PDA

View Full Version : John Giles article

OwlsFan
16/11/2005, 4:27 PM
Not sure if this was posted elsewhere as it's a week old or so but it's a good read, apart from the statement by the writer "Giles is the conscience and intellect of Irish football while Eamon Dunphy is the erratic brilliance". I am not sure Giles has a conscience and Dumpy certainly isn't brilliant: erratic and err strewn but not brilliant.

http://www.ireland-mad.co.uk/news/loadfeat.asp?cid=EDY1&id=251405

Marked Man
17/11/2005, 2:10 AM
[QUOTE=OwlsFan]Not sure if this was posted elsewhere as it's a week old or so but it's a good read, apart from the statement by the writer "Giles is the conscience and intellect of Irish football while Eamon Dunphy is the erratic brilliance". I am not sure Giles has a conscience and Dumpy certainly isn't brilliant: erratic and err strewn but not brilliant.

Whatever about Giles not being the conscience of Irish soccer,God help us if he is the intellect.

CollegeTillIDie
17/11/2005, 6:44 AM
[QUOTE=OwlsFan]Not sure if this was posted elsewhere as it's a week old or so but it's a good read, apart from the statement by the writer "Giles is the conscience and intellect of Irish football while Eamon Dunphy is the erratic brilliance". I am not sure Giles has a conscience and Dumpy certainly isn't brilliant: erratic and err strewn but not brilliant.

Whatever about Giles not being the conscience of Irish soccer,God help us if he is the intellect.

He's not bad for someone who left school at 14 to be fair.