PDA

View Full Version : Firday nights game the end of a era

max power
14/11/2005, 10:28 AM
well on friday we say goodbye to two players ( at least ) who have both captained and lifted trophies for the club.

Its the last time we will see digger or baz in a town jersey and i have to see it will be a sad night for town fans.

for as long as i live i will remember that night in dongeal when we escaped relegation and digger made that peno save in the shoot out, it has to be my favourite memory of the man and lets face it, the legend.

so digger on a personal level i would like to say thank so much for all the memories and the hard work that allowed us to have days out in landsdown and tripsaway to european shores,

thanks digger.

also the cup semi against the drogs in drogland was a special night also, although dillo scored "that goal", it was barry who rose about the rest that night, he knew he was suspended for the final but yet played like a man posessed to drag us through to the final against waterford.

also to those who abused barry and his family at games, fcuk off and never darken the gates at flancare park again.

barry thanks for hoofing and the heading, for bringing the cups ( its nice to say cups and not cup ) back to longford and for being a great captain for the time you were with us.

good luck in the future ( can you take the penns against us )

thanks barry.

so its with a heavy heart that we make our way to inchicore on friday, but i'd love to see a big turn out and lots of noise to say goodbye to two longofrd legends

Pauro 76
14/11/2005, 12:30 PM
came home from London to witness the end of an era. Watching the Town will never be the same again. Thanks Digger for all the memories, and best of luck in the future. The game and the Town need more characters like you. cheers!

ONE MORE YEAR!

Pauro 76
14/11/2005, 12:30 PM
came home from London to witness the end of an era. Watching the Town will never be the same again. Thanks Digger for all the memories, and best of luck in the future. The game and the Town need more characters like you. cheers!

ONE MORE YEAR!

Risteard
14/11/2005, 11:35 PM
Baz?
Barry Ferguson?
Where's he going?

Wiseguy
15/11/2005, 9:46 AM
The rumours are that he is off to Bohs

max power
15/11/2005, 9:50 AM
fact not rumour.

RockofGibraltar
15/11/2005, 12:22 PM
according to yesterdays mirror, digger could be following barry to Bohs aswell

themull69
15/11/2005, 1:40 PM
I hope Digger doesn't go to Bohs. I hate Bohs so much. It would kill me to see Digger between the posts for Bohs scumbags. I'd say he would stay with us if he was planning to play for another year.

Maz
15/11/2005, 5:19 PM
I hope Digger doesn't go to Bohs. I hate Bohs so much. It would kill me to see Digger between the posts for Bohs scumbags. I'd say he would stay with us if he was planning to play for another year.
Not necessarily, have heard stories since the other night, as to why he may just change teams

Xlex
16/11/2005, 5:24 PM
I just have to echo the sentiments and although I missed the games on Saturday I spoke to Digger, thanked him. There is nothing I can say about that guy that hasn't been already said.

But I didn't get to speak to Barry, and I'll put a few words down. A very sound guy and an absolute talent, we will certainly appreciate this when he plays against us. Not a clean player but certainly committed. I feel as sick now as I have done when Stewie left. A brilliant captain and very few appreciated his talent, commitment and desire, **** the begrudders. When he displays his ability against us, I will smile inside. fantastic.

gutted!

Maz
16/11/2005, 8:59 PM
I just have to echo the sentiments and although I missed the games on Saturday I spoke to Digger, thanked him. There is nothing I can say about that guy that hasn't been already said.

But I didn't get to speak to Barry, and I'll put a few words down. A very sound guy and an absolute talent, we will certainly appreciate this when he plays against us. Not a clean player but certainly committed. I feel as sick now as I have done when Stewie left. A brilliant captain and very few appreciated his talent, commitment and desire, **** the begrudders. When he displays his ability against us, I will smile inside. fantastic.

gutted!
Agree completely with your scentiments towards Barry, The very best of luck to him

Macy
17/11/2005, 7:54 AM
I'd say there's a chance that some of you will also get your wish if Rovers do get rid of the noose around their neck that is shoddy. Matthews would definitely be the leading candidate for the job....

max power
17/11/2005, 8:10 AM
only problem is macy that part time suits alan because of his day work......aren't rovers full time ???

Macy
17/11/2005, 9:52 AM
only problem is macy that part time suits alan because of his day work......aren't rovers full time ???
Think they have a few, but certainly not the full squad (anymore). I'd be surprised if they have any next season (regardless of the play off result).

max power
17/11/2005, 10:17 AM
well with alan havin a contract until the end of the 2007 season i can't see them buying him out of his contract.

Sonic
17/11/2005, 1:14 PM
I'd say there's a chance that some of you will also get your wish if Rovers do get rid of the noose around their neck that is shoddy. Matthews would definitely be the leading candidate for the job....

We wud never be that lucky macy trust me there is no chance:(

sligoman
21/11/2005, 11:22 PM
I thought Digger was going to Kilkenny?:confused: Maybe the man himself(Dirk) could come on and let us all know?:D