PDA

View Full Version : Cork City - Friday Night

Peadar
17/11/2005, 11:17 AM
There's been a lot of talk about Derry fans travelling without tickets etc. I know loads of Cork City fans who don't have tickets. Cork is going to be mental tomorrow night, regardless of the result. I hope all the Derry lads have a great trip anyway.

I'm sick with nerves myself. Suppose it's not a bad position to be in.

Are there any neutrals travelling? Are many neutrals making a point of watching the game on TV?

Lim till i die
17/11/2005, 11:22 AM
Are there any neutrals travelling? Are many neutrals making a point of watching the game on TV?

A group of us Limerick fans are having a Derry City day in one of our locals, dressing in red and white, screaming at the Tv etc. :)

Not being funny, but just out of curiosity, is there much of a buzz around the whole of Cork City about the game or is it just a small portion of the town that actually cares either way :confused:

Peadar
17/11/2005, 11:25 AM
is there much of a buzz around the whole of Cork City about the game

Well I live in Dublin and everyone I meet is on about the game. Most of them know nothing about the eL but this game has caught the imagination. A friend at home said all the kids around town are wearing the City shirts.

To me, this bigger than any FAI Cup Final.

Lim till i die
17/11/2005, 11:30 AM
Well I live in Dublin and everyone I meet is on about the game. Most of them know nothing about the eL but this game has caught the imagination. A friend at home said all the kids around town are wearing the City shirts.

To me, this bigger than any FAI Cup Final.

Fairplay, hopefully it's a good advertisment for the league anyway (with a Derry City victory :) )

Speaking of a good advertisment for the league, is the pitch in Turner's Cross still in its bog-like state ahead of this showpiece?

SÓC
17/11/2005, 11:32 AM
Not being funny, but just out of curiosity, is there much of a buzz around the whole of Cork City about the game or is it just a small portion of the town that actually cares either way :confused:

Cork is buzzing. Everyone in the City and County is talking about the game.

Flags up in places, lots of busniness have good luck signs up etc

Peadar
17/11/2005, 11:48 AM
is the pitch in Turner's Cross still in its bog-like state ahead of this showpiece?

The pitch has had a nice long rest while we've played our last 4 league games away from home. It should be in good condition tomorrow.

There's been a lot said about how it's good for the league that no Dublin team is involved. To be fair, the Dublin teams have done a lot for the league and make it what it is. The real thing to be positive about is that the league is so competitive.

Colm
17/11/2005, 11:55 AM
The buzz around the whole of Cork City is absolutely amazing. Absoluetly everybody is talking about the game.

Chairman Brian Lennox was in the Examiner yesterday saying we'd easily have sold 20,000-30,000 tickets if we had a stadium big enough and tbh, judging by the amount of people asking me for tickets alone, I don't think he's far wrong.

Colm
17/11/2005, 12:02 PM
dream on,
20.000-30.000
are you having a laugh:rolleyes:

Brian Lennox's words not mine.
He may be exaggerating slighty but I have no doubt we'd have sold at least 15,000 tickets if we had the capacity.

Slash/ED
17/11/2005, 12:02 PM
how can we watch it on tv when we have our own game to attend.
eircom league screwed up again by having it on the same time as every other game.

i dont see the point as i would have loved to watched it as would most other fans of the eircom league.

but my team comes first, so il be at the rsc tomorrow instead supporting the blues.

Agreed, I'll be in Dalymount and am gutted I can't watch this live (Funnily enough, it'll effect Shels far more than what happens in Dalymount anyway). I don't see why this couldn't have been on a different day. No other fixtures will effect Derry or Cork and this match wont effect any other teams so there's no reason it has to be on at the same time. It would have added alot to the TV ratings and given all EL fans a chance to watch a huge game.

Risteard
17/11/2005, 12:27 PM
dream on,
20.000-30.000
are you having a laugh:rolleyes:

I reckon we'd have gotten 20, 000 alright.
Reckon eventually there'll be about 9,000 in total after people bluffing their way in and all that tomorrow.
Surely if there was tickets widely available, Derry could have gotten 4,000 or so to come down.
Add that to the fact that the tickets sold out 9 days beforehand.
Loads of disappointed regulars about even just on the forums.
And if there was 17-20,000 tickets sold, surely anyone with a decent interest in sport would want to join that crowd.

Dazzy
17/11/2005, 1:08 PM
I reckon we'd have gotten 20, 000 alright.
Reckon eventually there'll be about 9,000 in total after people bluffing their way in and all that tomorrow.
Surely if there was tickets widely available, Derry could have gotten 4,000 or so to come down.
Add that to the fact that the tickets sold out 9 days beforehand.
Loads of disappointed regulars about even just on the forums.
And if there was 17-20,000 tickets sold, surely anyone with a decent interest in sport would want to join that crowd.

Your not far wrong there, had loads of barstoolers up here asking me for tickets, the funny thing is i dont even have, but am still going down to Cork tomorrow, only hoping someone is willing to sell cheap:(

Peadar
17/11/2005, 1:26 PM
only hoping someone is willing to sell cheap

I know a professional tout and jokingly asked him last night if he had any tickets. He said, "I can get you two shed tickets for €150"

I caught him out though when I told him that there's no such thing as a shed ticket because Cork City FC sell ground tickets. He told me that tickets were nowhere to be seen and that all the touts in Dublin were concentrating on tickets for the Australia game.

I hope there aren't touts down there tomorrow.

Dazzy
17/11/2005, 1:29 PM
Peader, i hate the people who sell well above face value, their scum, but there is going to be people down there willing to pay more than 100euro for tickets. I think i have one sorted from a bar down there but am not certain yet, only paying face value of a few euros more max 30euro.

I know i sound cheap :D

Speranza
17/11/2005, 1:30 PM
If the match was in a nuetral ground and fans given 50/50 allocation then I think 20,000 - 30,000 tickets would easily have been sold.

Even County Derry people who are much more inclined towards GAA are raving about it. Was in Belfast yesterday and people are the same there. Also Irish News doing excellent coverage all week.

I still think that more tickets will be realeased tomarrow even if it is on the sly. Is there not a lot of standing room to the side of the Shed?

A face
17/11/2005, 1:37 PM
There is huge interest and there are people coming out of the woodwork asking about it, it is unreal .... i'd say everyone has their story to tell but personally i have had conversations with a few people that dont know one end of a football from the other and i'd say the only reason they are chatting about it is because of the build up. Unreal !!

Cant wait till its over to get some sleep !! :eek:

pete
17/11/2005, 1:41 PM
I heard that the pitch has recovered to its previously excellent condition which will suit our style of play.

Hard to concentrate on anything else this week. Just need to get through another 3-5 hours of work so no more distractions.

Block G Raptor
17/11/2005, 1:56 PM
Come on Derry !!!!
Going up to Derry to watch the Game
And before you say anything its the first Bohs match ive missed at home in thirteen years so dont go calling me a part time fan or any of that shyte

Peadar
17/11/2005, 2:03 PM
Come on Derry !!!!

This isn't a thread for backing one team or another, it's about the occassion in Cork tomorrow night.
Oh how I'll laugh if Bohs don't finish 4th.

Risteard
17/11/2005, 2:04 PM
Come on Derry !!!!
Going up to Derry to watch the Game
You've made a tragic mistake.
You've got it all wrong.:p

Block G Raptor
17/11/2005, 2:07 PM
You've made a tragic mistake.
You've got it all wrong.:p
No my friend you have got it all wrong, the trip to Derry was planned months ago and had nothing to do with football the fact that peter hutton will be parading the cup around the streets of Derry on saturday is just an added bonus to what promises to be yet another class weekend on foyle side :p

Block G Raptor
17/11/2005, 2:12 PM
This isn't a thread for backing one team or another, it's about the occassion in Cork tomorrow night.

The point I was making which u so obviously missed was that the buzz in Derry will be just as good as cork tomorrow night...and the women will be better looking ....and I'll be able to have a nice ciggy with me Cheap pint and a celebratory cigar after the match :D

holidaysong
17/11/2005, 2:23 PM
I will be watching on the TV - it should be great. :)

Block G Raptor
17/11/2005, 2:26 PM

I doubt very much that you'll even manage a giggle you'll be too busy crying over a lost Double and a trophyless season :p :D :p

Risteard
17/11/2005, 2:29 PM
The point I was making which u so obviously missed was that the buzz in Derry will be just as good as cork tomorrow night...
Quite clearly not.
No matter who wins.
:rolleyes:
next . . . . .

Peadar
17/11/2005, 2:30 PM
Can any of the Derry lads post some links to media up north where the build up is being covered?

Block G Raptor
17/11/2005, 2:38 PM
Quite clearly not.
No matter who wins.
:rolleyes:
next . . . . .

We'll compare notes on monday shall we ?:D

Risteard
17/11/2005, 2:40 PM
:) Indeed.

Speranza
17/11/2005, 3:19 PM
Can any of the Derry lads post some links to media up north where the build up is being covered?

Best bet is www.derryjournal.com (http://www.derryjournal.com) although most of their build-up will be in tomarrow's edition.

Irish news has amazing content on the match culminating on a 4 page supplement on Saturday. Today was Clive Delaney and a bit with Dan Murray. Online is subscription only though :mad:

Belfawst tele - http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/story.jsp?story=669461

bluemovie
17/11/2005, 3:25 PM
Will set the video before heading in to the RSC. I'll get updates on it during our match....and at the end of the match we'll be singing "The title's gone to the randy Brandywell".

ccfcgirl
17/11/2005, 4:06 PM
Great buzz in Cork . Radio stations Newspapers etc doing great coverage all week about the game . In work everyone is talking about it and none of them usually have no interest . Its a shame though on People whom realy want to go and I have no ticket

Peadar
17/11/2005, 4:25 PM
I have no ticket

Do you have no ticket either?

ccfcgirl
17/11/2005, 4:40 PM
Do you have no ticket either?I do have a ticket bought mine 4 weeks ago ,I do think its a shame on fans whom have no tickets though.

Finlay Harp
17/11/2005, 4:46 PM
I shall be at the 'wake' in Finn Park so shall miss the game on TV.

A face
17/11/2005, 4:52 PM
No my friend you have got it all wrong, the trip to Derry was planned months ago and had nothing to do with football the fact that peter hutton will be parading the cup around the streets of Derry on saturday is just an added bonus to what promises to be yet another class weekend on foyle side

You are some part time fan BGR .... you'll miss the Bohs game to be in Derry to see what you think might be a win for them ..... that is lame ..... so so lame !! :eek: :(

:p

Block G Raptor
18/11/2005, 2:09 PM
the trip to Derry was planned months ago and had nothing to do with football
:confused: :confused:

tiktok
21/11/2005, 7:27 AM

:)

Hope you had a good weekend, I certainly did!

Risteard
21/11/2005, 11:20 AM

Indeed

Note number 1. League title.

Troy.McClure
21/11/2005, 2:15 PM

So you're not going to put on your Bohs shirt again Peadar? ;)