PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Kelleher to Reading?

Pages : [1] 2

lim abroad
15/11/2005, 12:45 AM
just seen on the junior soccer forum that robbie is supposed to be going on trial with reading,does anybody know if this is true or is it a load of tripe??

Lim till i die
15/11/2005, 7:57 AM
Apparently theres a clause in his contract which means that if it is true we won't be getting robbed like a certain other Munster club :)

HuRya
15/11/2005, 8:51 AM
just seen on the junior soccer forum that robbie is supposed to be going on trial with reading,does anybody know if this is true or is it a load of tripe??

yes it is true.pat dolan organised it for him. the club are paying for his flight over which is in early December.

gaidin
15/11/2005, 9:25 AM
Apparently theres a clause in his contract which means that if it is true we won't be getting robbed like a certain other Munster club

Ya but if works out for him i hope Drew doesnt get too greedy and try and rob them.

LFC in Exile
15/11/2005, 9:26 AM
It would be fantastic for Robbie to make a go of this. Best of luck to him.

Also, while we may have a clause where we get a good fee for him (still small money for Reading) surely a large chunk of it would go to his schoolboy and junior side. He is under 23 isn't he? And morally I don't think we have a great claim - we can hardly say he developed significantly as a player last season.

Anyway, that will all be sorted out if it comes to it - and for the player's sake I hope it does come to it.

declan hide
15/11/2005, 9:48 AM
Is he good enough? I mean one season in league of Ireland first division?

How often has dolan seen him?

Wouldn’t it be gas if they signed him (obviously not for us or limerick but we cant hold him back from a chance like this!) and he played up alongside kevin doyle and reading got promoted!

LFC in Exile
15/11/2005, 12:15 PM
Ya but if works out for him i hope Drew doesnt get too greedy and try and rob them.

I hope Drew robs them blind. Too many players have been sold for peanuts to English clubs. Don't worry about Reading, they have plenty of money - Mr Madjeski will take care of it. :ball:

sadloserkid
15/11/2005, 12:16 PM
That's very, very interesting actually. Of course a trial itself doesn't always lead to a contract (Steven O'Flynn and Alan Murphy both had trials with Aberdeen and Clive Delaney had trials with West Ham and I think Sunderland. Eamann Zayed had an abortive spell with Crewe as well). Best of luck to Robbie anyway and let's hope that we get a good deal if it does all work out for him. And at least they wear blue! :)

HuRya
15/11/2005, 12:40 PM
let's hope that we get a good deal if it does all work out for him. And at least they wear blue! :)

and play in front of ***t attendences every week like us:o

LFC in Exile
15/11/2005, 12:54 PM

But they have one of the best stadiums in England. Class ground. :ball:

gaidin
15/11/2005, 12:56 PM
I hope Drew robs them blind. Too many players have been sold for peanuts to English clubs. Don't worry about Reading, they have plenty of money - Mr Madjeski will take care of it.

Well if he does rob em blind it would be nice to see the clubs who brought him through get a fair cut. As you have already stated they are the clubs who deserve it. Although if he were not with LFC he prob wouldnt have got this opportunity.

joeSoap
15/11/2005, 1:12 PM
Reading FC Average Attendance= 17,574. Population of Reading 143,096.
Limerick FC Average Attendance 650. Population of Limerick(city & county) 165,017.

I'd say theres nothing at all wrong with Readings attendances. They just happen to have a superb €70 million, 24,200 seater stadium (http://www.stadiumguide.com/madejski.htm) to try and fill every second week.

gael353
15/11/2005, 1:48 PM
wel i say fare play to him and he is tied into a long term deal with us so they wont be getting him cheap. Unless of course Dolan has to get a cut.....London Irish also play at the Madjeski as the cost of running it far outdoes the moneys comming in from Readings home gates. Great stadium tough we'd swap it for rathbane? not a chance lol :D

Risteard
15/11/2005, 1:49 PM
But they have one of the best stadiums in England. Class ground. :ball:
Not as good as the cross according to his Doylerness.

Risteard
15/11/2005, 1:52 PM
Wouldn’t it be gas if they signed him (obviously not for us or limerick but we cant hold him back from a chance like this!) and he played up alongside kevin doyle and reading got promoted!
Eh . . . . . . No.

pete
15/11/2005, 2:14 PM
Dolans pockets go jing a jung a jing-a-ling... :(

HuRya
15/11/2005, 3:02 PM
Reading FC Average Attendance= 17,574. Population of Reading 143,096.
Limerick FC Average Attendance 650. Population of Limerick(city & county) 165,017.

I'd say theres nothing at all wrong with Readings attendances. They just happen to have a superb €70 million, 24,200 seater stadium (http://www.stadiumguide.com/madejski.htm) to try and fill every second week.

apart from having WAY too much time on your hands, you might have noticed(while on their site) that they have played all the top teams in the Championship already this season.. that might explain to you why their average gate is, what it is at the moment..

A face
15/11/2005, 5:42 PM
Some Limerick kid off to Reading now .... who is it ... did he even have a chance to go through the system ??

joeSoap
15/11/2005, 5:48 PM
Already covered here (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=31322)

Mark_no9
15/11/2005, 6:09 PM
Is he good enough? I mean one season in league of Ireland first division?
Now Now Declan , I say the best of luck to the lad one season or not.. Look at some of the players that got big breaks (Contracts) on one good match......:ball:

declan hide
16/11/2005, 7:23 AM
not being green eyed...i wish the best for him...he was great for us this season and a joy to watch at times....but...i'm seriously asking is he good enough for 1st division football in england?

LFC in Exile
16/11/2005, 8:37 AM
not being green eyed...i wish the best for him...he was great for us this season and a joy to watch at times....but...i'm seriously asking is he good enough for 1st division football in england?

Only time will tell that. If they like the look of him then he'll get a deal. IMO he's not though I would love to be wrong. At least he's getting a shot at it and that has arisen because he signed for Limerick - so maybe other players in the junior ranks might see Limerick as a stepping stone and pursue a football career with the senior club. :ball:

LFC in Exile
16/11/2005, 8:41 AM
Some Limerick kid off to Reading now .... who is it ... did he even have a chance to go through the system ??

Whats the system?

He's being given a trial with a potential Premiership club. What's wrong with that? :ball: Its not as if he is a 15 year old being sent away as an apprentice.

Mark_no9
17/11/2005, 12:20 AM

Only kidding,
I know what your saying, it is a big step up.But give him he's credit, every time he had to step up he did..Summerville to Fairview...Fairview to Junior International and then Fairview to Limerick....This within 3 or 4 seasons(I think) and has looked comfortable all the time.
I know that this is the biggest by far, but I honestly think he'll do OK over there.
Maybe a contract IS a step too far, but he'll leave them with toughts :rolleyes:

4tothefloor
19/11/2005, 10:27 PM
Surrounded by better players and better service (ie he won't have to be coming back to midfield to get the ball, or play head tennis for 90 minutes...) Robbie has every chance of impressing and earning himself a contract. His workrate is phenomenal, and if that energy and willingless can be harnessed in to the right channels they could have a star on their hands. Robbie is raw and needs proper coaching. But the ability and talent is definately there.

Mark_no9
29/11/2005, 10:08 AM
Any info on this, has he been ? ,when is he due to go ?

thejollyrodger
05/12/2005, 1:54 PM
nice stadium.. doubt we will see something like that here

Lim till i die
05/12/2005, 2:03 PM
nice stadium.. doubt we will see something like that here

WHAT???

Juz the Hoop
05/12/2005, 3:15 PM
I never forgiven Robbie Kelleher for handing the ball to Mickey Sheehy in 1978 for him to chip Paddy Cullen. Isnt he a bit old to be going to the Royals. Was over in the MAdjeski a couple of years ago. Great staduim

KOH

JUZ

Lim till i die
05/12/2005, 3:26 PM
I never forgiven Robbie Kelleher for handing the ball to Mickey Sheehy in 1978 for him to chip Paddy Cullen. Isnt he a bit old to be going to the Royals. Was over in the MAdjeski a couple of years ago. Great staduim

KOH

JUZ

Its gettin wierd around here :p :D

sadloserkid
05/12/2005, 4:08 PM
ya whats the story::confused:

No football makes football fans go crazy I guess. Pretty strightforward.

LFC in Exile
05/12/2005, 4:19 PM

KOH

JUZ

Talk about holding a grudge. Let it go Juz, let it go.

Robbie is like Mork's son. He ages in reverse. Reading better sign him soon before he starts playing schoolboy.

Lim till i die
06/12/2005, 10:20 AM
Robbie is like Mork's son. He ages in reverse. Reading better sign him soon before he starts playing schoolboy.

:p :D

sadloserkid
06/12/2005, 12:05 PM
It now looks as though Robbie Kelleher has not in fact travelled to Reading after all. If the rumour mill is to be believed he wanted to but there were 'outside forces' which prevented this (and by outside I mean of course inside ;)).

This was a win-win situation for both Robbie and Limerick FC and if it's been messed up again there should at least one rolling head... perhaps a meat cleaver could be used for the actual beheading?

summervilleman
06/12/2005, 12:07 PM
Best of luck to him...Fine player and a great worker..Think he will dovery well over there and he will get his contract...If u ask me he is well better than robbie keane..Don't rate keane at all..I know his goal record and all that but i think kelleher as an over all player is just a class act!!
Put us on the map ROBBIE!!!

Daydreamer
06/12/2005, 1:26 PM
SAD day to be a limerick supporter my friends,
I Can confirm that Robbie did not travell to Reading yesterday.
The details behind this i dont no in full but i do know that he is
shall we just say very very p****d off over it,Saw him last night
Looks like NoC and co got it scuppered from whats being said around
the town...:mad: :mad: :mad:

gaidin
06/12/2005, 1:41 PM
So this mean limerick will probably lose him anyway. And unfortunatly for Robbie it probably wont be to an english club. Why wouldnt he be ****ed this was a big chance for him. But now why would he want to play for limerick under NOC and Drew IF its true that they did mess it up.

LFC in Exile
06/12/2005, 2:19 PM
I don't have any more information than what I have also heard on the "rumour mill". However, it is not that the club shouldn't be standing in his way - they should be actively encouraging him and doing everything they can to help him. It is in the club's interest that he would get a trial and succeed. Not least because of the fee they get but also because other players will see Limerick FC as a potential stepping stone. So, if the rumours turn out be slightly true (i.e. even if the club did not actively thwart it) it is still not good enough and very very shortsighted. Not to mention small minded and bad minded to a player that could not be faulted for his commitment last term. :ball:

LFC Blue
06/12/2005, 2:31 PM
If it is proven that he had even the slightest part in getting this trial scuppered.

HuRya
06/12/2005, 5:55 PM
If it is proven that he had even the slightest part in getting this trial scuppered.

he is only the beginning of it.. there needs to be wholesale changes at the club if we are going to be taken seriously as a promotion candidate for next season- starting with DD.

lim abroad
07/12/2005, 3:19 AM
is this really true???if so,what an utter disgrace,whoever is involved should be ashamed of themselves

Daydreamer
07/12/2005, 8:10 AM
i can confirm that this is in fact the whole truth and nothing but the thruth
robbie is gutted ,cant say anyone could blame him either considering the fact
that for the last 2 weeks or so everyone is wishing him the best of luck when
he goes over .Not a nice x mas present for the lad ,we have to remember he
is still only a young fella 21..Looks very unlikely that we will be seeing Robbie
in a limerick jersey again,and who could blame him.

LFC in Exile
07/12/2005, 8:26 AM
starting with DD.

And any suggestions for a replacement? Be careful what you wish for. Some people migth not like to hear it but before calling for the chairman out remember that it wasn't like he was top of a queue to take over.

Lim till i die
07/12/2005, 9:57 AM
O'CONNOR OUT :eek: :eek:

What talented young player is going to want to sign for Limerick with this petty, short-sighted moronic farce of a man in charge of the team. Dark days are hear again :mad:

Also, I think we could safely say Robbie isn't the only player unhappy with this turn of events.

Flip it anyway

Daydreamer
07/12/2005, 11:28 AM
Have to agree i would say all of the players and fans alike are feeling
disgusted for robbie as everyone knew how much it meant to him and
how much he was looking forward to it.Just when all the hard work and commitment he gave us for the season looked like paying off for him.
TWEEDLE DEE AND TWEEDLE DO f..K UP EVRYTHING just to keep themselves
happy,i am 100% sure we will never ever see Robbie line out for limerick again thanks to the antics of these 2 ,

thelimerick
07/12/2005, 12:59 PM
The soap opera continues then....over in thailand at the moment havin a ball, check in every now and again to hear the latest...and low and behold, would you believe it??? Those two muppets have made this club into an joke, a **** poor imitation of a ****e fair city episode. Until these two f@*king clowns up and move on, we're only going to fool ourselves into thinking premier is a possibility. They can't manage to NOT f**k things up a month at a time never mind manage a football club....Premier league, your having a laugh...feck the lot of ye im stayin in thailand!!!
Best of luck to Robbie, to be honest himself and a few others at this club deserve better than the FC Drew and co. are representing, moving on is only fair...its a pity only the good ones go these days... I say the fans must protest at every opportunity, stay outside the gates at matchday until action is taken to stop the farce thats destroying our club.

gaidin
07/12/2005, 1:55 PM
As Daydreamer said Robbie probably isnt the only player ****ed about this. Im sure the majority if not the whole squad is ****ed. Robbie might not be the only player never to play for limerick again under those 2. His close friends in the squad could stand by him and who would blame them. Cheers NOC and DD.

jebus
07/12/2005, 3:08 PM
Any confirmation yet on who was to blame for this disgrace? I know In Exile will get bent out of shape about this but if it had anything to do with the club then obviously Danny was involved. He would have been the one that would have had to okay any trial with Reading and he would have at least had a say in scuppering the deal as well. Very poor form out of Danny and Noel if the rumours turn out to be true. Not to mention we've now lost Robbie, one of the few positives from last season. He's probably Waterford bound at this stage.

Daydreamer
07/12/2005, 3:19 PM
it was definitely the 2 gob ****s that scuppered it 100% sure ..
So there we have it lads this is what we have become over noc and dd
a club that would not like to see their own players better themselves at a
higher level or fullfill their dreams of palying across the water if it means
that they are going to loose a player from thier 1st 11..

jebus
07/12/2005, 3:30 PM
Now I'm not one to say I told you so, but in regards to Danny how many more times do I have to tell ye how bad this guy is for the club? Fair enough we have a club with money, but where did that get us last year under his guidance? Businessmen can't run football clubs, simple fact of football, so if he wants to make a profit he needs to step aside and get someone else in to run the club that knows what they're doing. So thats Pat Dolan excluded for one, but we need someone who would take the obvious decision of sacking O'Connor and hiring an experienced manager to try and win us promotion