PDA

View Full Version : uefa cup

eoinh
08/05/2002, 10:27 PM
below are the seeding for the uefa cup and who irish teams can meet
http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seeduc2002.html

Jim Murtha
09/05/2002, 4:29 AM
I for one hope that we (Dundalk) can get Livingstone in our match. They should travel in numbers and the return trip won't break the bank and we should be able to hold our own. Another club would be TNS out of Wales. I know other supporters would like to travel, but from a practical end of things.

pete
09/05/2002, 10:59 AM
With early start to the season lets hope both teams will have a chance at progressing. Pick of the seeds could be the scottish teams oe even our friends from Latvia Metalurgs Liepaja which Dundalk or Rovers could easily beat.

As shown by how high the eL clubs are in the unseeded list another couple of good seasons could see eL clubs seeded in the qualifying round. Then we could look forward to playing teams from andorra, the faroes or san marino.

btw can't play the welsh as they unseeded too.

Éanna
09/05/2002, 12:36 PM
our friends from Metalurgs are in the unknown seeding bracket. Their co-efficient is much higher than rovers or dundalk 4.5 as opposed to 1.6. Surprising considering how crap they looked- I know they beat us, but they were very poor, and I'd fancy Bohs or Shels to put them out easily enough.

pete
09/05/2002, 1:34 PM
I think metalurgs are unknown as a few teams to qualify for the uefa cup yet which could decide where metalurgs end up. Metalurgs were one of poorest teams city played in europe in recent seasons.

Incidently if bohs had won the cup final they at 3.5 or 3.6 ranking points would have outside (if unlikely) chance of getting a seeded spot.

eL ranked 37th at the moment - on brief looking at countires list i predict we be 35th at end of next season as 2 countrues ahead of us had very good seasons 5 years ago & will be loosing those ranking points next year.

Pablo
09/05/2002, 2:00 PM
is it for definate so that Pats are in the Inter Tayto?

Troy.McClure
10/05/2002, 1:50 PM
If Shels are confirmed as the Champions, then yes, if not then its Rovers who are the lucky ones to play in the Inter Toto Cup

Shelsman
14/05/2002, 1:31 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
but they were very poor, and I'd fancy Bohs or Shels to put them out easily enough.

City were even poorer!

btw Shels and Bohs won't be competing in the UEFA cup this season !!! :rolleyes:

Éanna
15/05/2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Shelsman
City were even poorer!

btw Shels and Bohs won't be competing in the UEFA cup this season !!! :rolleyes:
Well aware of all of that.:rolleyes: