PDA

View Full Version : Gill signals Dundalk interest

sligoman
17/11/2005, 2:24 PM
Athlone Town manager John Gill has announced his interest in taking up the vacant manager’s job at Dundalk in the close-season.

Gill, who guided Dublin City to the eircom League First Division crown in 2003, joined Athlone midway through the season.

However, he has been unable to turn around their fortunes and the midlanders will finish the campaign well adrift at the foot of the First Division table.

The Dubliner, who also spent time as assistant manager at Kilkenny City and Kildare County, will part company with the Golden Island Park side after the season ends this weekend.

But he does not want to spend too long away from management, and he has earmarked the Dundalk job – made vacant by the resignation of Jim Gannon last week – as his next assignment.

He said: “I’d love a crack at the Dundalk job. I only live up the road in Donabate so it would be ideally located for me and I’d love to get my teeth into it.

“My record is there for anyone to see, and I still feel that with the right club and the right resources I can do a lot in terms of management.”

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/first/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=20007

holidaysong
17/11/2005, 4:03 PM
The back of the Dundalk Democrat this week has the headline: "John would Gill for Dundalk job"... :D