PDA

View Full Version : Trundle linked with Charlton

tetsujin1979
16/11/2005, 2:55 PM
Dunno if he'd be first choice at Charlton, but any move to the Premiership has to be seen as a step up

from the independent

Alan Curbishley is rumoured to be interested in the Swansea City striker Lee Trundle. Curbishley is believed to be in the market for a new forward in the January transfer window as a partner for the prolific Darren Bent. However, Trundle, who recently signed an image rights deal with Swansea, is reluctant to leave the Welsh club.

dr_peepee
16/11/2005, 3:28 PM
I read very recently that he said he'd only consider a move if it was to a premiership club as he reckons he'll be in the Championship anyway next year.

Dunno if he'd prosper at Charlton... Their own fans complain even now about Curbishly's negative style...

Stuttgart88
16/11/2005, 3:34 PM
Don't they play only 1 upfront a lot? I think Darren Bent looks really good so Trundle may struggle to get his game. A good move in all other respects though.

OwlsFan
16/11/2005, 4:29 PM
As M People would sing: "The only way is up..."

dr_peepee
16/11/2005, 4:52 PM
I think youl'll find that was Yazz and the Plastic Population...... But who's arguing??

Jon'o
16/11/2005, 5:15 PM
I read very recently that he said he'd only consider a move if it was to a premiership club as he reckons he'll be in the Championship anyway next year.

Dunno if he'd prosper at Charlton... Their own fans complain even now about Curbishly's negative style...

im a charlton *cough* season ticket holder, i wouldnt say curbishley plays with in a negative style its just we have'nt had a decent forward for a few seasons so have had to play 4-5-1... last season was a bit dull but with darren bent this season it has seemed to work well.

I think that if trundle was to sign he would be given as much of a chance as any other player, curbishley understands that the price of a player has nothing to do with his potential skill, he signed jerome thomas from arsenal the other year for 100k and he's prospered after being given his chance

SaucyJack
16/11/2005, 5:22 PM
I heard it was a move to Everton in the works.

Qwerty
16/11/2005, 10:47 PM
I hear Sven has been monitoring his progress too. :rolleyes:

eirebhoy
17/11/2005, 7:34 AM
I hear Sven has been monitoring his progress too. :rolleyes:
Pity, I doubt he'd play for them. :)

OwlsFan
17/11/2005, 11:27 AM
I think youl'll find that was Yazz and the Plastic Population...... But who's arguing??

:o :o :o Oops, I meant "Movin' on up".

oconghc2
18/11/2005, 11:26 PM
another 2 goals tonight

they say hes getting better with every game - 2nd goal tonight was supposed to be a cracker

robbie_B
19/11/2005, 2:47 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/4452208.stm

livehead1
19/11/2005, 2:54 PM
hes class...matter of time

livehead1
19/11/2005, 2:54 PM
Swansea 2-0 Yeovil
Lee Trundle's brace gave Swansea victory and moved them three points clear at the top of League One.
Trundle opened the scoring from the spot on 23 minutes after being brought down in the area by Efe Sodje.

He sealed things with a magical strike, hitting Yeovil goalkeeper Chris Weale's clearance into the back of the net with a first-time shot from 35 yards.

eirebhoy
19/11/2005, 2:55 PM
Since La Liga wasn't on last week Trundle took over Ronaldinho's place on Soccer AM's showboating. He was on it 4 times. :) Trundle has more goals than anyone in Britain atm. Someone questioned whether we "want" him called up. I certainly do. He's an excellent player.

livehead1
19/11/2005, 3:13 PM
Since La Liga wasn't on last week Trundle took over Ronaldinho's place on Soccer AM's showboating. He was on it 4 times. :) Trundle has more goals than anyone in Britain atm. Someone questioned whether we "want" him called up. I certainly do. He's an excellent player.

i can certainly see him up front causing serious problems for even the best of defenders. it amazes me that the very big clubs are not looking at him but then again why would they? the trend these days seems to be that the very large clubs are not willing to take a risk on unproven players at a lower level and at 29 hes got little chance. but there is a possibility of a struggling premiership club with little money 'taking a risk' or a championship club looking to cement their push towards the premiership in january. any move upwards would be good for him but if he wasn't to move i dont feel it would be a major problem. swansea will go up this season and there were nearly 20,000 people there on a friday night against yeovil so they are clearly a team on the move and trundle is the main man

eirebhoy
19/11/2005, 5:28 PM
Was that the guy on soccer AM today, doing all the showbouts?
Yeah. He's too good for that division that he just plays around. :)

Saint Tom
19/11/2005, 11:30 PM
29, never played above third tier football and not an irishman.. surely he can be an addition to Ireland at international level:rolleyes:

livehead1
20/11/2005, 12:01 AM
29, never played above third tier football and not an irishman.. surely he can be an addition to Ireland at international level:rolleyes:

swear to god im gonna quit this forum shortly, so fed up with all this sh*t bout so and so not being irish and all this boll*x. research what your gona talk about before posting. if you knew anything about him you would see that in all likeliness he is more irish than you. shameful

dr_peepee
20/11/2005, 8:32 AM
It's a bit of a double edged sword..

As it stands now he's worth more to Swansea than a premiership club would be prepared to pay for an unproven 29 year old.

Just speculation on my part but I'd imagine it would take someting in the region of 1.5m-2m for the Swans to part company. But of the Premiership clubs that may be interested, who'd spend that money. Maybe Wigan but I think their ambitions and targets have risen of late. On the face of it though he'd make a nice foil for Camara or even Roberts..

Soper
20/11/2005, 11:20 AM
swear to god im gonna quit this forum shortly, so fed up with all this sh*t bout so and so not being irish and all this boll*x. research what your gona talk about before posting. if you knew anything about him you would see that in all likeliness he is more irish than you. shameful
I agree

eirebhoy
20/11/2005, 12:26 PM
Some said in another thread that its difficult to reply to some posts without resporting to personal insults and this post falls into that catagory.

I seen his 2nd goal today. Excellent goal. The keeper kicked the ball out, it fell to Trundle who caught it on the chest and lobbed the keeper from about 40 yards.

Here's Saturday's showboating on Soccer am:
http://www.socceram.vowmedia.com/clips/191105/showboat191105.wmv

paul_oshea
20/11/2005, 1:27 PM
in fairness it doesnt really matter what level you are playing at, but to be able do that and do it when someone is marking you is pure genius. some of the touches were unreal in fairness. thanks for the vid eirebhoy gonna save that.

eirebhoy
20/11/2005, 2:01 PM
in fairness it doesnt really matter what level you are playing at, but to be able do that and do it when someone is marking you is pure genius. some of the touches were unreal in fairness. thanks for the vid eirebhoy gonna save that.
A few more here:
http://www.swanseacityafc.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=207

Stuttgart88
20/11/2005, 2:49 PM
I can't open them but I've been won over by what I've seen on TV and by eirebhoy's lobbying:) We've absolutely NOTHING to lose by giving him a run out and seeing him first hand.

Lack of competition for places upfront does nobody any good. Clinton's attitude has been exemplary but Robbie needs to know there's more to an international career than having a few beers in Lillies and putting in sub-standard performances. Probably harsh, as his club sitaution isn't helping him, but Robbie needs to step his performances up, and he needs to know it.

And with Elliott, Doyle, McGeady, Trundle from what I've heard and one or two others able to bring something different to the party it AGAIN illustrates that a clever manager has options to make something of this side.

Or then again, no. We've got Gary Doherty after all.

eirebhoy
20/11/2005, 6:21 PM
Friday's highlights:
http://www.swanseacity.premiumtv.co.uk/page/media/0,,~,00.asx?path=zzf%3A//ivqrb.cerzvhzgi.pb.hx/ivqrb/11_2005/30306_uv.jzi

FarBeag
20/11/2005, 6:27 PM
For the life of me i really cant see what the problem is with giving this chap a go. He is all out for playing for us and with skill and goals like that i cant see what he should not be given a chance.

Stuttgart88
21/11/2005, 8:31 AM
For the life of me i really cant see what the problem is with giving this chap a go. He is all out for playing for us and with skill and goals like that i cant see what he should not be given a chance.
Yeah, I agree entirely. I've been able to watch all of the clips now & he really does look to have bags of talent and a natural eye for goal.

livehead1
24/11/2005, 9:36 AM
quote from trundle:
Away from Swansea I have also seen that Reading's Kevin Doyle has been called up to the Republic of Ireland squad - and that really does give me confidence for the future.

It shows that Brian Kerr is looking outside The Premiership and I am hoping that, if I can continue my current form, he will take a look at me.

I would love to play for Ireland, a lot of my family are from there and that is the real reason - I am not merely looking to play international football at any cost.

Northern Ireland has been mentioned to me, and to be honest I haven't even looked into it.

paul_oshea
24/11/2005, 10:28 AM
trundle only went professional when he was 23 didnt he?

how old is that quote or has he not been informed that kerr isnt the manager anymore?

gustavo
24/11/2005, 10:36 AM
quote from trundle:
Away from Swansea I have also seen that Reading's Kevin Doyle has been called up to the Republic of Ireland squad - and that really does give me confidence for the future.

It shows that Brian Kerr is looking outside The Premiership and I am hoping that, if I can continue my current form, he will take a look at me.

I would love to play for Ireland, a lot of my family are from there and that is the real reason - I am not merely looking to play international football at any cost.

Northern Ireland has been mentioned to me, and to be honest I haven't even looked into it.
News Flash to Trundle

Kerr isnt the Irish Manager anymore!

eirebhoy
24/11/2005, 11:14 AM
trundle only went professional when he was 23 didnt he?

how old is that quote or has he not been informed that kerr isnt the manager anymore?
24 and its an old quote. :)

robbie_B
26/11/2005, 4:35 PM
From skysports.com

It was nice to have a bit a of a rest this week as I was not involved in our midweek LDV Vans Trophy victory over Rushden & Diamonds.

I have had a very good time since the last time I spoke to you — grabbing some six goals in the three league games I have played.

That according to my own reckoning is 17 in 16 league games this term, which is very pleasing for me.

I am one of those strikers who always keeps a check on my stats and I like to know exactly where I am.

I was going through the records last week and I saw that I have the second most assists in the league also — which again is a great thing for me knowing that I am also contributing to the rest of the team in more ways than one.

But it is goalscoring that all strikers will be judged upon and because my record is obviously quite good this term — the links with other clubs continue to come.

What can I say? Of course it is nice, especially when you are talking Premiership — but I am not the sort of player who will ask to move or do anything to upset the club.

As I have said I love it here at Swansea and scoring goals, and although it is my ambition to play at the highest level, I will continue giving my all to Swansea until I am told otherwise.

All I can do is just keeping scoring goals, and that is what I intend on doing.

Talking about playing at the highest level, I have high hopes that the new Irish manager — whoever that may be — will take note of what I am doing.

It is still one of my big ambitions to play for Ireland and hopefully a new coach will recognise what I have been doing.

Back at club level we have the busy Christmas period coming up soon and I love this time of year with the games coming thick and fast.

Training is also affected as we rarely have a full session over this period as we barely have time to recover fully before our next match — but I am not complaining.

Because I came into the game late, I relish every game, every season — I am not one of these players looking to get Christmas off and hoping for the games to be postponed so I can have a night out.

But again with our fantastic new Liberty Stadium that virtually guarantees that all our home games at least will be unaffected.

dr_peepee
27/11/2005, 11:48 AM
Jayzus.... With an assist ratio like that on top of his scoring record it would be a crime if he's not a target for a premiership club in January.

Viable options off the top of my head Everton? Chartlon? West Ham maybe?

Sunderland can't afford him, Birmingham aren't scoring but Steve Bruces previous punts on lower division strikers has never paid off. The rest of the premiership seem to have a full compliment of forwards.

Stuttgart88
27/11/2005, 3:59 PM
Listening to WHAM vs MUFC on the radio at the moment & just heard a very relevant stat about Teddy Sherinham.

50 caps for England but only got his first when he was 29.

Again, we have NOTHING whatsoever to lose by getting this guy involved.

SeanieBoy
28/11/2005, 8:10 AM
http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=329099&CPID=11&clid=&lid=2&title=Everton+join+Trundle+hunt

tetsujin1979
28/11/2005, 9:25 AM
The Everton story may have legs, Trundle is on record as saying he's been an Everton fan since he was a boy, and his family are all Everton fans.

dr_peepee
29/11/2005, 7:59 AM
The Trundle thing to me is a case where someone who alway had the abillity but only started to apply it late on. We can all relate because we all went to school with people who were naturally gifted at football. But for whatever reason, generally complacency or just being so blasé about what they had going for them they never take it further. Any time I hear talk from people who grew up playing with Robbie Keane for example the concensus is the same. "He was good, but there was better around. He just worked harder". I good pal of mine in met in college is a close freind of a professional footballer so I do be in his company a few times a year. One comment he made always stuck with me and that was most of the players he played it at his club weren't half as good technically as the people he grew up with that fell away from the game.

Trundle fell into that indifferent period but by the looks of it copped on and turned it around somewhat. He was a late arriver on the professional scene but you can't argue with the facts and every year since he turned pro he's shown a marked improvement in translating his technical abillity to the pitch. He's the first to admit he's still on a learning curve, but he's maxed out at that level now. When he came on the scene a few years ago I felt he was too old to be an asset but the thirst for improvement he's shown changed my opinion and will definately stand to him in the premiership. Too many players feel complete by their mid 20's. I wish Robbie Keane would show the same thirst for improvement and cut certain aspects of his game.

Yes he's 29 but from a footballing point of view he's still a bit to go. He is getting on in real terms though and he's said he won't go to the championship as he reckons he'll be there next season any way. So if a premiership move doesn't happen in January I don't think it ever will.

livehead1
29/11/2005, 10:08 AM
i don't think he needs to be playing in the premiership to be playing for ireland. he offers something a bit different to the weaker strikers that we have. one thing that does stand out is his physique. very strong upper body strength.

also, he may be 29 but the main problem with footballers retiring in their early-mid thirties is because there bodies have normally been through around 16 years of wear and tear as a pro footballer, maybe that is why we still see sheringham and shearer going now.

robbie_B
18/12/2005, 7:26 PM
Trudnle on goals on sunday.

http://www.ribblewhites.net/Swansea/GOS_Trundle.wmv

robbie_B
23/12/2005, 5:45 PM
Toffees come and get me plea
By Adam Marshall - Created on 23 Dec 2005

Swansea City's star striker Lee Trundle has issued a "come and get me" plea to Everton.

The entertaining Swans hit-man has made no secret of his desire to play for his boyhood idols and David Moyes was spotted in the crowd at a recent City game.

"I've never hid the fact from anyone that Everton is my club," he admitted to Sky Sports News.

"If I could choose any club in the world, it would be Everton.

"I'm not going to hide that and think every Swansea fan knows that, if Everton were to come in, I'd have to go because that would be my dream move above anything.

"When I first started playing football, all I wanted to do is score goals. If you're a footballer, I can't see how you want to grow up and be a defender.

"It's about scoring goals, it's what I love doing.

"I like to entertain and enjoy myself when I go out onto the pitch."