PDA

View Full Version : Ignore list

Schumi
17/11/2005, 5:26 PM
Would it be possible to have 'add X to your ignore list' on the menu that drops down when you click on someone's name rather than 'add X to your buddy list'? I find that I add people to my ignore list MUCH more frequently than my buddy list (what does that even do anyway?) and it would be handier to not have to do three or four clicks to do that.

sligoman
17/11/2005, 5:39 PM
Also, why is it not possible to add a mod to your ignore list? Can mods not be annoying too that you cant ignore them?:confused::o

dahamsta
17/11/2005, 6:07 PM
Schumi, your wish is my command.

sligoman, have you actually tried? I can add you to my Ignore list. :)

adam

sligoman
17/11/2005, 6:08 PM
sligoman, have you actually tried? I can add you to my Ignore list. :)Well dont cos then you cant read this:D. Yes, I have tried and it says you cant add "Mr X." to your ignore list because he/she is a moderator;).

Schumi
17/11/2005, 6:14 PM
Schumi, your wish is my command.
Thanks. Now my only problem is that sligoman is a mod. :D ;)

sligoman
17/11/2005, 6:15 PM
Thanks. Now my only problem is that sligoman is a mod. :DOh Darn!:rolleyes: :D.

dahamsta
17/11/2005, 6:42 PM
Well dont cos then you cant read this:D. Yes, I have tried and it says you cant add "Mr X." to your ignore list because he/she is a moderator;).I think I can change that, but I'd prefer not to tbh. Otherwise mods would't be able to PM warnings to people.

sligoman
17/11/2005, 6:44 PM
I think I can change that, but I'd prefer not to tbh. Otherwise mods would't be able to PM warnings to people.Ok, fair enough. I suppose I can deal with having to read his posts so:rolleyes:.

:D.

Schumi
17/11/2005, 6:44 PM
Can you allow mods to put other mods on their ignore lists? :cool:

dahamsta
17/11/2005, 7:19 PM
I don't have the brains to look into this right now, bump this tomorrow and I'll take a look.

John83
17/11/2005, 8:42 PM
Can you allow mods to put other mods on their ignore lists? :cool:
:) I can't imagine anyone but you Ciaran asking that question.

Green Tribe
18/11/2005, 1:35 AM
Ok, fair enough. I suppose I can deal with having to read his posts so:rolleyes:.

:D.

Oh, phew! It's not me then....;)

jofyisgod
18/11/2005, 7:31 PM
Thanks. Now my only problem is that sligoman is a mod. :D ;)

Congrats sligoman. Didn't realise...don't get all power crazed on us now:D

sligoman
19/11/2005, 2:12 AM
Congrats sligoman. Didn't realise...don't get all power crazed on us now:DDont worry, I've been a mod for a couple of months now, my feet are still firmly on the ground:D. It's that Green Tribe wan that you'll have to keep an eye on:p.

dfx-
19/11/2005, 2:15 AM
It's that Green Tribe wan that you'll have to keep an eye on:p.

Seconded...;) :p

Green Tribe
19/11/2005, 2:20 AM
Dont worry, I've been a mod for a couple of months now, my feet are still firmly on the ground:D. It's that Green Tribe wan that you'll have to keep an eye on:p.

ohhhh matron! :D

Green Tribe
19/11/2005, 2:21 AM
Congrats sligoman. Didn't realise...don't get all power crazed on us now:D

too late, his head hardly fits through the moderator gate these days :rolleyes: :D

sligoman
19/11/2005, 2:26 AM
too late, his head hardly fits through the moderator gate these days :rolleyes:There's a gate now? I usually have to use the back door:o.

Anyway back on topic, Dahamsta, any luck on mods blocking mods?:confused:

dahamsta
19/11/2005, 4:03 AM
No. TBH I find the idea rather petty anyway, so I'm not going out of my way to look for a solution. Grow up.

And the rest of ye: This is a support forum, not a chat room. If ye want to trade idiotic little comments, do it via PM. Stop the postcount wh0ring or I'll reset your counters.

adam

sligoman
19/11/2005, 5:32 PM
No. TBH I find the idea rather petty anyway, so I'm not going out of my way to look for a solution. Grow up.Whatever, but it's not petty in my opinion. It's just the same as adding someone else to your ignore list so unless you regard that as being petty too?

Kingdom
16/02/2006, 4:05 PM
On the topic of ignore lists, anyway of finding out if you are on other users ignore lists?

dahamsta
16/02/2006, 5:37 PM
Nope.

hamish
16/02/2006, 6:54 PM
What are the benefits of a buddy list???
I mean, how does it work.
I know, I know, it's another stupid question of mine but does it mean you can get your buddy's posts quicker or what??

:confused: :confused: :o

Rory H
17/02/2006, 10:54 AM
What are the benefits of a buddy list???
I mean, how does it work.
I know, I know, it's another stupid question of mine but does it mean you can get your buddy's posts quicker or what??

:confused: :o

good question;)

dahamsta
17/02/2006, 2:16 PM
I'm pretty sure you used to be able to use it to "quick address" your PM's, however the address field uses AJAX suggest magick now to find them for you, so I'm not sure if there's really a point any more.

adam

hamish
17/02/2006, 2:19 PM
I'm pretty sure you used to be able to use it to "quick address" your PM's, however the address field uses AJAX suggest magick now to find them for you, so I'm not sure if there's really a point any more.

adam

:confused: :confused: :o

gustavo
17/02/2006, 2:24 PM
i think he means when you start typing the persons name then a list comes up with usernames matching all the letters you have typed so far.

hamish
17/02/2006, 2:26 PM
i think he means when you start typing the persons name then a list comes up with usernames matching all the letters you have typed so far.

Thanks Gustavo but........eh.........where or in what space/place would you be typing the name.:confused: :o :o

I know, I know, I'm a lost cause with this computer business.

dahamsta
17/02/2006, 2:45 PM
In the Private Message Recipients field sirhamish. Click here (http://foot.ie/private.php?do=newpm) and type "da" in the Recipients field. See the way "dahamsta" and "daherlihy" come up? You can choose one of them with you keyboard or mouse to fasttrack addressing.

adam

hamish
17/02/2006, 2:51 PM
In the Private Message Recipients field sirhamish. Click here (http://foot.ie/private.php?do=newpm) and type "da" in the Recipients field. See the way "dahamsta" and "daherlihy" come up? You can choose one of them with you keyboard or mouse to fasttrack addressing.

adam

Cheers and thanks Adam. Believe it or not, it had vaguely (very vaguely) crossed my mind that it would be something like that. Now, I get the entire picture.

There is hope.............:o :D

sligoman
17/02/2006, 11:32 PM
In the Private Message Recipients field sirhamish. Click here (http://foot.ie/private.php?do=newpm) and type "da" in the Recipients field. See the way "dahamsta" and "daherlihy" come up? You can choose one of them with you keyboard or mouse to fasttrack addressing.Also, a little mark appears beside the username of your "buddy" if they're online;).

hamish
21/02/2006, 11:18 PM
Also, a little mark appears beside the username of your "buddy" if they're online

Does that mean you'll have a "X" beside Green Tribe and my name, sligoman

:p :D :D

Dodge
10/10/2008, 3:01 PM
Just realised I can use this now. Very handy

geysir
10/10/2008, 10:01 PM
What did you write there Dodge?

abbeyvale
16/10/2008, 1:45 PM
What did you write there Dodge?

Is there anyway you can edit to ignore a full thread???

pineapple stu
16/10/2008, 1:52 PM
Not clicking into it would be a good start.

6yardpunisha
16/10/2008, 7:46 PM

quality:D

abbeyvale
17/10/2008, 10:41 AM

Funny man, you know what I mean though?

Is there any way you can stop a particular thread from appearing on screen when you log on?

Dodge
17/10/2008, 10:45 AM
No, what a weird question BTW

Sheridan
17/10/2008, 3:06 PM
Only problem with the ignore list is that you can't add mods to it.

dahamsta
17/10/2008, 3:51 PM
I've changed that setting. Work away. If it impacts upon the warning system I'll need to toggle it back on though.

brianw82
19/03/2009, 9:26 PM
Might as well post this here rather than start a new thread.

If someone quotes someone on my ignore list, the quote is not ignored. Is there a way for the quote to be ignored too? Or maybe it can't be, as it's within someone's post who isn't on my ignore list?

dahamsta
19/03/2009, 9:28 PM
The last bit. It's a separate post.