PDA

View Full Version : Alan O'Neill in temporary charge for Rovers!

Raheny Red
17/11/2005, 4:52 PM
Just got this from the shels web

Fintan posted:

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2005/11/17/story230738.html

coislaoi
17/11/2005, 5:01 PM
"Shamrock Rovers have announced that former player and manager Alan O'Neill has joined the club in a temporary capacity as special advisor following the suspension of Roddy Collins.
Manager Roddy Collins was suspended for seven days pending the outcome of an internal investigation yesterday while Collins' assistant Terry Eviston resigned this morning.
With no manager for tomorrow evening's game against UCD, the club's board acted fast handing the reins to former player O'Neill.
A well respected figure at Rovers, O'Neill is also the Republic of Ireland Under 21 goalkeeper coach. "

That's a good move for Rovers. He was harshly treated when Pat Byrne took over Rovers. He'll certainly be welcomed by the fans anyway.

DvB
17/11/2005, 5:53 PM
That's a good move for Rovers. He was harshly treated when Pat Byrne took over Rovers. He'll certainly be welcomed by the fans anyway.

An excellent move by the trustees, trust me whatever happens Alan will always be welcome at Rovers! Hopefully he'll be able to turn it around quickly as he did the last time he took over the reigns!!

Koh

pineapple stu
17/11/2005, 6:24 PM
Ironically, one of our greatest players returning to manage against us! Still goes to Belfield a few times a year as well.

Mental Man
17/11/2005, 6:47 PM
Jeez lads i dunno about this 1,things seem to be falling into place for the Shodster,word is out that his rich butty over in scotland is going to pump in some money in SPA and roddy does a runner this week from rovers or gives himself an excuse to be relieved from his position at rovers.
It kinda has a sinister feling to it :eek: .

gustavo
17/11/2005, 6:55 PM
Surely it cant happen!

WeAreRovers
17/11/2005, 7:00 PM
Jeez lads i dunno about this 1,things seem to be falling into place for the Shodster,word is out that his rich butty over in scotland is going to pump in some money in SPA and roddy does a runner this week from rovers or gives himself an excuse to be relieved from his position at rovers.

Exactly..............good news for us, bad news for Pats. A good day's work all round. :D

KOH

monkey magic
17/11/2005, 8:09 PM

sounds kinda like the situation he had goin at carlisle... and we all know how that went

Dr.Nightdub
17/11/2005, 8:36 PM
Exactly..............good news for us, bad news for Pats. A good day's work all round. :D

KOH

WAR, I thought you'd've copped on by now about giving hostages to fortune! :D

WeAreRovers
17/11/2005, 8:43 PM
WAR, I thought you'd've copped on by now about giving hostages to fortune! :D

You can keep him as a hostage or just shoot him, either way I don't care. ;)

KOH

Passive
18/11/2005, 8:35 AM
Ironically, one of our greatest players returning to manage against us! Still goes to Belfield a few times a year as well.

We only even lent him to you. Alan is 100% Hoop - always has been, always will be.

NY Hoop
18/11/2005, 11:12 AM
Just got this from the shels web

Fintan posted:

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2005/11/17/story230738.html

Ah fintan another one obsessed by Rovers. Alan is a regular attender at Rovers games and is hugely popular with the fans. Was half time hero a few weeks back.

UCD should be happy cos he's probably added to their gate tonight!

KOH

pineapple stu
18/11/2005, 12:24 PM
We only even lent him to you. Alan is 100% Hoop - always has been, always will be.
Nah, only 98% Hoop, I'd say. Part of him will always be on one of the longest Cup-winning celebrations ever and then performing heroics against Sharp, Sheedy, Reid, Mountfield, etc.;) Otherwise he wouldn't be turning up at our games as well. Quality keeper though - surely one of the best to play LoI.

UCD should be happy cos he's probably added to their gate tonight!
:confused:

I assume you mean more Rovers fans will turn out now that Roddy's gone and O'Neill's in charge? 'Cos it reads like you're claiming O'Neill himself is going to add to our gate!:p

Block G Raptor
18/11/2005, 12:31 PM

This Is Roddy we're talking about his middle name is sinister
:D