20 AM
I usually only find a few of the sketches funny on Little Britain - the characters get repetitive after a while.
I watched Only Fools and Horses on UK Gold instead - much funnier in my opinion.

the 12 th man
18/11/2005, 9:32 AM
I usually only find a few of the sketches funny on Little Britain - the characters get repetitive after a while.

Twas my first time to see it so we'll have to see.:)

drinkfeckarse
18/11/2005, 10:03 AM
I watched Only Fools and Horses on UK Gold instead - much funnier in my opinion.

Ironic that you talk about repetitive when you're watching Only Fools and Horses though:D

Neish
18/11/2005, 4:30 PM
It wasn't bad but I think some of the sketches are getting old and repetitive, still not a bad way to waste half an hour

dahamsta
18/11/2005, 5:08 PM
Best Little Britain sketch was in the C4 Top 100, the one where Lou takes Andy to the swimming baths, and while Lou's explaining to the attendant how they're going to get Andy into and out of the water, Andy's rocketed out of the wheelchair, launched himself into the pool from the top diving board, and rocketed back to the wheelchair just as Lou and yerman turn around. I was in knots the first time I saw that.

Seeing Matt Lucas dressed up in the latex gear comes a close second though. Fair dues to him for having the balls to do it.

adam

dutch
18/11/2005, 5:55 PM
plenty of laughs to be had,thought the asian bride was good and the two scrappin in the health resort.that thing that was on after was a disgrace its like theyre makin a whole series based on that di nero film ,meet the whatsits.

jofyisgod
18/11/2005, 7:01 PM

:eek: It's pretty bad at the best of times. You can see the jokes a mile off, like huge train of poor comic inevitability. Each to their own i guess.

Green Tribe
18/11/2005, 11:10 PM
I love Little Britain, missed it cos i was working :mad: , might try to get some of the shows on dvd...

Drumcondra Red
19/11/2005, 10:53 AM
Its no killinaskully though!!!

noby
21/11/2005, 7:43 AM
I really hope it picks up, as I loved the first series. I just fear that the old characters will start to get a bit repetitive, and the new ones don't offer much. Dressing up as a woman doesn't necessarily make the character funnier.

adam, agreed re. the Lou'n'Andy sketch.
And Only Fools And Horses is funny.

A face
22/11/2005, 1:05 AM
Does anyone think that Little Britain is the same gags over and over ??
It was funny the first few times, just the overkill is just too much now. They need new material.

finlma
22/11/2005, 8:04 AM
Does anyone think that Little Britain is the same gags over and over ??
It was funny the first few times, just the overkill is just too much now. They need new material.

That's exactly what I think.

Some of the sketches aren't funny either. The "I'm a lady" one and Sebastian - not funny.
But some are very funny.

Ash
22/11/2005, 12:30 PM
A couple of funny sketches but overall I think its a crock of sh!te.