PDA

View Full Version : Plans for next season

Galwayexile
14/11/2005, 9:54 PM
I know we have only one game left and unfortunately we can catch Dublin City.Its a shame though as Galway have been the form team in the country.

Anyways does anyone know what players contracts will be up this season, i hope we keep most of the current roster and only add a few new signings and then role on next season and finally get back to where we belong. Whatever happened ciaran Kelly? Has he left then? What are the chances of Galway keeping Levine, reilly and co.

sligoman
14/11/2005, 11:12 PM
Whatever happened ciaran Kelly? Has he left then?He's joined up with Gavin Dykes Castlebar Celtic;)

Galwayexile
14/11/2005, 11:23 PM
so thats where mr dykes ended up. Cheers for that.Shame he never made it at Galway as alan gough is pushing on now.

Terry
15/11/2005, 7:11 AM
Alan (I'm told) is retiring, so we need to bring in another keeper! David Fordes name was mentioned up in terryland friday night as he is going back to college in NUIG, but that is just a false rumour. Maybe we could get someone like Jimmy Fyffe to join us as hes not playing for limerick at the moment.

Patrick Dunne
15/11/2005, 11:04 AM
so thats where mr dykes ended up. Cheers for that.Shame he never made it at Galway as alan gough is pushing on now.

Dont think Dykes would be an adequate replacement for Gough. He is pushing on a bit more than Alan. The fact that he has never played goal in the Eircom League could also be held against him.

Aaron GUFC
15/11/2005, 2:24 PM
I would like to see Fordey come back but it looks doubtful. I wouldn't mind seeing Fyffe as he is quality, i talked to him up in Limerick he is a sound lad. Kelly would be nice to bring back too but its a shame to see Goughy leave :(

Galwayexile
15/11/2005, 7:29 PM
patrick i was talking about ciaran kelly not gavin dykes as im sure you knew already.

David forde would be nice but i hear he is having second thoughts about going to NUIG if derry win the league.

On another note if alan gough is retiring then i would like to say thanks for been a great servant to Galway Utd over the years.

The Stars
15/11/2005, 8:29 PM
Ye should have Ciaran Kelly on top of the list of players to get.
He was one of our best players until he left for Derry.Would be one of the better First Division 'keepers.

sligoman
15/11/2005, 8:32 PM
Would be one of the better First Division 'keepers.He would be the best in the first division next season in my opinion. He's definitely too good a keeper to be playing for the likes of Castlebar anyway;).

Galwayexile
15/11/2005, 9:34 PM
anyone have gavin's number then and get the deal arranged:D

No news on our fantastic new signing that Kickr hinted it was a secret about the last night.

mmmm Probably daragh sheridan just as a guess as he used to play for us.

Dream buy would be kevin mchugh but hes prob heading to one of derry/sligo or shels if jason byrne goes to brighton!!

Mr A
16/11/2005, 12:04 AM
Dream buy would be kevin mchugh

Now that IS dreaming!!!!!!

Galwayexile
16/11/2005, 12:08 AM
ah well i can dream cant i :D

The Stars
16/11/2005, 4:56 PM
galway should sign Steven O'Donnell as Sean will probably let him go.He is a class act but unfortunetly Sean wont play him...personal issues.