PDA

View Full Version : Billy Woods has signed for Cork City - 3 year deal

Neil
04/05/2002, 10:19 AM
It's in one of the tabloids today that Liam Buckley is trying to convince Billy Woods to stay at Rovers. But Billy has just bought a gaff in Midleton and it say he is "more than likely going to Cork City on a free transfer" soon.

Nice one.

joe
04/05/2002, 1:51 PM
Apparently today's Sun reports that Gareth Cronin has been placed on the transfer list - what odds on Cronin and Woods raiding down the left wing for City in the near future?

James
04/05/2002, 4:16 PM
Originally posted by joe
..what odds on Cronin and Woods raiding down the left wing for City in the near future?

:D :D :D

basketcase
04/05/2002, 10:40 PM
all together now............OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!WHEN GAZ AND WOODSY SAW THE LIGHTS OF THE CROSS!!!!!!!!!

Éanna
05/05/2002, 1:53 PM
Originally posted by basketcase
all together now............OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!WHEN GAZ AND WOODSY SAW THE LIGHTS OF THE CROSS!!!!!!!!!
Oh glory be......... :D

Colm
05/05/2002, 5:35 PM
That really would be something, Cronin and Woods on the left, move Hoggy to right back and Carey to right wing.
Sounds good doesnt it!:D :D :D

Troy.McClure
06/05/2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by COLM
Carey to right wing.
Sounds good doesnt it!:D :D :D
No.

Anyway, Gaz left Cork for a job with some firm, not because of football reasons, so he would be more likely to join a Pale team, although it would be nice to see him back with the reds again.

Éanna
06/05/2002, 11:55 AM
I wouldn't bet against Gaz coming back soon, it's not the first rumour about him coming home.

IMO, if he comes back, we should keep hoggy and carey as full-backs and play Gaz in the centre.

Neil
06/05/2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure

Gaz left Cork for a job

Hoggy is going to be commuting from Dublin soon too. Said in D'Echo that he's doing a course in Dublin.

Éanna
06/05/2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Hoggy is going to be commuting from Dublin soon too. Said in D'Echo that he's doing a course in Dublin.
I'm not gonna question the guys commitment to city for a minute, but I think this commuting lark is a joke. There's no way a player can perform to the same standard as if they're living in Cork.

Troy.McClure
06/05/2002, 3:05 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

I'm not gonna question the guys commitment to city for a minute, but I think this commuting lark is a joke. There's no way a player can perform to the same standard as if they're living in Cork.
Well Gaz will be living in Dublin, so its 6 of 1 and 1/2 a dozen of the other.:cool:

pete
08/05/2002, 11:09 AM

Well Gaz will be living in Dublin, so its 6 of 1 and 1/2 a dozen of the other.:cool:

Commuting every week especially for friday night games will surely be a strain on Hoggy (even if a student) but he seems committed to the city cause so might be ok.

Would think Gaz commuting while holding down a job be very hard.

James
09/05/2002, 12:14 PM
GRRRREAAAAT News,
Billy Woods has signed for Cork City from Shamrock Rovers.

details to be announced later in the day.
:D

James
09/05/2002, 4:46 PM
Singing B. I. Billy, Billy Woods
Singing B. I. Billy
B. I. Billy

YES :D :D

James
09/05/2002, 4:48 PM
Loooowwwww lie the fields of bishopstown
where once we saw the cork city play
Billy Woods :) was on the wing
we had dreams and songs to sing
its so lonely round the fields of bishopstown

:)

Troy.McClure
09/05/2002, 5:10 PM
OOOOOooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Billy Billy,
You play for Cork City, now we'll win the league,
OOOOOooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Billy Billy,
You play for Cork City, now we'll win the league,

Whooooooo-hoooo, the best news Ive heard in ages :D :D :D

Troy.McClure
09/05/2002, 5:25 PM
Originally posted by pete
Would think Gaz commuting while holding down a job be very hard.

Well thats the reason he left in the first place. If he wanted to play in the premier division, and none of the Dublin teams got him, Bray or Droghada, even Longford, would be a far easier option than City. He's not comming back soon, face it. :(

niamh
09/05/2002, 10:01 PM

Commuting every week especially for friday night games will surely be a strain on Hoggy (even if a student) but he seems committed to the city cause so might be ok.

Is always easier said than done. What if the guy has class on a Friday then he can't be going missing every second Friday can he? Depending on the course he doing of course! :D

razor
10/05/2002, 7:27 AM
I though all students nowadays had Fridays off !!!!!!!!!!

James
10/05/2002, 12:16 PM
billy woods has signed a 3 year deal with cork city

:D

Outstadning news, about time we signed a player on more then a 1 or 2 year deal, this a great forward step by the club.

Woods agrees Cork deal (http://www.setanta.com/soccer/story.jsp?story=WCContent;id-41467)

clarke
10/05/2002, 12:39 PM
So does this make up for the loss of Ollie?
Personally I believe that Billy will be more consistent.

Clarke

Troy.McClure
10/05/2002, 1:02 PM
Ya, I think that Billy will be better than Ollie. Obviously I would prefer both, but if it was one or the other, Id pick Billy. He is a bit more clinical than Ollie infront of goal aswell which is good. Suddenly our squad (If every one re-signs) doesnt look too bad, although we still need another striker.

Oh happy days (or nights with the floodlights):) :) :)

dalo
10/05/2002, 1:09 PM
ah that's great news. I ma chuffed and fair play to brian lennox in leading the way in signing him. this makes up for losing ollie 9although i would have liked both) and hopefully this lad andrews could be good at the back. we still need a striker though:D

Troy.McClure
10/05/2002, 1:21 PM
Originally posted by razor
I though all students nowadays had Fridays off !!!!!!!!!!
Im in till 6 on Fridays :mad: :mad: :mad:

Troy.McClure
10/05/2002, 1:23 PM
Originally posted by dalo
I ma chuffed

Nice Italian accent there dalo, keep up those classes :D

pete
10/05/2002, 1:27 PM

Im in till 6 on Fridays

You either doing the wrong course or going to wrong college then. ;)

pete
10/05/2002, 1:30 PM
Suddenly our squad (If every one re-signs) doesnt look too bad, although we still need another striker.

.........and a Manager too.

IMO Ollie is better as when he on fire he unstopable. Billy probably a more consistent crosser of the ball though. They are really two different types of players.

dalo
10/05/2002, 1:31 PM
thanks a thousand misteeer. my a englisssh gets more bigger every daytime.:D

Troy.McClure
10/05/2002, 1:35 PM

.........and a Manager too.

IMO Ollie is better as when he on fire he unstopable. Billy probably a more consistent crosser of the ball though. They are really two different types of players.

I knew that would be said :D :rolleyes:

Fair enough about Ollie being unstopable when he is on fire, but that only happened in about 7 games lasy year! For the ohter games he was just making up the numbers. Also, the reason Billy is a better crosser of the ball than Ollie is because Ollie NEVER crosses the ball, its always passed in. Hopefully Billy will bring a new dimension to the squad.

Jim Smith
10/05/2002, 1:50 PM
...as James pointed out is the three year deal. Here's hoping that it will become a habit.

James
10/05/2002, 1:59 PM
*cough* wrong college *cough*

UCD baahh.. i mean why be a Comm scumbag in UCD when you can be a Comm scumbag in UCC..:)

James
10/05/2002, 2:03 PM
as Jim pointed out icing on cakes rocks :)

Yes we got Billy Woods Home at last :)

Colm
10/05/2002, 2:58 PM
He was outstanding with rovers last season, he won a player of the month award and IMO was rovers best player last season. He should be a huge asset to the city team.:D :D :D

WELCOME HOME BILLY

Troy.McClure
10/05/2002, 3:50 PM
Because Comm in UCD is 3 years for a hons degree, unlike 4 in the U C of C. Anyway, I dont do Comm, Im a science geek! :o ;) :cool:

Troy.McClure
10/05/2002, 3:53 PM
Originally posted by COLM
He was outstanding with rovers last season, he won a player of the month award and IMO was rovers best player last season. He should be a huge asset to the city team.

WELCOME HOME BILLY
He's in the final squad for the tourniment in In-ger-land aswell, unlike Judas boy:D

fonzi
10/05/2002, 4:38 PM
nice one city!
we really are building a good team for the new season!

i wonder though about the frontline though still.
any news on that front?

Seanie
10/05/2002, 5:46 PM
Ah Yes - a bit of pride has been restored in my City scarf hanging here in my Boston office. I've jeered this man for years but are more than willing to readopt him as our hero. Actually shows you what a mark of respect that jeering a former player is.

OH BILLY BILLY

Troy.McClure
10/05/2002, 5:56 PM
Originally posted by Seanie
I've jeered this man for years but are more than willing to readopt him as our hero

OH BILLY BILLY

As long as we dont become fickle!:o ;)

Oh Ollie Ollie,
You went to play for Shelbourne....

Colm
11/05/2002, 1:13 PM
OH Billy Billy
Billy, Billy, Billy, Billy, Billy Woods

:D :D

joe
12/05/2002, 11:20 AM
Woodsie is set to make an appearance on Red Fm/Trevor Welch's Big Red Bench between 6 and 7 this evening

Neil
12/05/2002, 12:40 PM
Trevor Welch's Big Red Bench
sport@redfm.ie
bigredbench@redfm.ie