PDA

View Full Version : Relegation play-off and FAI Cup Final...

ThatGuy
14/11/2005, 1:58 PM
Obviously it is too late now, but maybe it would have been a good idea having a 1-legged relegation play-off in Landsdowne Road on the day of the FAI Cup Final. Between the 4 sets of supporters and increased neautral attendances it would probably get a massive turn-out and be a great spectacle.

Troy.McClure
14/11/2005, 2:16 PM
Sssssssssssss. No good ideas to be given to the FAI, they might do something right for a change!

Cosmo
14/11/2005, 2:30 PM
What would happen if someone in the play off ended up in the final :confused:

blutil
14/11/2005, 2:43 PM
they play both games, but they wear their away jersey in the second game

Mr A
14/11/2005, 2:47 PM
Might be fairer to allow them to use 6 subs over the 2 games though.

tiktok
14/11/2005, 2:50 PM
Obviously it is too late now, but maybe it would have been a good idea having a 1-legged relegation play-off in Landsdowne Road on the day of the FAI Cup Final. Between the 4 sets of supporters and increased neautral attendances it would probably get a massive turn-out and be a great spectacle.

Excellent idea.

Cosmo
14/11/2005, 3:19 PM
Ah Cosmo come on now ! But the whole idea would not work ! Cup final is the showpiece match of the season and the pitch should always be as good as surface as possible !

I know that, I totally agree with ye - wouldnt be in favour of it myself.

But even allowing for that, how could it be done with the possibility of one of the teams being in the final (its the same question i ask people who want the final on a week after the league season ends!!) People always seem to forget this possibilty and then it would look stupid having to change dates for final, etc etc etc

EnDai
14/11/2005, 3:22 PM
Great idea!!

pete
14/11/2005, 3:51 PM
Why would we want muck rakers like 2nd worst team in Premier & a 1st division team destroying the FAI Cup final event?

Anyone thought of the security issues of 4 different sets of supporters?

pineapple stu
14/11/2005, 5:08 PM
Anyone thought of the security issues of 4 different sets of supporters?
True - imagine if Rovers go down and Bohs win the Cup...