A fire caused damage at the stadium
last week and forced the closure of the
terrace for last Saturday's
international rugby clash between
Ireland and New Zealand.

Supporters with cup final tickets for
the North Terrace will now be
accommodated on the East Terrace.

Have tickets for the north terrace myself, east terrace will probably be even better now as there will be more people there.

monkey magic
17/11/2005, 7:58 PM
stil cant see it affecting availability of tickets tbh, what does that leave the reduced capacity at?? 30k?

iceman
17/11/2005, 8:01 PM
East Terrace now an ideal spot for those who wanted a Standing/Singing section. Hope the FAI have the sense to split it 50/50 between both clubs.

A face
17/11/2005, 8:56 PM
East Terrace now an ideal spot for those who wanted a Standing/Singing section. Hope the FAI have the sense to split it 50/50 between both clubs.

What do you mean ..... the north terrace is our section !?!?!! :eek: :(

Why should ye want half ??

iceman
17/11/2005, 9:41 PM
What do you mean ..... the north terrace is our section !?!?!! :eek: :(

Why should ye want half ??

Coz the East Terrace was seen all along as being the best place to display flags , colours , singing etc. and to get a good atmosphere going. Unfair to give City the entire terrace and expect the singing Drogs to go to the South terrace which holds 9000. Even 2000 Drogs up there would not be heard. Thats why many City fans opted for the Stand instead of the North Terrace and were given Sections S and T to stand up and sing , now ye are given the East terrace which is the entire lenght if the ground as well. Do you think its fair?

A face
17/11/2005, 9:58 PM
Do you think its fair?

You maybe have a point there ..... but can you see them changing it ??
I doubt it ..... The east is where its at alright though !!

iceman
17/11/2005, 10:05 PM
Agree - cant see the FAI changing it now. Personally I think both end terraces should be closed and only flags and colours allowed there , the view is not great and supporters will not be heard.

EnDai
17/11/2005, 10:21 PM
The east is where its at alright though !!

:eek: :eek:

Student Mullet
17/11/2005, 11:08 PM
With a bit of good weather on the day the game could get close enough to a sell out. Even with 20,000 odd the place will look full which will make a big change from the usual half empty ground.

geg124
18/11/2005, 9:32 AM
With the terrace been closed for so lonfg now i think there is no point in re-building it if it will be knocked down in a while. Just knocked the whole stadium down after the final and start to build the new stadium earlier than expected

NY Hoop
18/11/2005, 11:15 AM
What the FAI should agree to is covering up the terrace with flags cos an empty terrace for whatever reason always looks bad on the box.

KOH

Slash/ED
18/11/2005, 11:33 AM

The terraces in Lansdowne are by far the worst places for anyone to be who wants to create an atmosphere.

iceman
18/11/2005, 7:34 PM
The terraces in Lansdowne are by far the worst places for anyone to be who wants to create an atmosphere.

Agreed but of the three teraces the East is by far the better.

blutil
18/11/2005, 11:20 PM
What the FAI should agree to is covering up the terrace with flags cos an empty terrace for whatever reason always looks bad on the box.

KOH

good call

ger121
19/11/2005, 12:05 AM
Is the east stand upper neutral? Also where else is neutral. No offence lads but I don't want to be stuck in amongst you fanatics and I'm sure you don't want me there either:D

A face
19/11/2005, 3:35 PM
I can see the demand for tickets for this going through the roof now !!