PDA

View Full Version : Dolans views on the hoops, brown nosing his way to a job?

A face
14/11/2005, 10:50 AM
pat dolan in the star

you only find out about people in times of great adversity, and this season we have learned a lot about the fans, officials and players of shamrock rovers

since leaving miltown the most famous name in irish football has had little direction and more false dawns than iceland in the midst of a cold winter.

since the rds they have embarked on gypsy like journey from ground to ground, begging from clubs who are rivals first and nieghbours second and of course there has been the dream of tallaght

but you know what? 2005 has been a positive year from shamrock rovers in my view for three key reasons

firstly there are the fans who have suffered who have been let down time after time yet who have ensured the continued exsistence of the club by taking control of its destiny

secondly in roddy collins they have a manager with the personality and ability to drive the club forward on the pitch, the eight point deduction for off the field irregularities was so wrong in a league where the microscope could reveal problems in any club. rovers needed a helping hand to restore the glory days not a kick in the ass, welcome to the eircom league!

but last monday at dalymount park against cork city the most important of the three reasons emerged on a dreadfully disappointing night for the club. the fans so often targeted and vilified refused to die. in the "only sing when your winning" age when fans seem to boo and abuse so quickly, the rovers fans sang there hearts out before during and after the game. it was an incredible show of defiance.

for nearly 20 years every game has been an away game. on monday they showed everyone that, no matter what is thrown at them, they will never ever die. thats called good old fashioned spirit, its called real support!!

brown nosing his way to a job?

Colm
14/11/2005, 10:56 AM
He's spot on to be honest.

I'd say he wants the Rovers job alright. He's not planning on hanging around Waterford once the season finishes and I'd say he'd do very well at Rovers.

Bomb Landsdowne
14/11/2005, 11:25 AM
He was in the clock pub on James street on Friday night buying everyone drinks.

A face
14/11/2005, 11:25 AM
He's not planning on hanging around Waterford once the season finishes

Colm, he probably told you that in confidence, i dont think you should be saying that here, i mean what would the blah fans say like !?!?! :eek: :p

bigmac
14/11/2005, 11:34 AM
Has Dolan ever said anything bad about an EL club though? He just loves everybody so much :rolleyes: even Roddy apparently!

I'd take anything he says with a pinch of salt, I think the Drogs setup would be more his cup of tea to be honest. Still, you never know.

Colm
14/11/2005, 11:34 AM
Colm, he probably told you that in confidence, i dont think you should be saying that here, i mean what would the blah fans say like !?!?! :eek: :p

"We were far superior to Waterford tonight"!;)

A face
14/11/2005, 11:35 AM
"We were far superior to Waterford tonight"!;)

And you believe that sh!te .... a rambling maniac !! :p

Colm
14/11/2005, 11:39 AM
And you believe that sh!te .... a rambling maniac !! :p

But we were....

bigmac
14/11/2005, 11:41 AM
But we were....

yeah, if it wasn't for our keeper being in top form and saving all those clearcut Cork chances, we'd have been hammered :rolleyes:

Slash/ED
14/11/2005, 11:48 AM
Has Dolan ever said anything bad about an EL club though? He just loves everybody so much :rolleyes: even Roddy apparently!

You obviously haven't heard the "sad man perplexed by Shelbourne" talk about us.

noby
14/11/2005, 11:55 AM
No secret, Face. He's here 'til the end of the season. We've stayed up, so job done, thank you very much. He'll take his bonus and move on.

A face
14/11/2005, 11:57 AM
No secret, Face. He's here 'til the end of the season. We've stayed up, so job done, thank you very much. He'll take his bonus and move on.

Gutted .... he would have been a good hate figure for the Munster Derbies .... we'll just have to pick a few more now !! :p

Troy.McClure
14/11/2005, 2:35 PM
yeah, if it wasn't for our keeper being in top form and saving all those clearcut Cork chances, we'd have been hammered

That about sums it up (although you forgot about us hitting the bar and ye getting a poxy peno).

I think Rovers and Dolan would be great. He could PR his way into getting those taxi driver Rovers fans back to games & the banter would be great when they play Pats and City.

Block G Raptor
14/11/2005, 2:40 PM
Dolan 4 Rovers .............Nah he's way to good a manager for the first division :D

bigmac
14/11/2005, 2:58 PM
That about sums it up (although you forgot about us hitting the bar and ye getting a poxy peno).

Forgot Devine's top class save from Sullivan, and sullivan being clean through but too tired to run as well. Can't remember everything though ;)