PDA

View Full Version : Think of this Cobh fans

hoops1
15/11/2005, 2:57 PM
Lads im not trying to cause mischief here
But think of this
There is talk of Keely leaving and going to Newry when he
finishes the season.
Now who is his right hand man going to be?.
Yes John Gill
Dublin City are playing Athlone last day
Now will Keely be in a stronger contract negotiating
position if DC are in the play offs? you bet
Now if Athlone give fringe players and young lads a run against DC
You heard here first the reasons why.
Make up your own minds about conflict of interests!

nismo
15/11/2005, 4:13 PM
true..

Comic Book Guy
15/11/2005, 7:23 PM
Not what I wanted to hear, but correct me if I'm wrong, did John Gill get the sack from Dublin City the year they won promotion?
If I'm right then maybe he will be all out to scupper Dublin City.
Also while we are clutching at straws, I have a copy of Athlone's programme for our game against Ramblers, in it he (John Gill) praises Ramblers efforts against teams with a bigger budget. I thought it might have been a latent dig at Dublin City?
Either way Athlone, please please:D do us a favour on Saturday night.

The Stars
15/11/2005, 8:26 PM
they will be lucky to get a point.

sligoman
15/11/2005, 8:29 PM
Either way Athlone, please please:D do us a favour on Saturday night.Dont forget it's not just Athlone you need to win;)

Conor H
16/11/2005, 6:45 PM
Dont forget it's not just Athlone you need to win;)
Exactly Sligoman....they seem to be forgetting they're playing the form team of the league,who have scored 6 goals in their last 2 games.
It will be my first time in cobh the next night and i can only see us winning it...and by one or two goals at that.;)

rammie
16/11/2005, 9:40 PM
Yeah, Galway are flying it at the moment and it will take a tremendous effort to get the better of Galway.
It's one we have to win just incase Athlone do us a big favour...
Fingers Crossed...
Conor H can ye do anything for us ;)

exiled_gufc_fan
16/11/2005, 10:12 PM

Go all out for the 4 goal margin that would see us overtake ye in the league? ;) The prize money is at stake!!

Conor H
17/11/2005, 3:44 PM
Eh....No.Sorry!:D

Comic Book Guy
17/11/2005, 5:02 PM
Exactly Sligoman....they seem to be forgetting they're playing the form team of the league,who have scored 6 goals in their last 2 games.
It will be my first time in cobh the next night and i can only see us winning it...and by one or two goals at that.;)

Is it only me or do I detect more than a hint of arrogance from Galway fans here, I think our players should be a bit more relaxed than of late, Ramblers to win by 2-0.:D

Terry
18/11/2005, 7:30 AM
Well Rammie, we are missing 3 or 4 from our starting line up but thats the only thing that we can do for ye! Our players contracts are all up bar 1 or 2 so they'll be playing for new ones !!!

On the other hand the players would much rather be going up to dublin rather than making the track down to cobh next season so you'll never know !!;)

nismo
18/11/2005, 4:02 PM
well with the addition of roy keane to our squad tomorro boosts our hopes..looks like were goona beat ye lads!

Conor H
18/11/2005, 4:04 PM
Nah Mixie Harty will put him in his pocket!:p

galwaygirl
18/11/2005, 4:11 PM
Nah Mixie Harty will put him in his pocket!:p
Mixie's a small enough lad Conor, dont think his pockets would be big enough to hold Keano:D

Conor H
18/11/2005, 4:12 PM
Mixie's a small enough lad Conor, dont think his pockets would be big enough to hold Keano:D
:D :D

sligoman
19/11/2005, 11:16 PM
i can only see us winning it...and by one or two goals at that.:rolleyes:.

Now Mr. Cocky head, care to comment on what went wrong?:confused: :p.

Conor H
20/11/2005, 9:37 AM
Missed 2 glorious chances at the end.;)

Comic Book Guy
20/11/2005, 12:21 PM
so did we, thought your goal looked well offside too

Conor H
20/11/2005, 12:29 PM
so did we, thought your goal looked well offside too
Never offside.What do ya think the attendance was last night?I thought it was very low for a promotion chasing side.

Comic Book Guy
20/11/2005, 4:35 PM
Reckon about 450 to 500. Think those who stayed away gave them no chance

SligoBrewer
20/11/2005, 7:55 PM
400 -500 for a promotion chasing side! thats laughable! but then again ... look at home farm

rammie
20/11/2005, 10:37 PM
Conor H ... if the team performed half as good as ye did last night ye'd of hammered us...... what were ye on? it was the best away performance by supporters seen at St. Colemans park in a long time... fair play to ye lot, ye never stopped except for a reload at half -time.
see ye next year

Conor H
21/11/2005, 3:38 PM
Thanks Rammie.We were good the last night and really enjoyed Cobh.We always sing for pretty much the whole game whrn we get our harcore at games and Cobh was no exception.
See yee next year!

galwaygirl
22/11/2005, 8:34 AM
... if the team performed half as good as ye did last night ye'd of hammered us...... what were ye on? it was the best away performance by supporters seen at St. Colemans park in a long time... fair play to ye lot, ye never stopped except for a reload at half -time.
see ye next year
Cheers rammie and we had a good nite out in Cobh after the match as well :D see ye next year

drinkfeckarse
23/11/2005, 1:14 PM
St. Colemans park

St Colmans...........a bit picky I know:) :o

rammie
24/11/2005, 11:43 AM
yep, I hang my head in shame, took my eye off the ball on that one:o