PDA

View Full Version : Finn Harps Vs. Bray

Roo69
17/11/2005, 10:29 AM
Stephen Gifford, who suffered a calf injury in the win over Bohemians last Friday night at the Carlisle Grounds, is unlikely to line out for Bray in their final League outing of the season as the injury has failed to respond to treatement.

Otherwise, Pat Devlin has a full squad to pick from and he has promoted Maurice Dunne and Wayne Byrne from the successful Under-21 squad to the travelling party for Fridays night's encounter with relegated Finn Harps.

When the sides met at Finn Park in May Bray won 2-1, the goals coming from Kieran "Tarzan" O'Brien and Philip Keogh.

At the Carlisle Grounds in August, Bray won by the same score. The goals this time came from Andrei "Franco" Georgescu and Eamon Zayed.

From Bray Wanderers.ie (http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=451&Itemid=1)

Hannigan will start again, he was saying that he is going back home on Sunday so fingers crossed he'll be back for the new season.

KR's Post
17/11/2005, 3:18 PM
Tarzan is not travelling with the squad! Neither is Devo... Heard that today.. An understrngth team expected to be fielded!

KK77
17/11/2005, 3:39 PM
You have got to be joking Devo is not travelling tell me your joking???? I said this to a fella at the game last week but i was honestly only joking

Grasshopper 99
17/11/2005, 5:09 PM
Should still win though, done very well with Tony in charge. Hope Pat comes back, we will need him next year unless devo has something up his sleave????

KR's Post
19/11/2005, 8:02 AM
Great result, great night... Overall great way to finish the season! I'm here in work with a rather small hangover! Pat Hannigan gave me his gloves, when they all came over at the end i asked him and he gave em to me! Tried to get his jersey but he just laughed it off!

A big thank you to all the players and backroom staff for a truly entertaining season back in the premier. I thoroughly enjoyed it even though my nerves were gone some times during the season. More of the same next year please!:) :)

Grasshopper 99
19/11/2005, 12:11 PM
Great result, great night... Overall great way to finish the season! I'm here in work with a rather small hangover! Pat Hannigan gave me his gloves, when they all came over at the end i asked him and he gave em to me! Tried to get his jersey but he just laughed it off!

A big thank you to all the players and backroom staff for a truly entertaining season back in the premier. I thoroughly enjoyed it even though my nerves were gone some times during the season. More of the same next year please!:) :)

Pat didnt give them to you when he came over, you went running after him down the stand to get them.

Well done to all involved, in Bray Wanderers, great match last night to top off a great season, may we have some more in the up and coming years please.:)

KR's Post
19/11/2005, 12:38 PM
Pat didnt give them to you when he came over, you went running after him down the stand to get them.

Ye i asked him and he gave em to me!!!! ;)

geg124
19/11/2005, 8:09 PM

Either way you got them

Grasshopper 99
21/11/2005, 9:57 AM

still not going to make you a better keeper;) ;)

KK77
24/11/2005, 11:15 AM
Read in the Bray People last night that Devo missed the game due to Medical advice after his recent hip operation what a joke why not just tell the truth he couldn't be bothered going to the game as he fancied watching Cork and Derry in the comfort of his home i mean he could turn up for the semi final in Drogheda no problem ok it's not as far but it's a petty excuse to say medical advice and the annoying thing is he's the very one who wants Bray to be professional yet he won't go to the teams last game of the season. His hip doesn't stop him from going over to the UK to watch games and nor would with stop him if the final was being played up the north you'd find his hip would be fine.

KR's Post
24/11/2005, 11:46 AM
Read in the Bray People last night that Devo missed the game due to Medical advice after his recent hip operation what a joke why not just tell the truth he couldn't be bothered going to the game as he fancied watching Cork and Derry in the comfort of his home i mean he could turn up for the semi final in Drogheda no problem ok it's not as far but it's a petty excuse to say medical advice and the annoying thing is he's the very one who wants Bray to be professional yet he won't go to the teams last game of the season. His hip doesn't stop him from going over to the UK to watch games and nor would with stop him if the final was being played up the north you'd find his hip would be fine.
:eek: :rolleyes:

KK77
28/11/2005, 9:31 AM
Rather tell the truth than be a "YES MAN"

BrayZil
28/11/2005, 1:41 PM
Devo didn’t travel to Harps as his hip has been giving him trouble. It's going to take him a while to recover fully and sitting on a bus for 8 or so hours is not good and he was advised not to travel. It's got nothing to do with him not being bothered!

Roo69
28/11/2005, 3:16 PM
Devo didn’t travel to Harps as his hip has been giving him trouble. It's going to take him a while to recover fully and sitting on a bus for 8 or so hours is not good and he was advised not to travel. It's got nothing to do with him not being bothered!

Spot on, not worth risking your health for.....

KR's Post
28/11/2005, 3:24 PM
Spot on, not worth risking your health for.....

Just Rafa B causing trouble again!

KK77
29/11/2005, 9:20 AM

Telling the truth not causing trouble.

Roo69
29/11/2005, 9:59 AM

Everyone knows that football is not more important than ones health, if you had a pretty major operation would you sit on a bus for 6 or 7 hours if doctors told you not to ?

KK77
29/11/2005, 11:54 AM
Nor take flights to the UK surely the altitude etc would affect hips? Can buses not stop now on route??

BrayZil
29/11/2005, 1:17 PM
You're being ridiculous now! Pat was not in the UK the weekend of the Harps match. Plus there’s a big difference between sitting on a plane for an hour and an 8 hour bus journey!

KK77
29/11/2005, 2:27 PM
You're being ridiculous now! Pat was not in the UK the weekend of the Harps match. Plus there’s a big difference between sitting on a plane for an hour and an 8 hour bus journey!

I never said he was in the UK at the weekend. Quick question how can a 72 year old who had the same op travel to Harps yet Pat couldn't?!!!!!!