PDA

View Full Version : Brighton to move for Jason Byrne?

MrJoeSoap
15/11/2005, 5:32 PM
Just got it in an o2 Text Alert.

"Brighton could make a move for Shelbourne striker Jason Byrne in January after it emerged the Brighton manager Mark McGhee has travelled to watch him."

By no means conclusive but worrying nonetheless. With Kevin Doyle, some of the other stories on here and now this, it really seems the eL has finally been "found out" by the English Championship! :mad:

SPXcyan
15/11/2005, 5:37 PM
This would be a good move for Jason.. but I can't stand watching the leagues top players leave the league:(

Raheny Red
15/11/2005, 5:57 PM
I think Jayo would jump at the chance of going over since Kevin Doyle got called into the Irish squad after 4 goals.

A face
15/11/2005, 6:12 PM
For the record .... i actually dont mind players going just as long as it is not in the middle of a season and we get proper money for them !!

thejollyrodger
15/11/2005, 6:18 PM
no way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and found out means you were found out like an imposter;) )

dcfcsteve
15/11/2005, 6:30 PM
For the record .... i actually dont mind players going just as long as it is not in the middle of a season and we get proper money for them !!

Here, here !

You can't blame a player for moving to a bigger shop window and/or for more money.

It's better than havng them going straight to England as kids, and the EL getting nothing at all from them.

If more EL players quickly make the grade in England, it'll send out a strong signal about the quality of our product.

As long as our clubs start demanding proper money, I can only see good from this (especially if you're not a Shels fan.... :D ).

A face
15/11/2005, 6:44 PM
This league and football all over the country need to sort the youth policies out .... the longer this is put off for, the less likely this league will progress.

We will get the sh!te end of the stick 90% of the time ... there are gapping holes in the whole systems and it needs sorting soon !!

eirebhoy
15/11/2005, 7:01 PM
There was me thinking Ndo put in a man of the match display so he'd have made a bid for him. Any excuse to get at Kerr. :rolleyes:

Risteard
15/11/2005, 8:22 PM
With Kevin Doyle, some of the other stories on here and now this, it really seems the eL has finally been "found out" by the English Championship! :mad:

Think you could be right.
But i wouldn't expect Ollie to be ripped off here at all.
Think Shels are the only club who are paying their best players what they'd be getting in the championship or old third division.

mchurl
15/11/2005, 8:34 PM
jayo would be a success over there i reckon but shels would have to make sure the deal is right for them first

ccfcgirl
15/11/2005, 8:37 PM
I dont think this would be a good move for Jason Byrne at all or Eircom League for that matter.

Dyl10
15/11/2005, 10:47 PM
I would have my doubts over jayo makin it in the championship I dont know if he would be up to it

Passive
16/11/2005, 9:48 AM
Years ago, I remember being at a Rovers v Bray game when Byrne was still plying his trade in darkest Wicklow and a Bray fan telling me that QPR had tried to sign him but Byrne wanted to stay in Ireland. Not sure how true it was though.

pete
16/11/2005, 11:06 AM
Brighton are a small enough Championship club & with the rumours what he being paid at Shels i'd be surprised if they could even match his salary. IMO brighton would be a bad move as they have little chance at promotion in the short term whereas Reading have some of the best facilities in that division.

How much would shels be looking for in cash & how much is he realistically worth?

monkey magic
16/11/2005, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE=pete] IMO brighton would be a bad move as they have little chance at promotion in the short term
QUOTE]

or in the long term! if anything they're the perennial relegation battlers in that division, it could be a disastorus move for him if he were to move from champoins league football to coca cola league 1:eek:

reading as you pointed out are a totally different scenario

drinkfeckarse
16/11/2005, 11:28 AM
How much would shels be looking for in cash & how much is he realistically worth?

EUR250,000 maybe?? With add on clauses??

Roo69
16/11/2005, 11:32 AM
Just got it in an o2 Text Alert.

"Brighton could make a move for Shelbourne striker Jason Byrne in January after it emerged the Brighton manager Mark McGhee has travelled to watch him."

By no means conclusive but worrying nonetheless. With Kevin Doyle, some of the other stories on here and now this, it really seems the eL has finally been "found out" by the English Championship! :mad:

It's not a surprise really, he's been the top scorer in the eL for the past 3/4 seasons, just surprised that it's taken so long, although we knocked back advances from Aberdeen, QPR and Tranmere when he was with us.

And on the note of eL players moving over toi England, Conor Sinnott who was with us has signed for Reading until the end of the season after a successful 2 week trial according to yesterdays Mirror.

KK77
16/11/2005, 2:01 PM
Would eb shocked if Brighton follow up their supposed interest in Byrne.

Slash/ED
16/11/2005, 4:27 PM
250,000!? Not a chance for that. Anyway...

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=200

Not the words of a man bending over backwards to secure a move to Brighton I think you'll agree :)

"The first I heard was a phone call from my wife who saw it mentioned in the evening paper on Tuesday night. I’ve heard nothing from them and sure there’d be no point in me going over there. For what? I’m still a Shels players and I’m looking forward to playing in Europe with Shels for a few seasons yet"

pete
16/11/2005, 5:24 PM
I’m still a Shels players and I’m looking forward to playing in Europe with Shels for a few seasons yet[/b]"

Inter Toto next season hopefully not because I hate Shels but because will mean we have won the league.

ColinR
16/11/2005, 5:51 PM
Inter Toto next season hopefully not because I hate Shels but because will mean we have won the league.

or we have won the cup ;)

Stevo Da Gull
16/11/2005, 7:38 PM
If Jayo were to go I reckon he'd defo cut it over there, he's got the talent anyway. Looks like he'll stay though, great news for Shels fans and all involved with the league, unfortunately for Jayo staying here is highly damaging to his international prospects:(

What ever happened to all the talk of bringing back B Internationals? Surely if EL players showed their worth in those matches then they would have to be considered for the full team:confused:

Bald Student
16/11/2005, 8:04 PM
What ever happened to all the talk of bringing back B Internationals? Surely if EL players showed their worth in those matches then they would have to be considered for the full team:confused:I dinno, showing your worth in U21 internationals isn't enough.