PDA

View Full Version : WWE wrestler dies

Pages : [1] 2

max power
14/11/2005, 8:28 AM
WWE wrestler Eddie Guerrero is dead, at the age of 38.

he was found dead in his hotel room at the week, he is survived by his wife and 2 little girls.

both Raw and Smackdown this week will be a tribute to Eddie.

Great wrestler and personality in the busines, he will be sadly missed by all wrestling fans,

R.I.P

sligoman
14/11/2005, 8:29 AM
Jesus. Always a wrestler I liked, very sad to hear that. RIP Eddie!:(

sligoman
14/11/2005, 8:31 AM
WWE is deeply saddened by the news that Eddie Guerrero has passed away. He was found dead Sunday morning in his hotel room in Minneapolis. Eddie is survived by his wife Vickie and daughters Shaul, 14, Sherilyn, 9, and Kaylie Marie, 3.

The cause of death is unknown at this time. An autopsy will be performed in Minneapolis on Monday, and Eddie's body will then be flown to Phoenix. Funeral arrangements are set for Wednesday in Scottsdale, Arizona.

paul_oshea
14/11/2005, 8:45 AM
sligoman when you find out post up how he died.

tetsujin1979
14/11/2005, 9:07 AM
Always one of my fav wrestlers, great character, excellent bouts.
RIP

drinkfeckarse
14/11/2005, 10:23 AM
Shocked at that, don't watch it a lot but he was one of the few who was truely entertaining.

joeSoap
14/11/2005, 10:33 AM
looks like heart failure (http://www.wrestlinginc.com/winc/html/article15054.shtml) :( :(

sligoman
14/11/2005, 10:40 AM
The press conference (http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/guerreroconf):(

SaucyJack
14/11/2005, 12:25 PM
jeez,,.,,38? heart failure?..the mortality rate in that "sport" is scary.

Green Army Girl
14/11/2005, 3:24 PM
I actually dont know who Eddie is but he sounds great from the posts. So is that two wrestlers now did that fella Owen Hart die aswell or was that just a spoof.

tetsujin1979
14/11/2005, 3:35 PM
I actually dont know who Eddie is but he sounds great from the posts. So is that two wrestlers now did that fella Owen Hart die aswell or was that just a spoof.
He died in 99, fell from a harness as he was being lowered into the ring.

superfrank
14/11/2005, 3:41 PM
In fairness we all know about Eddie's "problems". I heard he was clean for four years but I'd think he had a relapse. The same kinda thing happened to the late, great Ol' Dirty *******, who funnily enough I was listening to this morning before I heard about Eddie.

RIP.

jofyisgod
14/11/2005, 3:44 PM
Awful.

RIP

paul_oshea
14/11/2005, 3:55 PM
ya owen was coming down off a hanress at speed and he went straight into the corner of the ring and broke his neck. the worst thing about that is the show went on and they never really mentioned it.

Duffer
14/11/2005, 3:59 PM
and davy boy smith (british bulldog) died from heart failure as well in 2003 me thinks.

Green Army Girl
14/11/2005, 4:02 PM
No way so thats 3 wrestlers that have died. Wasnt the british bulldog and owen harte related like brothers in law r something like that part of the Harte Foundation or something I was a bit of a fan of Brett "the hitman" Harte. I cant believe the show went on after he fell.

paul_oshea
14/11/2005, 4:04 PM
ya he did die, he was only late 30's as well i think, and he is married to brett and owens sister. well not anymore obviouslly.

Duffer
14/11/2005, 4:06 PM
I think it went like this:

the british bulldog was married to bret and owen harts sister but they split

he then went out with another hart brothers ex wife he was with her when he died.

There was about 8 of them Hart brothers and all were wrestlers and the girls were all married to wrestlers - wouldn't fancy christmas drinks in that house.

Green Army Girl
14/11/2005, 4:09 PM
Anvil Harte that was another one of them. God WWF was a bit like Coronation Street back then who is whose brother etc. Have to say went of WWF after it changed to WWE and never liked WCW.

Duffer
14/11/2005, 4:13 PM
yeah he was bretts tag team partner but he wasn't a brother (as far as I know)
Yeah it was a bit of a soap opera alright - no wonder us girls loved it.

Green Army Girl
14/11/2005, 4:18 PM
I was trying to remember there wat was the first Wrestlemania i saw i think it was the Wrestlemania where someone lifted Yokozuna. Good i was such a Tom Boy but youve reassued me now that it was just like a soap so thats why us girls enjoyed it and of course for "sexy boy" Shaun Michaels:D

paul_oshea
14/11/2005, 4:46 PM
that would have been around 94 or so or maybe earlier even, 92. i think it might have been razor ramon or the undertaker, it was definately better round then though, especially the undertaker v yokozuna matches, when yokofatso would jump on people with his fat arse, and when he would do it to the undertaker and the undertaker would arise up from the canvas and the fear on yokozunas face( i know it wasnt fear by the way) was class.

sligoman
14/11/2005, 4:50 PM
yokozunaHe died too didn't he?:confused: Nothing to do with wrestling though.

Poor Student
14/11/2005, 5:53 PM
Yokozuna died 5 years ago. I'm truly shocked to hear about Eddie. He was always one of the fittest wrestlers in the WWE. He had the lowest body fat count I think. He was still well on top of his game and was believed to be in line to win the title again on his very next show. He was one of the most recent eras top stars. He was one of my favourites going right back to his time in the WCW. Technically he was a skilled wrestler and had an entertaining mix of technical and high flying style. He also had great in ring psychology which is a very natural ability. The next two shows will be in tribute to him. Rest in peace Latino Heat.:(

paul_oshea
14/11/2005, 9:43 PM
latino heat got very big htough in the last few years. he wasnt big when he came in and he really put on the muscle. ray mysterio is probably the most natural or chris benoit or maybe even the guy who won the olympic medal(cant think of his name at the mo)

yokozuna died of a heart problem because he was over weight.

sligoman
14/11/2005, 11:00 PM
(cant think of his name at the mo)Kurt Angle;)

Poor Student
14/11/2005, 11:00 PM
Eddie spent a good deal of time out due to a pain killer addiction in 2001 I think. I think he bulked up as he needed it for taking bumps. I remember on his WWE debut he broke his arm doing a Frog Splash. Still cannot believe he's dead but the business has a shocking mortality rate. You could list off a litany off stars who died in the last 5 years. The industry really needs to sit back and asess itself.

Duffer
15/11/2005, 8:53 AM
Mr T was in the first wrestlemania wasn't he??

Ahhh Shawn Michaels yep that was the other reason us girls watched. ;)

joeSoap
15/11/2005, 9:17 AM
some shocking numbers here. (http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Field/4814/dead.html) Some I used to follow as a kid, and didn't know they had passed away. Sad really....:(

paul_oshea
15/11/2005, 9:43 AM
Ahhh Shawn Michaels yep that was the other reason us girls watched.

the heartbreak kid, my brother loved his intro music, actually i did too!!!LOL it was cool. anyone know where i can get that song. i aint no poof either!!

he's not a toyboy, he's a sexy boy....:D

tetsujin1979
15/11/2005, 9:58 AM
Mr T was in the first wrestlemania wasn't he??
Yeah, he tag teamed with Hulk Hogan, Hogan appeared on the A-Team about the same time.

Duffer
15/11/2005, 10:58 AM
Good to know my knowledge of WWF hasn't left me - neither has the scarring of my brother trying to clothesline me from the sofa though :mad:

SaucyJack
15/11/2005, 12:33 PM
here's a page with a brief over view on a bunch of dead wrestlers

http://www.deansplanet.com/deadwrestler.html

sadloserkid
15/11/2005, 12:55 PM
Sad to hear about Gurerro (though I'm not sure that it neccesitated a text message from Jebus at some obscenely early hour in the morning yesterday).

I have to say though that I never rated him particularly highly as either a technical wrestler where he was average but nothing special or on the mic where he was always stuck with a cheap, tacky gimmick.

What I would grant him is the status of biggest overacheiver of the last ten years and he deserves a lot of respect for that.

sligoman
15/11/2005, 1:41 PM
here. (http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Field/4814/dead.html)Thanks for that link Joe. I never realised that the Big Bossman, Mr. Perfect and Crash Holly had died. Gorilla Monsoon is dead too:(.

paul_oshea
15/11/2005, 1:46 PM
i read before that flying brian died from a drug over dose. there is a serious amount of them who died in their hotel rooms, i know they would have been travelling alot etc, but it just seems a bit fishy.

i also thought flying brian had been fired ( from wcw ) along with sid vicious cos they wouldnt do what they were supposed to in the "script" for use of a better word.

ya i never knew crash holly or mr perfect died either.

sadloserkid
15/11/2005, 7:15 PM
Mr.Perfect for me was an absolutely top wrestler. Superb technically and excellent on the mic. He was unfortunate to be at his peak at the height of the WWE 'Big Man' era, if he'd had another 30 pounds or so he would have been a legend right up there with Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels.

joeSoap
16/11/2005, 10:38 AM
Mr.Perfect for me was an absolutely top wrestler. Superb technically and excellent on the mic. He was unfortunate to be at his peak at the height of the WWE 'Big Man' era, if he'd had another 30 pounds or so he would have been a legend right up there with Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels.
Curt Henning, or Mr. Perfect was easily the physical equal of Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart.Neither of them were 'big men'. As a sport, wrestling is decided by marketability. If you sell, you win belts.Hart & Michaels were just bigger box office than Henning I think.

tetsujin1979
16/11/2005, 11:58 AM
Curt Henning, or Mr. Perfect was easily the physical equal of Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart.Neither of them were 'big men'. As a sport, wrestling is decided by marketability. If you sell, you win belts.Hart & Michaels were just bigger box office than Henning I think.
Hennig was in the WWE at the wrong time, it was all about big men throwing small guys around, at the time Michael and Hart were at their peaks, it was more technical and high flying styles that were topping the bill. For me, Hart was the best ever, he wrestled all kinds of opponents, and made each and every one of them look good. The closest anyone comes to him right now is Chris Benoit.

joeSoap
16/11/2005, 12:07 PM
It seems that Benoit is leaving the WWE. He's had an offer from TNA, the crowd that Christian, Raven and quitea few others semm to have gone to. Apparently they wrestle in a six sided ring??

sadloserkid
16/11/2005, 12:12 PM

You confuse my intended point joeSoap... Curt Hennig's prime years never saw him rise above Intercontinental Champion because he peaked before the Hart/Michaels era when the whole federation was geared around Hulk Hogan and whatever slow, ponderous hulk was jobbing to him at any given time (Andre The Giant, Zues, Sid Justice/Vicious, even early Undertaker etc). Only Randy Savage offered anything different at the time, The Ultimate Warrior came and went at bewildering speed and petty jealousy on Hogan's part limited his success anyway. In this market, Mr.Perfect, along with top drawer stars like Kerry Von Erich and Rick Steamboat were left to squabble for leftovers in the midcard. Any of those men would be a megastar today, putting the likes of John Cena to shame.

sadloserkid
16/11/2005, 12:14 PM
It seems that Benoit is leaving the WWE. He's had an offer from TNA, the crowd that Christian, Raven and quitea few others semm to have gone to. Apparently they wrestle in a six sided ring??

Raven I should add was criminally underused by the WWE...

Shelsman
16/11/2005, 12:54 PM
Most of these deaths ( 'heart failure' ) probably down to the use of steroids.

Do you remember when Randy Savage jumped off the corner post with the adjudicator's bell and crushed a fella's windpipe ( Jake the Snake? ) -was that real or what?

sadloserkid
16/11/2005, 12:57 PM
Do you remember when Randy Savage jumped off the corner post with the adjudicator's bell and crushed a fella's windpipe ( Jake the Snake? )

No... but I'm absolutely fascinated. Jake 'The Snake' Roberts really fell from grace actually, chronic drug addiction and back child support payments running to six figures the last I heard! :eek:

joeSoap
16/11/2005, 1:11 PM
No... but I'm absolutely fascinated. Jake 'The Snake' Roberts really fell from grace actually, chronic drug addiction and back child support payments running to six figures the last I heard! :eek:
Last seen offering wrestling lessons in Portsmouth of all places...maybe to the footballers..sad really (http://www.weht.net/WEHT/Jake_The_Snake_Roberts.html)

Duffer
16/11/2005, 1:19 PM
Remember Ravishing Rick Rude he used to kiss the girls out of the audience he became a senator or something to some town bit like arnie. :eek:

Duffer
16/11/2005, 1:20 PM
No punctuation at all in that post.
I'm prepared for the onslaught bring it on :o

tetsujin1979
16/11/2005, 3:48 PM
Ted "Million Dollar Man" DiBiase is now an tv evangelist!

Apparently they wrestle in a six sided ring??
Yeah, they do use the 6-sided ring. TNA !MPACT! is on Eurosport now. The Road Dogg is wrestling there are the Outlaw, and Billy Gunn is wrestling there too, can't think of his name. The promotion is owned by Jeff Jarrett and his father, it was originally PPV-only, but now they have a weekly show in Spike TV in the states

Armando
16/11/2005, 3:53 PM
Remember Ravishing Rick Rude he used to kiss the girls out of the audience he became a senator or something to some town bit like arnie. :eek:

Sadly, I'm pretty sure he passed away too, a couple of years ago.

SaucyJack
16/11/2005, 5:32 PM

yeah, he's the senator of Deadville.