16/11/2005, 7:19 PM
Shamrock Rovers have suspended Roddy Collins

kenbo
16/11/2005, 7:20 PM
why!

No proof for that statement then.......

Anto McC
16/11/2005, 7:20 PM
Can you confirm this with anything,if it's true,it'll be the best thing the club could have done.

Who'll take over for the play-off games?

harpskid
16/11/2005, 7:41 PM
I hear 'tis true alright... :eek:

Mr A
16/11/2005, 7:42 PM
Maybe he's in talks with Dublin City about a shock return :cool:

Schumi
16/11/2005, 7:47 PM
Making sure he keeps up his 'never got relegated' record?

Cosmo
16/11/2005, 7:54 PM
Maybe he's in talks with Dublin City about a shock return :cool:

:D

Anyone know what the official reason is?

iceman
16/11/2005, 8:00 PM

Brill

Ringo
16/11/2005, 8:33 PM
LOL . don't do this to me.:eek: My only reason to hate Rovers.

Réiteoir
16/11/2005, 9:03 PM
Can you confirm this with anything,if it's true,it'll be the best thing the club could have done.

Who'll take over for the play-off games?

Nothing on the Ultras Forum - which is where something like this would be by now.

I smell the stench of Bullcrap

martyc
16/11/2005, 9:15 PM
Announced on Newstalk at 10pm Roddy suspended for a week.

Ringo
16/11/2005, 9:32 PM
http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p227.htm
COLLINS SUSPENDED BY ROVERS
Shamrock Rovers manager Roddy Collins
has been suspended for a week by the
club pending the resolution of an
internal investigation, according to
club officials.

The club have made no statement on the
matter and officials offered no reason
for the suspension when contacted for
comment.

Rovers play the first leg of their
eircom League relegation play-off on
November 22. They potentially face
Dublin City, the side that Collins
walked out on last season to join
Rovers.

Dodge
16/11/2005, 9:43 PM
He usually does a thiung for Newstalk's "on the ball" show on a Thursday night. Hope he continues this week.

A face
16/11/2005, 9:55 PM
I jumped the gun i know .... but here are the results thus far !! :p

There is no way anyone is too stupid to hire him. 1 7.14%
There are loads of clubs stupid enough to hire him. 12 85.71%
Hes got an excellent record, hes never been relegated y'know 1 7.14%
If he had his own Car - i'll hire him !! 0 0%

dcfcsteve
16/11/2005, 11:38 PM
Looks like the 400 Club have responded to my open letter on another thread yesterday...! :)

Wonder why he's been suspended - impersonating a football manager.... ? Or was he caught speaking to another club at such a vital time ?

Respect to the 400 Club for having the integrity to do what they believe is right, not what is expedient. The easy thing to do would've been to do nothing until after the play-offs. If only more of our clubs showed the same balls....

Mayo Red
16/11/2005, 11:38 PM
Keely must have put the sh*ts up him and he cracked!:D

Ringo
17/11/2005, 5:06 AM
http://www.breakingnews.ie/story.asp?j=3458745&p=345876x&n=3458837&x=
Roddy Collins suspended by Shamrock Rovers
16/11/2005 - 23:14:39

Roddy Collins has been suspended as manager of Shamrock Rovers for seven days by the club’s trustees.

The Hoops’ boss has been suspended for an “internal matter” though he will be back in charge for Rovers’ relegation play-off clash against either Dublin City or Cobh Ramblers.

In the meantime, assistant manager Terry Eviston will be asked to take charge of the side for Friday's final Premier Division clash with UCD at Belfield Park.:confused:

hoopy
17/11/2005, 5:51 AM
Hoopy tut tut :p I smell a rat !!!!! :D

Well?

hoopy
17/11/2005, 5:52 AM
I smell the stench of Bullcrap

Well?

Drumcondra Red
17/11/2005, 8:43 AM
Anything to do with him saying a certain something to certain players about bringing them to Pats with him next season??? Collins jumping ship, what a shock!!!

Dotsy
17/11/2005, 8:55 AM
Excellent news. Hopefully it will be made permanent this Friday.

pete
17/11/2005, 9:05 AM
Is he off to Cobh?

Has he been racking up too much expenses on club credit card?

Block G Raptor
17/11/2005, 9:37 AM
http://www.foot.ie/showpost.php?p=389372&postcount=7
Didnt even take as long as i thought. First sensible thing rovers have done since before they left milltown

coislaoi
17/11/2005, 9:45 AM
He is certain to go for good imo. The seven day suspension is the lead-in to a sacking or a resignation either way. There is no way back.

I expect to see from guess who, in the next few days, stuff like "I always thought Rovers were the biggest club in the country" "Their fans are the best, I love their passion" "The 400 club has done great work in turning the club around" etc etc etc. The way he is going he will end up loving (and managing) every club and every part of the country.:D :eek:

Jerry The Saint
17/11/2005, 9:51 AM
LOL . don't do this to me.:eek: My only reason to hate Rovers.

Your only reason to hate them:confused: You clearly lack imagination Ringo! :D

Block G Raptor
17/11/2005, 10:04 AM
God I'd Say bohs and dcfc are the only club's who can safely say he wont be burdening them with his services next year! may jebus have mercy on which unfortunate shower that give the B*****rd a job

WeAreRovers
17/11/2005, 10:25 AM
First sensible thing rovers have done since before they left milltown

Except for the fans rescuing the club?

KOH

Colm
17/11/2005, 10:46 AM
Anything to do with him saying a certain something to certain players about bringing them to Pats with him next season??? Collins jumping ship, what a shock!!!

That's interesting.
I heard from a former Pats man last week that Roddy and your man Milestone (??) were almost certain to take over Pats.

As for Roddy and Rovers, I feel a little sorry for him tbh as I always liked the guy. That said, I'm unaware of what goes on behind the scenes at Rovers so it must be justified.

Anyway, I wonder who'll be Rovers manager next season.....;)

Peadar
17/11/2005, 10:47 AM
Anyway, I wonder who'll be Rovers manager next season.....;)

My money would be on Pat Scully.

Colm
17/11/2005, 10:50 AM
My money would be on Pat Scully.

If they go down maybe. If they stay up I think they'll go for Dolan if they have the money.

Roverstillidie
17/11/2005, 11:54 AM
basically the story is he got his final written warning after the waterford game and crumpled it up and threw it away (apparantly picked up by a hack).
proper procedure is being gone through to protect rovers from being sued.

reason for warning? take your pick from:
lying about the club and its directors in the press
not training the day before the waterford game because 'it was too cold'
not training because he had commentry commitments
leaving the pats game early (missed 3 goals) to box
and no doubt some behind the scenes nonsense as well.

i reckon he is gone for good and i am so ****ing happy.

be afraid pats, be very afraid.

B-Stand
17/11/2005, 12:12 PM
"Calling Agent Collins.........

......Return to Base........

...MISSION ACCOMPLISHED."

WeAreRovers
17/11/2005, 12:17 PM
"Calling Agent Collins.........

......Return to Base........

...MISSION ACCOMPLISHED."

.....and tell Terry Palmer that he too can return home after successfully screwing up Bohs season.

KOH

chippie0001
17/11/2005, 12:26 PM
Does not seem a wise move to me. To sack him ,yes. To suspend him until after the playoffs, yes. But to suspend him and then have him in charge of the two most important games seems odd. Now if after this one is up they suspend him again fair enough. But Roddy will be bitter after this and well would anyone be surprised to see him intentionally mess things up on Tuesday. All this based on media reports that he will be back for the play off games.

Dodge
17/11/2005, 1:04 PM
.....and tell Terry Palmer that he too can return home after successfully screwing up Bohs season.

KOH
Yeah, thats the same...

Anyway, I back Roddy on this issue. For far too long, employers have been bullying their hard working minions. Roddy should organise the rest of the league managers to go on strike

Ringo
17/11/2005, 1:12 PM
[QUOTE=chippie0001] But Roddy will be bitter after this and well would anyone be surprised to see him intentionally mess things up on Tuesday. [QUOTE]

you mean he could intentionally get things right:p

WeAreRovers
17/11/2005, 1:23 PM
Does not seem a wise move to me. To sack him ,yes. To suspend him until after the playoffs, yes. But to suspend him and then have him in charge of the two most important games seems odd. Now if after this one is up they suspend him again fair enough. But Roddy will be bitter after this and well would anyone be surprised to see him intentionally mess things up on Tuesday. All this based on media reports that he will be back for the play off games.

Not going to happen chippie. There's been a lot of mixed messages about this, all will be fully clarified later this afternoon.

KOH

Risteard
17/11/2005, 1:28 PM
just keep him away from waterford united.
we dont want him.

were happy with pat..
You really think he's gonna stick around?

pete
17/11/2005, 1:44 PM
Anyway, I back Roddy on this issue. For far too long, employers have been bullying their hard working minions. Roddy should organise the rest of the league managers to go on strike

Imagine if football managers union was run like a traditional Trade Union? :eek:

Ronnie
17/11/2005, 2:17 PM
Thats mad, you could have two teams in play offs without managers - imagine that, it'd be just down to 22 players on a pitch to decide promotion/relegation.

joeSoap
17/11/2005, 2:36 PM
Shamrock Rovers wish to announce that former player and manager Alan O'Neill is joining the club in a temporary capacity as a special advisor, effective from tomorrow (Friday) night's Eircom League game against UCD at Belfield.

One of the Hoops' greatest and most-popular players, Alan joined Rovers in 1975, and quickly established himself as first-team goalkeeper before going on a very successful playing career path that bridged three decades.

Having left Rovers for UCD in 1983, he rejoined the club ten years later and was a member of Rovers' championship-winning team of 1993-94, the last Hoops side to win the title.

During a period as manager in 1996 he rejuvenated a struggling Rovers and achieved a fifth-place finish in the Premier Division, before departing to concentrate on a career in coaching. He is currently goalkeeping coach with the Republic of Ireland Under-21 squad.

We are sure Alan will be given a very warm welcome when he returns to the fold tomorrow night.

Shamrock Rovers have also regretfully accepted the resignation of assistant manager Terry Eviston. The club thanks Terry for his services to Shamrock Rovers and wishes him every success in his future endeavours.

Block G Raptor
17/11/2005, 2:55 PM
anyone would be better then collins,
he turned a good club into a leinster seinor club in the space of a few months.

I Know great isn't It :D :D :D

bluemovie
17/11/2005, 3:19 PM
I reckon it's just a game of bluff and double bluff between Roddy and the 400 Club. They can't afford the settlement if they sack him so they're trying to push him into resigning. He's doing his best with his off-the-field antics to get himself sacked so he can get a hefty pay-off from the club. They don't want him, he doesn't want to be there.

Dodge
17/11/2005, 3:32 PM
You don't get a pay off if your sacked for misconduct or even simply, not being good enough for the job. Can't understand why Rovers have waited so long. Sack him, whats he going to do sue them? He knows mnore than most they haven't got a pot to **** in, never mind the fact the sacking would be 100% deserved.

Glad they haven't because he's good for the league (i.e. Getting Rovers relegated)

monkey magic
17/11/2005, 3:41 PM
[QUOTE=jimmy-boy]
QUOTE]

dunno what league you were watchin mate, but rovers have been struggling for a few years now, and not all of it can be put on shoddy:rolleyes:

on a serious note tho, whilst ye would have had to eventually get rid of the leech, is yer timing not a bit suspect??? a week before one of the most important games in the clubs recent history is not the best time to be sacking (or talking about sacking)ur manager, the disruption is could cause in the dressing room could be damaging

Old Timer
17/11/2005, 3:51 PM
Jimmy Boy
anyone would be better then collins,

Most top Leinster Sen League Clubs would knock seven lump's of Doo Doo out of Rovers at the mo. Dont be putting down the LSL, anyway Rovers already have a team in there. Maybe Roddy could find himself out in Tallaght sooner then he thinks, but not in a stadium..

John83
18/11/2005, 8:53 AM
Thats mad, you could have two teams in play offs without managers - imagine that, it'd be just down to 22 players on a pitch to decide promotion/relegation.
Cool. We should do this more often. :cool:

Rory H
18/11/2005, 11:57 AM
i love the eircom league:D

shams to lose 1st leg..then roddy re instated and win the 2nd leg...for dublin city:D