PDA

View Full Version : Faithful Shed

Grasshopper 99
15/11/2005, 8:50 AM
Been told lately that our faithfull shed is planned to be taken down, (Probably not true)after being there for over sixty years. No planning permission is needed to redevelope it as we are replacing an existing building. This will then become a new covered seating stand, what will this stand look like, due to the dugouts being so high? Will it be a longer version of Monaghans seated stand??:confused:

Anyone else hear anything about this??:confused: :confused:

BrayZil
15/11/2005, 9:10 AM
Yea that’s all true. The shed is going to be pulled down and a new stand put in place with seats in it. The club have met with Architects and hope to start work ASAP. I haven’t seen the plans myself but I doubt it will be anything like Monaghans.

Grasshopper 99
15/11/2005, 9:14 AM
Yea that’s all true. The shed is going to be pulled down and a new stand put in place with seats in it. The club have met with Architects and hope to start work ASAP. I haven’t seen the plans myself but I doubt it will be anything like Monaghans.

Thought it might have to be, so you can see over the dugouts, cant wait though, something to look forward too.:) :) :)

BrayZil
15/11/2005, 9:17 AM
Thought it might have to be, so you can see over the dugouts, cant wait though, something to look forward too.:) :) :)

Yea I know what you mean. Maybe they'll move the dugouts??? At least its a step in the right direction anyway. It's long overdue a makeover.

Grasshopper 99
15/11/2005, 9:21 AM
Yea I know what you mean. Maybe they'll move the dugouts??? At least its a step in the right direction anyway. It's long overdue a makeover.

long time waiting all right. Should be interesting.

mchurl
15/11/2005, 10:04 AM
any definite dates on when work is due to start?

superfrank
15/11/2005, 10:34 AM
Sad days. So the Bohs match will be the last one I made in the Shed?? Nice way to end it I suppose. I bet you're raging you missed that match now Grashopper?

Also, what am I going to do about my location?

KK77
15/11/2005, 10:41 AM
I'll believe it when i see it!

Seagull
15/11/2005, 5:07 PM
Wasn't there something in the programme about putting concrete terracing on 'loose' areas of ground- that's just the shed, isn't it? Hopefully they'll do it like the far side (but leave the shed itself intact) with a view to putting seats in at a later stage. There was also a mention of some cover for the seated area...

Grasshopper 99
15/11/2005, 5:58 PM
Wasn't there something in the programme about putting concrete terracing on 'loose' areas of ground- that's just the shed, isn't it? Hopefully they'll do it like the far side (but leave the shed itself intact) with a view to putting seats in at a later stage. There was also a mention of some cover for the seated area...

As far as i know, that is behind the goal on the grass bank.

geg124
18/11/2005, 9:47 AM
The main thing they should do is cover the seating area first and then biuld a stand were the shed is so there is a place to go while there is no shed if it is raining.

Sad to see the shed going but if it improves the ground and helps the club so be it

dublinwanderer
30/11/2005, 12:51 PM
any news? is the shed going going gone or is it gone? any confirmed dates? or is it lkie everything else at the club all talk

Seagull
30/11/2005, 3:30 PM
According to today's Bray People they're putting in an extra 500 seats but it doesn't seem to be decided yet where they'll go. I guess a roof for the seated area is still as far away as ever. They're putting in cctv to keep an eye on the Bohs scum too. Maybe get a few Tasers too...

centre mid
30/11/2005, 5:04 PM
Have to say i'm not sad to see the shed go, cant remember the number of times i've tripped up while trying to watch the match and get to my position,

superfrank
30/11/2005, 7:21 PM
It's still styanding anyway. I saw it yesterday.

mchurl
07/12/2005, 10:48 AM
will they build a new stand where the shed is and build the dugouts in the stand?

KR's Post
14/12/2005, 11:40 AM

No doubt i'll be standing aswell! Never sit down at a match unless it is a necessity! What did you see SF?

KR's Post
14/12/2005, 11:40 AM

No doubt i'll be standing aswell! Never sit down at a match unless it is a necessity! What did you see SF? {EDIT} Oh the shed, sorry i mis read your message!

Hulsey
15/12/2005, 11:29 AM
No doubt i'll be standing aswell! Never sit down at a match unless it is a necessity! What did you see SF? {EDIT} Oh the shed, sorry i mis read your message!
Mwah, Mwah, Mwah. :D

BrayZil
19/12/2005, 1:26 PM
Last I heard about the shed was planning permission was submitted to the council. AFAIK this will take a couple of months before being approved so no work will start until the new year.