PDA

View Full Version : Northern Iron vs Portugal

Gerrit
14/11/2005, 11:30 PM
Tomorrow 7.45 pm at Windsor. Broadcasted live. All watch the game !

(I won't be watching the broadcast, as I am going to Windsor Park myself :cool: :ball: )

holidaysong
15/11/2005, 10:21 AM
What channel? It ain't advertised for BBC Northern Ireland..

noby
15/11/2005, 11:26 AM
Yes it is. BBC2 NI, tonight at 8pm

holidaysong
15/11/2005, 1:29 PM
Ah tonight, Gerrit said it was on tomorrow.. damn him with his posting after midnight but calling today tomorrow. :p

noby
15/11/2005, 1:50 PM
And who says tomorrow never comes?

Galwayexile
15/11/2005, 10:23 PM
they did well, 1 all with portugal. N Ireland have some good young players coming through now

sligoman
15/11/2005, 10:51 PM
Northern Ireland ended the year in style by holding Portugal to a 1-1 draw at Windsor Park in a friendly.

Warren Feeney grabbed the equaliser with his second goal for the province - a looping header from Keith Gillespie's cross.

It was their reward for a battling display after an own goal from Stephen
Craigan had given Portugal the lead.

There were good performances from goalkeeper Maik Taylor and midfielder Steve Davis and Portugal knew they had been in a game.

Green Tribe
15/11/2005, 11:54 PM
Well done, never got to see the game, as was working til 2200 :mad:

M@ttitude
16/11/2005, 12:19 AM
Well done, never got to see the game, as was working til 2200 :mad:
green army girl?? Yeah fair play to norn iron hi, they're on the up, we're on the down :(

Gerrit
16/11/2005, 7:07 AM
1-1 is a good result. The second half was a bit boring, but then again it's a friendly with lot of players getting replaced etc.

I paid 20 £ in, reasonable price. I even had money left for an after-the-game drink in a nearby pub :) The atmosphere was great again. "You're just a small part of Spain" - priceless!

Good game of Maik Taylor again, he saved NI on several occasions.

crc
16/11/2005, 8:17 AM
"You're just a small part of Spain" - priceless!
Did they sing that?:D I watched most of it, a decent performance. They had a few players who weren't afraid to take on the Portugese.

The other chants (that I saw) were:

"Are you England in disguise?" (I thought this was quite funny)

"It's just like watching Brazil"

Rover 2 U
16/11/2005, 2:29 PM
"It's just like watching Brazil"

Why? Was Deco playing? ;)

crc
16/11/2005, 2:46 PM
I am Irish!
I was born in Ireland!
I was reared in Ireland!
That makes me Irish!
What's your story?
What's the point of your sig? Did someone threaten your Irishness??:confused:

Green Tribe
16/11/2005, 4:10 PM
green army girl?? Yeah fair play to norn iron hi, they're on the up, we're on the down :(

Que?! :confused: Green army girl is another poster. What's with the 'hi' thing, :confused: I'm not from Ballymena, hey

Gerrit
16/11/2005, 5:29 PM
Did they sing that?:D

Aye :D

Not sure why the chant "You're supposed to be in jail" was. And they didn't like Cristiano Ronaldo!

Always good craic at Windsor, I enjoyed the atmosphere.

And yeah, NI is doing well. Maybe there'll be a representative from this island after all at Euro 2008 ;)

gustavo
16/11/2005, 5:48 PM
[QUOTE=Gerrit]

Not sure why the chant "You're supposed to be in jail" was. And they didn't like Cristiano Ronaldo!

QUOTE]

i think you just answered your own question there Gerrit:)

Gerrit
17/11/2005, 5:34 PM
Well, maybe :D It's a bit weird that they dislike him because of his United-playership, because I still see at the same time loads of Man Utd shirts in the streets of Belfast...

By the way: the whole evening in the stadium I saw exactly 2 Rangers scarves and 0 Celtic scarves. Everyone was wearing actual Northern Ireland national team gear. That's the way it should always be!

Although I did not like the new shirts of the players. A bit too dark green. And the logo with that harp is... well, I must still get used to it. But I prefered the old gear like they wore during the WC qualifiers.

Schumi
17/11/2005, 5:47 PM
Well, maybe :D It's a bit weird that they dislike him because of his United-playership, because I still see at the same time loads of Man Utd shirts in the streets of Belfast...Don't think that's the reason Gerrit!

Fortuna1886
17/11/2005, 10:05 PM
Well, maybe :D It's a bit weird that they dislike him because of his United-playership, because I still see at the same time loads of Man Utd shirts in the streets of Belfast...

By the way: the whole evening in the stadium I saw exactly 2 Rangers scarves and 0 Celtic scarves. Everyone was wearing actual Northern Ireland national team gear. That's the way it should always be!

Although I did not like the new shirts of the players. A bit too dark green. And the logo with that harp is... well, I must still get used to it. But I prefered the old gear like they wore during the WC qualifiers.

That kit is the 125th anniversary kit. Its only been worn in friendliess to mark the occassion It's meant to be a replica of the original but the someone must be colour blind as the original was Blue.