PDA

View Full Version : Its all starting to make sense

joeSoap
17/11/2005, 11:49 AM
as to why Shoddys been suspended (http://www.breakingnews.ie/2005/11/17/story230672.html).

Shoddy and Mileson are good buddies aren't they.....

Dotsy
17/11/2005, 12:04 PM
It's too much of a coincidence. God help the Pats fans.

joeSoap
17/11/2005, 12:28 PM
Well, it had to be someone I suppse, and I'd rather it to be yet another famous Dublin club than another I guess. All he's gonna be left with now is Shels to destroy...no offence to UCD

Roo69
17/11/2005, 12:34 PM
Don't think it has anything to do with that lads.....

drummerboy
17/11/2005, 1:00 PM
Allegedly he was looking for payment for his goalkeeping coach and was informed that the club did not hire him, Roddy did, so he should pay him. Also the fact that Roddy was up in Derry commenting on a game, instead of keeping taps on Dublin City, their likely opponents in playoff, didn't go down too well with Rovers committee.

Dr.Nightdub
17/11/2005, 8:45 PM
Same link was put up on the Rovers forum, here's what I posted there in response:

A bunch of us had a good long chat with Andy at our POTY do the Saturday before last - key points:

1. Johnny Mc is under contract until the end of next season. Even assuming he's not on anything near Roddy's salary, we can no more afford to pay him off than youse can afford to pay off Roddy.

2. Andy's eyes were opened a fair bit when I told him about Mileson's attitude to sponsoring Rovers once the land in Tallaght once no longer part of the equation.

3. He's already investigating ways to separate ownership of Richmond from ownership of Pats e.g. by putting it in a trust. If nothing else, such a move might deter the vultures from hovering.

4. He made no bones about meeting Mileson, in fact he volunteered the information that the first meeting was in his oiffice, not in the Gresham. So while the details of what was discussed are obviously secret, it's not entirely cloak and dagger. He did tell us he told Mileson flat out Roddy couldn't be part of the price and he said he'd told your Jonathan Roche about the meeting. As Andy said, he'll talk to anyone who expresses an interest in investing in Pats - he had no qualms in openly telling us he'd met Mick Wallace to discuss the exact same thing. From runours we've heard, Wallace's offer was only ?500k to buy the club - so not surprisingly, Wallace has no involvement in Pats.

I think deep down most of us trust Andy - certainly most of the Pats heads I know anyway. He's second-generation Pats and from what we've heard, has gone to downright idiotic lengths in terms of his personal finances in order to prop up the club. If he is having us on, he should be starring in Hollywood, not running a football club.

Rennie's dead right - whose interest is best served by all these Mileson stories being leaked? Not us anyway, it just means every chairman in the League is probably running around trying to get Mileson's mobile number and some of them can bend over a lot further for a potential sugar daddy than we can. It can't help Mileson, cos if Andy gives him the bum's rush, it'll hurt his credibility. So who does that leave?