PDA

View Full Version : Rovers best 11 since 1994/ 1995

Royal rover
14/11/2005, 11:52 AM
Just looking to see if any of you's can voice your opinions on this matter, i am new to this message board and although hailing from county meath i have been watching rovers since the days of Dermot Keely's reign.I'm sure some of you will think i'm way of the mark

Anyway here's my choice

1 O'hara
2 Cretaro
3 Brunton ?????
4 Boyle
5 McNamara
6 Hastie ( Whatever happened to him)
7Kenny (johnny that is)
8 O'grady
9Annand
10 Mctiernan
11 Faz ( purely judged on ability)

Subs Mulligan, Carr, Birks,Tony Kelly ( probably one of the greatest passers of the ball i have ever seen) , Padraig Moran, :

gustavo
14/11/2005, 11:59 AM
good team you have there!
ill go for
1. O Hara
2. Cross
3. Hutch
4. McNamara
5. Charles
6. O Grady
7. Cretaro
8. Birks
9. Moran
10.Annand
11. Heffernan
Subs
Brujos , Brunton , Thew , McTiernan , Flannery

Mayo Red
14/11/2005, 7:47 PM
good team you have there!
ill go for
1. O Hara
2. Cross
3. Hutch
4. McNamara
5. Charles
6. O Grady
7. Cretaro
8. Birks
9. Moran
10.Annand
11. Heffernan
Subs
Brujos , Brunton , Thew , McTiernan , Flannery

Yep, good selection, Hutch and Charles definately deserve mentions. I would have Mark McLean as sub keeper though, with the greatest respect to Nicky I still cringe when I think back on some of his dodgier moments! I remember him trying to keep out a long range shot, it was against Shels I think and whatever he did he seemed to help the ball into the net rather than trying to save it! Johnny Kenny wouldn't be far away either. Whatever happened to James Mulligan by the way, didn't he transfer to Cork from Rovers and he then seemed to fall off the radar?

feo123
14/11/2005, 8:12 PM
ohara
Raf
Hutch
mcnamara
Dykes
ogrady
J.Kenny
Carr
McTiernan
Annand
Moran

showgies
15/11/2005, 10:15 AM
OHara
Cretaro
Dykes
Boyle
McDonnell
Johnny Kenny
Hastie
Tony Kelly
Moran
Annand
Gilzean

Subs: McTiernan, Broujos, Mulligan, Burns, Charles, Gabbiadinni

Royal rover
15/11/2005, 11:43 AM
neil ogden i think

showgies
15/11/2005, 12:26 PM
Brendan Aispinall?

We also had a decent centre half that could be included Dale Hawtin

gustavo
15/11/2005, 12:42 PM
yeah Dale Hawtin was Quality. Mattie Hare wasnt bad either,

Royal rover
15/11/2005, 12:42 PM
that's the boy he went with Brunton to Colraine, does anyone know what happened to Mulligan,

Redtop
15/11/2005, 10:11 PM
what about david reid??

Fabrizio
17/11/2005, 11:55 PM
Im judging the following team on technical ability and what i have seen of them play. A good team either way.

O' Hara
Creataro
Mc Namara
Dykes
Brunton
Johnny Kenny
Will Hastie
O' Grady
A. Dolan
Moran
Gabbiadini

Subs : Brujos, Boyle, Faz, Carr, Mc Tiernan

Defense has both experience and youth and are all good footballers apart from Dykes maybe. But he would get stuck in. Mc Namara more of a Ferdinand type defender and Dykes a John Terry. Cretaro and Brunton both have good skill and are direct and good at getting forward. The midfield has superb passing ability. O Grady can play the holding role giving Dolan the chance to influence the game. Johnny would give us pace and skill aswell as experience. Will Hastie right side for pure fight and goal getting abiltiy. Up front i think there is goals in abundance. both have pace, an eye for goal and are big fellas which is needed in Irish Football!