PDA

View Full Version : Rovers ultras friday night

anto eile
15/11/2005, 6:46 PM
http://www.aimoo.com/forum/postview.cfm?id=606830&CategoryID=362984&startcat=1&ThreadID=2326018

download the video of the display here.
its f.cking deadly

A face
15/11/2005, 6:55 PM
http://www.aimoo.com/forum/postview.cfm?id=606830&CategoryID=362984&startcat=1&ThreadID=2326018

download the video of the display here.
its f.cking deadly

No can do .... it just anit happening .... they is looking for passwords and stuff !!

anto eile
15/11/2005, 7:00 PM
http://dl1.rapidshare.de/files/7585758/214597857/Ultras_Friday.mov
try this then

A face
15/11/2005, 7:15 PM
Sweet ... any pics of it ??

mchurl
15/11/2005, 8:39 PM
quality:p

RonnieB
15/11/2005, 8:41 PM
Saw a bit of it on EL weekly, looked great then and better now. Fair play to them they do create a good atmospheare with the display of flares and tifo flags. Would love to see summit like that up here.

Buller
15/11/2005, 8:59 PM
Excellent!!!
And thats the same club most people on foot.ie are voting that they'd like to be replaced by the likes of dublin city in the premier... :mad: sounds strange doesn't it?! :rolleyes:

Conor H
15/11/2005, 9:06 PM
What do ya click on to get it?:confused: :o

joeraki
15/11/2005, 9:14 PM
What do ya click on to get it?:confused: :o

Click on "Free". Then wait 15/20 secs on the next page until it asks you "Download: Ultras_Friday.mov"

Conor H
15/11/2005, 9:21 PM
Ya did that but it aint working for some reason....passwords etc.:mad:

joeraki
15/11/2005, 9:23 PM
Ya did that but it aint working for some reason....passwords etc.:mad:

On this link ?

sligoman
15/11/2005, 9:23 PM
its f.cking deadlySure is, and it will continue to look deadly in the first division;):D.

dfx-
15/11/2005, 9:38 PM
Sure is, and it will continue to look deadly in the first division.

Perhaps coming to a Magic Moo near you...?:rolleyes: :D

Conor H
15/11/2005, 9:43 PM
On this link ?

Ya dunno what it is.It will download but won't play.:rolleyes:
Ah well!

Ringo
16/11/2005, 5:47 AM
Sure is, and it will continue to look deadly in the first division;):D.

LOL. :D

is it not illegal & dangerous. Do rovers get fined for it?

Passive
16/11/2005, 9:44 AM

Don't go there Ringo, you'll only get Roverstillidie started about football culture again
;)

NY Hoop
16/11/2005, 11:46 AM

Put it this way we had more flares than you have fans. See you next tuesday. We'll reserve the shed for you:D

KOH

Dazzy
16/11/2005, 11:58 AM
Great display!

Now NY Hoop would that be Fine for 1 flare x 10 :D

Would love it myself if we can get those flags in red n white for next season for away games.

monkey magic
16/11/2005, 11:59 AM
that is class.

i said it in the other thread and illl say it again, the prem div would be worse off without rovers.

i take it this kinda thing is organised? surely ye dont just all turn up, and all happen to be sitting together with flasgs and flares??

NY Hoop
16/11/2005, 12:52 PM
that is class.

i said it in the other thread and illl say it again, the prem div would be worse off without rovers.

i take it this kinda thing is organised? surely ye dont just all turn up, and all happen to be sitting together with flasgs and flares??

Take a wild guess:D

KOH

manic da hoop
16/11/2005, 12:56 PM
Jesus Christ, if this is the way fans of other clubs think how these things get done no wonder we're head and shoulders above the rest!

monkey magic
16/11/2005, 2:47 PM
point taken.

bigmac
16/11/2005, 2:53 PM
Love hearing those chants as well

United! United!... :D

Buller
16/11/2005, 4:29 PM
Ya dunno what it is.It will download but won't play.:rolleyes:
Ah well!
You need to download the new free quicktime 7, that should do the trick...

soylent green
16/11/2005, 5:42 PM
http://www.srfcultras.net/season2005/waford/waford.html

Bosco
16/11/2005, 10:37 PM
Class!Presume there'll be another one for the play-offs,hope to be there myself to see it

Poor Student
16/11/2005, 10:52 PM
Am I the only one who thinks whatever fan and football culture we have is an imitation of foreign fans? Rovers display looked good, yeah, but isn't it only a carbon copy of Italian so called "tifiosi"? Rovers fans also seem to be particularly proud of the fact they were first to copy this from abroad. Many often complain about people watching the EPL etc. However I feel a lot of our chants are simply rehashed copies of ones from England often reflecting what is flavour of the month there. In fact I've noticed some clubs over there expressing a desire to copy Italian tifiosi at the moment. 10 out of 10 for imitation for the Rovers fans.

bigmac
16/11/2005, 11:47 PM
Am I the only one who thinks whatever fan and football culture we have is an imitation of foreign fans?

No (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=372332&postcount=103) you're not the only one.
I totally agree, and while it doesn't bother me, I think it's a bit rich to be calling it a "culture" when it's just copying from other countries.

thomas
16/11/2005, 11:52 PM
Am I the only one who thinks whatever fan and football culture we have is an imitation of foreign fans? Rovers display looked good, yeah, but isn't it only a carbon copy of Italian so called "tifiosi"? Rovers fans also seem to be particularly proud of the fact they were first to copy this from abroad. Many often complain about people watching the EPL etc. However I feel a lot of our chants are simply rehashed copies of ones from England often reflecting what is flavour of the month there. In fact I've noticed some clubs over there expressing a desire to copy Italian tifiosi at the moment. 10 out of 10 for imitation for the Rovers fans.

Ignoring the clear wind up sentiment in this, the whole point of setting up the ultras (hint, ultras = a term used by spanish and italian fans) was to copy the italian style support which is a lot more exciting and colourful than what happened before in this country.

Funny that about the songs too, especially since we have the same language n all that good stuff.

Brief History lesson, Hajduk Split formed the first ultras group in europe having seen how the brazilians brought a carnival atmosphere to games. The copying has continued in earnest ever since.

Frankfurt Hoop
17/11/2005, 8:26 AM

Hard to get this type of thing going in Belfield?

BTW, what is the latest fan initiative down in UCD?

Drumcondra Red
17/11/2005, 8:37 AM
that is class.

Oh good god!!!

BTW, its called a culture, because it is the culture of football fans, not of a bleedin' country!!!

fbtn
17/11/2005, 1:57 PM
Wow!

That is cool as f**k. :D

So what where people get their ideas, if every eircom League game looked like that it would take little marketing to get people off their barstools.

Passive
17/11/2005, 3:49 PM
It's not copying from the Italians or from anyone else. Ultras exist in loads of countries, it's not a case of one country staking claim. As someone said, it's a general football culture that is non-specific to a country.

As for chants, go to a game in Italy or Spain etc. and you'll hear the same tunes as you hear in England/Ireland/Scotland everyweek. Football fans the world over have the same tunes and same songs but in different languages!

Classic example: I went to the Anderlecht v Brugges game a few weeks ago and the most popular Anderlecht chant is "FC Brussels run away, FC Brussels run away". Couldn't believe it!

monkey magic
17/11/2005, 3:58 PM
Oh good god!!!

BTW, its called a culture, because it is the culture of football fans, not of a bleedin' country!!!

whats your point?? your post makes no sense?? if yer gonna start lecturin me on fan culture, stop there. you support shels.

joeraki
17/11/2005, 4:07 PM
whats your point?? your post makes no sense?? if yer gonna start lecturin me on fan culture, stop there. you support shels.

I think that reply was aimed rightly at poor student and he quoted you by mistake

Jaime
17/11/2005, 4:11 PM
I think that reply was aimed rightly at poor student and he quoted you by mistake

Funny how the leader of the SRFC Ultras hasn't commented on this thread.

monkey magic
17/11/2005, 4:12 PM
did anyone tell him he can EDIT a post

Jaime
17/11/2005, 4:13 PM
did anyone tell him he can EDIT a post
Doesn't have time, he has a lot more important things to be organising these days than displays.

WeAreRovers
17/11/2005, 4:17 PM
Doesn't have time, he has a lot more important things to be organising these days than displays.

Do you want a big stick to help with your stirring? ;)

KOH

thomas
17/11/2005, 6:22 PM
Do you want a big stick to help with your stirring? ;)

KOH

He'll have a tough time getting it off Herr Leader.

pineapple stu
17/11/2005, 6:26 PM
Hard to get this type of thing going in Belfield?

BTW, what is the latest fan initiative down in UCD?
That's relevant how?