PDA

View Full Version : Swiss 2 Turkey 4!

Tram_14
16/11/2005, 7:06 PM
Why can't I let this go? THEY're going thru...................

pineapple stu
16/11/2005, 7:10 PM
Full-time.

tricky_colour
16/11/2005, 7:19 PM
Yep through on away goals or whatever, there but for the grace of God go
Ireland :p

Austrailia qualified too, I think I will be following them.

concanta
16/11/2005, 7:24 PM
not a great team by any means but it shows how far you can get with a couple of good players and a hard working team ethic....this is what WE used to have ....if we regain this with our new manager I fully believe we can reach 2008 with some good youngsters coming though...it does hurt that the swiss are there i dont particularly like them but we shouldnt be bitter.......lets be optimistic and build for the future and hope we can finally exorcise our swiss ghosts in their own backyard in 2008

OwlsFan
17/11/2005, 8:52 AM
Worrying thing though is Turks managed to score 4 against them and we could barely muster a shot. Sigh. A lot of miserable people in Turkey/Slovakia
Norway/Bahrain and Uruguay this am. My sympathies go out to them - it's a lonely and desolate place a play-off defeat.

Gerrit
17/11/2005, 5:48 PM
There's worse things than that. It's just a game. When I see what happened in Istanbul last night I think some of these people take it all far too serious.

Norway's out, I don't feel miserable. I never felt miserable when Rosenborg was doing bad (otherwise it'd have been a hell year for me :o ) and never felt miserable when Ostend relegated (which I've seen happening 3 times in 10 years). Football is just a game, and after the game it's time to realise that.

Fair play to the Swiss. Some people here said Ireland would trash them 4-0, and look what happened now...

Switzerland is very underestimated football-wise. Their football is going up above very fastly. FC Thun in the CL, Basel and Grasshoppers in the UEFA, national side going to the World Cup, the U21 side reaching the playoffs of the Euro Cup qualifiers, ...
Switzerland serves as a good example for other smaller countries. Their FA and league are well-structured and accomplish a lot with not the biggest sources around. Don't forget as well that their national team qualified for a major tournament often in the last 11 years, and that Swiss teams regularly did well in the Champions League the last decade.

Dotsy
18/11/2005, 8:16 AM
ye, whatever else you say about the Swiss they are certainly well organised at the FA level and on the pitch. They appear much more professional than the shower in the FAI.

Gerrit
18/11/2005, 8:11 PM
Not that hard to do better than the FAI :D But if it is any plaster on the wound: the Belgian FA is even worse than the FAI and IFA put together :eek:

The Belgian FA are the biggest bunch of hypocrites and incompetents there are, their newest initiative is a black stripe on players' foreheads to battle racism. As if that helps and as if there are no more serious matters to tackle. Meanwhile they overlook the fact that Belgium hardly wins any game and that most clubs are as bankrupt as can be...