PDA

View Full Version : desmond league players.

dutchie
16/11/2005, 12:37 PM
Just looking to know the no. of desmond league players playing with limerick in the last no. of seasons,i know of 3,john mc grath-monagae,keith hartnett-rathkeale,and i think liam costelloe from adare,any more info greatly appreciated.

4tothefloor
16/11/2005, 10:37 PM
john mc grath-monagae
That should be John McGrath - Glantine FC. No soccer team in Monagae, which is GAA heartland. McGrath played all his Desmond League soccer with Glantine, then moved to Corbally, then Belvedere Boys, then Aston Villa......

I'd say the three you've mentioned above are the only three from the Desmond in recent memory.

Westside
17/11/2005, 12:35 AM
Just looking to know the no. of desmond league players playing with limerick in the last no. of seasons,i know of 3,john mc grath-monagae,keith hartnett-rathkeale,and i think liam costelloe from adare,any more info greatly appreciated.Barry Culhane played in Rathkeale's central defence last season is with Janesboro this season, dunno if he is getting games with them though don't follow junior soccer in the city..

dutchie
17/11/2005, 7:06 AM
Im looking for players that played with limerick fc.not limerick district

sadloserkid
17/11/2005, 7:15 PM
Derek McCarthy maybe? Where did he play underage? Kilfinane Forest had him at one point I know...

4tothefloor
19/11/2005, 10:20 PM
Derek McCarthy maybe? Where did he play underage? Kilfinane Forest had him at one point I know...
No, Derek would have played in the Limerick County Schoolboys League if he played with Kilfinane, against the likes of Charleville, Kilmallock etc. The Desmond is West Limerick.