PDA

View Full Version : Shamrock Rovers Game

The Bit O'Red
16/11/2005, 6:48 PM
Will UCD be fielding a full strength side against what sounds like is going to be a Rovers reserve side this friday? Will they play for the win or do they just not care at this stage?

pineapple stu
16/11/2005, 6:55 PM
We played a full-strength team on Saturday, so I'd say it'll be the same on Friday. Personally, I'd like to see the likes of Neil Gallagher, Ronan Finn, Aaron McEniff, Derek Doyle and others get a chance though. Haven't heard about Rovers playing a weakened team?

The Bit O'Red
16/11/2005, 7:13 PM
Ya, apperently they don't want to risk any red cards/injuries so they'll have a side full of U-21's etc. Hopefully ye can send them into the play-off's with a good whippin. :)

pineapple stu
16/11/2005, 7:16 PM
Funny thing - our U-21s played their senior team in the League Cup and won 1-0. The next week, our U-21s played Rovers' U-21s in the U-21 league. They drew. Their U-21 team would probably beat our first team going no that logic...

CollegeTillIDie
17/11/2005, 6:53 AM
pineapple stu

Finishing with a home defeat would put the hat on a dire season big time!

John83
17/11/2005, 2:20 PM
pineapple stu

Finishing with a home defeat would put the hat on a dire season big time!
CTID, one more comment on a "dire" season that saw us stay up with two games in hand, make a cup final and win the U21s and you're going on my ignore list. :p

Bald Student
17/11/2005, 2:44 PM
CTID, one more comment on a "dire" season that saw us stay up with two games in hand, make a cup final and win the U21s and you're going on my ignore list. :pI second that motion.

Schumi
17/11/2005, 2:45 PM
I hear Alan O'Neill is going to be managing Rovers for this game.

Roo69
17/11/2005, 2:53 PM
I hear Alan O'Neill is going to be managing Rovers for this game.

Terry Eviston from what i hear

HarpoJoyce
17/11/2005, 5:32 PM
Rovers eventually decided on Alan O'Neill. Terry handed in his notice today.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2005/1117/shamrockrovers.html

I think there were early reports that Eviston would take charge on Friday.

Also, Rovers have being playing with a weakened side for the latter part of the season.

I'll make sure I'm at full strength for the game.

John83
17/11/2005, 8:23 PM
I'll make sure I'm at full strength for the game.
Oh Harpo, will be full of beer,
Oh Harpo'll be full of beer,
Be full of beer, beer and more beer,
Oh Harpo'll be full of beer.

CollegeTillIDie
17/11/2005, 8:38 PM
Oh Harpo, will be full of beer,
Oh Harpo'll be full of beer,
Be full of beer, beer and more beer,
Oh Harpo'll be full of beer.

The previous time we were in a League Cup Final we only stayed up on penalties. I suppose you would call that success?:rolleyes:

pineapple stu
17/11/2005, 8:38 PM
Hey, we're making progress at least!

I should beat you with a stick.

CollegeTillIDie
17/11/2005, 8:40 PM
CTID, one more comment on a "dire" season that saw us stay up with two games in hand, make a cup final and win the U21s and you're going on my ignore list. :p

It's the first team that matters, the League is the bread and butter, the League Cup is irrelevant....:mad:

CollegeTillIDie
17/11/2005, 8:43 PM
Hey, we're making progress at least!

I should beat you with a stick.

By you behaving like a Shamrock Rovers fan I suppose?:mad:

John83
17/11/2005, 8:44 PM
:ball:

HarpoJoyce
18/11/2005, 9:59 AM
I like the part best where UCD get to play all the football. And to get them out of their own hole the shams use the benefit of our former players.

That'll learn them.

Has any noticed in recent weeks that hoops fans are a little bit more humble, a little bit more polite?

FANny club.

NY Hoop
18/11/2005, 11:52 AM
By you behaving like a Shamrock Rovers fan I suppose?:mad:

Dont know what that's meant to mean.

You got promoted and stayed up like Bray. And you got to a Cup Final. Beats me how "dire" that is really............

KOH

Bald Student
18/11/2005, 11:56 AM
Like I said in another thread NY, we're a big club and expect better.

You probably wouldn't understand. I maintain that only us, Monaghan and possably Mount Merrion YMCA have proper fans.

WeAreRovers
18/11/2005, 12:10 PM
And to get them out of their own hole the shams use the benefit of our former players.

Are you actually aware of who Alan O'Neill is? He may have helped you win your one measly trophy but he's 100% Rovers and always has been.

KOH

HarpoJoyce
18/11/2005, 2:34 PM
Are you actually aware of who Alan O'Neill is? He may have helped you win your one measly trophy but he's 100% Rovers and always has been.

KOH

Oh dear. Still bitter after all these years.

We turned him into a European player. Two brilliant performances versus Everton in 1984.

If it wasn't for UCD he would never have appeared on the front cover of the
Irish Soccer Magazine issue no. 5 ( January 1985).

Yea, Yea, I know who he is.

We just won a National trophy this week.
Some of the squad may be a little jaded, please excuse if the team doesn't perform to our own fans high standard.

WeAreRovers
18/11/2005, 2:36 PM
If it wasn't for UCD he would never have appeared on the front cover of the
Irish Soccer Magazine issue no. 5 ( January 1985).

Yeah, he always maintains that was the highlight of his glittering career. :rolleyes:

KOH

HarpoJoyce
18/11/2005, 2:41 PM
Yeah, he always maintains that was the highlight of his glittering career. :rolleyes:

KOH

I understand. Its the debate whether Media coverage or performance on the pitch makes someone into a better player.

CollegeTillIDie
18/11/2005, 4:37 PM

KOH

He actually considers it to be one of the highpoints of his career and said so in an interview I have on video.