PDA

View Full Version : EL Match fix

hoops1
15/11/2005, 3:29 PM
Lads im not trying to cause mischief here
But think of this
There is talk of Keely leaving and going to Newry when he
finishes the season.
Now who is his right hand man going to be?.
Yes John Gill
Dublin City are playing Athlone last day
Now will Keely be in a stronger contract negotiating
position if DC are in the play offs? you bet
Gill and Keely could both be in a better positon with a DC victory
Now if Athlone give fringe players and young lads a run against DC
You heard here first the reasons why.

Make up your own minds about conflict of interests!

Sheridan
15/11/2005, 4:02 PM
Short memory, Rogue Trader? Forgotten the incident which might have soured Giller's attitude towards Sligo?

Leaving aside for a moment the arrant nonsense which pervaded the original post (for one thing, if and when Keely decamps to Newry, he'll almost certainly employ Gareth Cronin as his assistant) IF we beat Athlone, I don't see any conspicuous necessity for a stewards' inquiry, considering our 100% record against them thus far....

Giller is a proud man to whom every defeat is felt as keenly as a rapier wound. To answer your question concerning our last meeting with Athlone, we squeaked it 1-0 with Giller employing a five-man forward line for the last ten minutes...

Must say that thread title is misleading, inflammatory and possibly libellous.

atfconline
15/11/2005, 4:13 PM
In terms of Gill and Keely being good mates i would say your spot on ! Gill did break his balls against us and twice came out and spoke against us strongly and said that Dublin City were by far the best team in the league and how Dublin City would win the league ! I think he is a W*****R. How did the other games go this season i wonder ?

I like how you add in your own little bits about Dublin City. John Gill's comments following our 0 - 0 draw with Sligo earlier in the season:

"athlonetownfc.com caught up with Town boss John Gill after the game and asked him whether he was happy to draw with the League leaders, or disappointed not to take all three points.

"I'm disappointed with the result to be honest, I thought we could have got the three points. I'm disappointed with them as League leaders. They were very one dimensional, long ball forward. I was very disappointed with their behaviour that time when Graeme O'Keeffe went down injured and they wouldn't put the ball out.

"There was an air of arrogance about them which I don't like. In this game you've got to roll your sleeves up and show a bit of heart. They didn't show that tonight, and they showed a lack of respect to my players I felt saying that he wasn't injured. Graeme has had to come off with a hamstring injury. Wouldn't put a ball out? They had nothing about them. If they keep playing like that they'll win nothing. And again I don't care if these words come back to haunt me up at the Showgrounds in the second last game of the season. I'm not worried about that.

"If we keep playing like we did there tonight, not many teams will turn us over. We'll make ourselves hard to beat. I think that was an excellent performance in those conditions and I tell you we created the better chances, Tom Silke and Alan O'Connor two great chances.

"I'm very happy with the way they showed a lot of mettle. I asked them before the game did they have any pride, in the jersey, in the Club and in themselves. Every man from 1 to 16 showed that they had."

Sheridan
15/11/2005, 4:16 PM
I must have could you please remind me Sheridan ?
Dublin City vs. Sligo, Whitehall, July 2003. City are leading 1-0 when Ollie Keogh, recently introduced as a sub, lunges shin-high at Paul Crowley a good five seconds after he releases a pass. This incident occurred directly in front of both benches and precipitated a fracas involving all 22 players and most of the technical staff. Giller and DO'R were both banished to the stand, and Giller later cited for headbutting. Although DO'R was perfectly aware than no headbutt had occurred, he ignored repeated entreaties to testify to that effect and Gill was saddled with a four-month touchline ban.

He's never held Sligo in particularly high esteem since...

ConfusedBlue
15/11/2005, 4:22 PM
But think of this
finishes the season.
Yes John Gill

Christ you're beginning to sound like Cork fans now,watch out for that insane paranoia setting in!!!!

Comic Book Guy
15/11/2005, 7:27 PM
Not what I wanted to hear, but correct me if I'm wrong, did John Gill get the sack from Dublin City the year they won promotion?
If I'm right then maybe he will be all out to scupper Dublin City.
Also while we are clutching at straws, I have a copy of Athlone's programme for our game against Ramblers, in it he (John Gill) praises Ramblers efforts against teams with a bigger budget. I thought it might have been a latent dig at Dublin City?
Either way Athlone, please please do us a favour on Saturday night.

Battery Rover
15/11/2005, 7:54 PM
How did the other games go this season i wonder ?

MANAGER STEPHEN KELLY
06/05/05 Dublin City 1 - 0 Athlone Town (Robbie Collins 36)

CARETAKER MANAGER PADDY REILLY
15/07/05 Athlone Town 0 - 2 Dublin City (Philip Gorman 10, David McGill 30)

MANAGER JOHN GILL
Dublin City 1 - 0 Athlone Town (David Freeman 77) And as Sheridan said for the last 10 minutes of this match we went 5 up front

And as for the result on Saturday. There are a lot of local lads on this team and they have to face us on the streets everyday. So no one tell me that any Athlone player will give less than 100%.

You will find that our team will be virtually identical to the team that played Sligo on Saturday other than Stephen Gavin who is suspended and Graeme O'Keefe who is out with ligament damage sustained last week in Sligo. After Des Hope doing the same as O'Keefe against Kilkenny thats 2 centre halfs in 2weeks. Anthony Flood will be back from suspension So we have a striker on a bit of form with us as well.

DC will be lucky get away from Athlone with anything.

patsh
15/11/2005, 8:48 PM
Christ you're beginning to sound like Cork fans now,watch out for that insane paranoia setting in!!!!
It's already arrived...:rolleyes:

Ringo
16/11/2005, 5:37 AM
i'd expect nothing but 100% from The Athlone team

Ringo
16/11/2005, 5:51 AM
But think of this
finishes the season.
Yes John Gill

Notice you posted this in the cobh forum as well. grow up.:rolleyes:

hoops1
16/11/2005, 9:01 AM
so what if i did
i think they should be made aware of it as much as anyone
they will be most affected by anything less than 100 percent
honesty and effort from both sides

bigmac
16/11/2005, 12:49 PM
also, rumours are that Shams are going to play a weakened team against UCD in the final league match! If UCD win then Waterford won't be able to overtake them in the table, whereas if Rovers were to beat UCD, Waterford could finish as high as 8th! It's obviously a Dublin conspiracy!

Ringo
16/11/2005, 12:50 PM
so what if i did
i think they should be made aware of it as much as anyone
they will be most affected by anything less than 100 percent
honesty and effort from both sides

LOL , a rovers fan talking about honesty

Ringo
16/11/2005, 12:58 PM
But think of this
finishes the season.
Yes John Gill

i now note you've post this same crap on three different threads.:rolleyes:

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=31349
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=31041
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=31350

hoops1
16/11/2005, 1:08 PM
and your point being?
i happen to think that this is a very serious matter
it is now open to other foot users to make up thier own minds

Ringo
16/11/2005, 1:12 PM
and your point being?
i happen to think that this is a very serious matter
it is now open to other foot users to make up thier own minds
trying to get you post count up:rolleyes:

NY Hoop
16/11/2005, 1:33 PM
Funniest thread of the day:D :D :D

Good luck to Athlone friday. A proper club.

KOH