PDA

View Full Version : Shels offer to Greg O' Halloran

Risteard
15/11/2005, 2:33 PM
On official websitehttp://corkcityfc.ie/home.htm

pete
15/11/2005, 2:36 PM
Very surprised the official site put that up given the week that it is 'n all.

I'd also be surprised if Greg left to become squad player in another club.

Risteard
15/11/2005, 3:04 PM
Maybe Noel Spillthebeans got it first so they just said they might asell announce it on the site.
http://www.eecho.ie/pdf/back.pdf

Roverstillidie
15/11/2005, 3:12 PM
i recall this little snake being a signed, sealed and delivered hoop a few years back before he threw a tantrum and demanded we rip up his contract and registration because his mot didnt want to move to Dublin.
shels and he will be suited.
or maybe the little ***** is using the most important of weeks to squeeze lennox for a few more quid. hope is blows up in his face either way.

tiktok
15/11/2005, 3:26 PM
i recall this little snake being a signed, sealed and delivered hoop a few years back before he threw a tantrum and demanded we rip up his contract and registration because his mot didnt want to move to Dublin.

Wasn't it because you couldn't actually afford to pay him his wages?????

A face
15/11/2005, 3:33 PM
What ever it is .... it is definitely bad timing and who ever approached the paper should really come out and give some answers.

Hard to believe that any of the management would try something like this, and Greg has done it before, in actual fact i cant remember if Greg ever had an issue where he didn't go to the paper ??

If it is Greg .... then i say get rid .... this kind of behaviour is well out of order. It was alright a few years back, before Longford as he was still young .... he now knows better and should be copping himself on.

Roverstillidie
15/11/2005, 3:43 PM
Wasn't it because you couldn't actually afford to pay him his wages?????

then why sign in the first place?

wasnt an issue at the time if i recall correctly.

A face
15/11/2005, 3:47 PM
then why sign in the first place?

wasnt an issue at the time if i recall correctly.

Thats actually what the word was leeside at the time .... but it would be past Greg to behave like you said.

Roverstillidie
15/11/2005, 3:54 PM
Thats actually what the word was leeside at the time .... but it would be past Greg to behave like you said.

thats interesting. he was at a rovers home game in richmond park as a new signing and meeting the players during the pre match stuff. at half time he had some form of mickey fit after agreeing terms and conditions and signing all the forms, stormed off to tolka or dalymount (we were playing at 7 that season) where cork were playing and asked forgiveness from cork management.
caused murder as he was a rovers player, but for once mcliar did the decent thing and let him off the hook.
lack of money was never mentioned this end.

pete
15/11/2005, 4:02 PM
thats interesting. he was at a rovers home game in richmond park as a new signing and meeting the players during the pre match stuff. at half time he had some form of mickey fit after agreeing terms and conditions and signing all the forms, stormed off to tolka or dalymount (we were playing at 7 that season) where cork were playing and asked forgiveness from cork management.
caused murder as he was a rovers player, but for once mcliar did the decent thing and let him off the hook.
lack of money was never mentioned this end.

Sounds about right. I think he got scared when say ye only had 500-1000 home fans & maybe feared for security of his contract.

The article in the Echo reads like preview for friday & maybe Greg got lead into making innocent statement that bloown out of proportion by Spillane - he has done it before. The Echo are official club sponsor too but that not stopped them before.

Troy.McClure
15/11/2005, 4:32 PM
TAlk about a storm in a tea cup! Might as well just come out and say it instead of having roumers flying around the place. If he wanted to squeeze teh club he'd atlk to SHels first and then come back, but he seems to be putting them on the longer finger and sorting it out after teh Derry match, which is fair enough.

A face
15/11/2005, 5:51 PM
Look could he not have done this next week it seems like bad timing to me ! Or did he have to go to the press ? Unless something was leaked Dont know ! I would not be happy if it happened at my club !

Exactly ... someone is responsible and it is bang out of order !!

What were they thinking ?? :eek: :(

Colm
15/11/2005, 7:38 PM
Do City not have a PR man ?

:D :D

For some bizarre reason that none of us understand we don't actually have any PRO. God knows we could have done with one this season especially with the never ending controversies.

joeSoap
16/11/2005, 11:49 AM
See here (http://www.breakingnews.ie/2005/11/16/story230484.html)

pete
16/11/2005, 11:53 AM
Threads merged & moved to Cork City section.