PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours - January 06

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

sligoman
14/11/2005, 8:13 AM
According to the Donergal News, Sean Flannery is mentioned as a possible target :mad:

Seems an arrogant man, so hopefully we'll stay clear of him. And anyway he'd be most likely staying with Sligo. Rafael Cretaro also mentioned as was an Institute player and an over the hill midfielder...

I just want McHugh + the rest of the younger members to sign contracts, and maybe try Devenny up front if he's back from Glasgow next year...The above is from a Finn Harps fan on here (http://www.irishfootie.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1511&start=0). Whatever about Flannery but there is no way Raf would leave us after years of trying to get us promoted, especially not to a FD club.

shedhead
15/11/2005, 10:34 AM
If we got these players

Colm Heffernan
Kevin McHugh
Alan Cawley
Keith Gilroy
Pat Purcell
Eric Levine
keeper other
right back other

add in
Faz, Ogrady, Ohara, Burns, Flannery, Cretero, McNamara, Feeney, Lowe, Mctiernan, McCann

We would be laughin all the way to mid table safety

gustavo
15/11/2005, 12:33 PM
I dont think we need another keeper John is a fine keeper and Alvin has done a good job when called upon.

sligoman
15/11/2005, 1:21 PM
I dont think we need another keeper John is a fine keeper and Alvin has done a good job when called upon.I agree, although, a third keeper wouldn't be too bad just to cover injuries, he would be 3rd in line though. Also, I dont think we need Levine, he's not good enough for the Premier Division and I just dont like his style as a player either.

shedhead
15/11/2005, 1:23 PM
sorry, meant as back up for O'Hara. O'Hara is one of the best keepers in the country , not sure bout Banana. Suppose we havent seen enough of him recently to say whether he's good enough or not.

Conor H
15/11/2005, 3:52 PM
...No chance of getting Lavine..sorry.
(waits for sligoman.."we wouldn't want him..he's a cheat..bla....bla..bla:D )

Royal rover
15/11/2005, 3:52 PM
i think we have to be realistic, Connor spoke about bringing maybe 4 or 5 players for next season , personally if rovers (Shamrock) go down i would love to see Trevor molloy playing for us, i think he would be a great asset, and he plays with passion and determination, other than that i expect to see 2 or 3 coming from england, although this may not be benefical in the long term as we have all seen before i think next season should be about survival, i think we have a great advantage over the likes of longford, Drogheda and Waterford in that the town is a pure soccer town and everything else comes second, so if financially the club is order it would be easier to attract decent players, mchugh is also one i would love to see playing for us, some of you will have a bias opinion of Flannery, and although i haven't seen him more than six times this season i am yet to be convinced that he is good enough for the premier league, if i was Sean Connor i would also hold on to o'donnell he has a huge amount of potential and what we would call raw talent!

Rory H
15/11/2005, 4:43 PM
connor will explore rhe non irish market again..we dont sign players freom the is leage...we signb players from the foreign land...like alaverez and low....get ready

The Stars
15/11/2005, 4:52 PM
what is that wildrover???? must be the most spelling mistakes ever in one post.good point though.

sligoman
15/11/2005, 7:17 PM
(waits for sligoman.."we wouldn't want him..he's a cheat..bla....bla..bla:D )Well you'll be waiting cos I've said all I have to say about Lavine.

dublinred
15/11/2005, 9:09 PM
connor will explore rhe non irish market again..we dont sign players freom the is leage...we signb players from the foreign land...like alaverez and low....get ready

All players have to be based near Sligo(not a bad thing) , hence we get few dubs willing to relocate but plenty of forgeiners.

sligoman
15/11/2005, 9:10 PM
All players have to be based near Sligo(not a bad thing) ,Not all players, sure Burns was living in England, training on his own over there and flew over here at the weekend for the game. Dont think he's doing that anymore though, anyone know?:confused:

Conor H
15/11/2005, 9:23 PM
Perhaps you need some help (http://www.oed.com)wildrover.

garykelly
15/11/2005, 10:29 PM
Not all players, sure Burns was living in England, training on his own over there and flew over here at the weekend for the game. Dont think he's doing that anymore though, anyone know?:confused:

Nope this isnt true. I believe initially he had stuff to sort out and flew back a couple of times but once settled he only few home once every so often. I believe he's also flying back for the night out on Friday 25th Nov, so he must like it around here :D

sligoman
15/11/2005, 10:31 PM
I believe he's also flying back for the night out on Friday 25th Nov, so he must like it around here :DWell he stayed the whole season, despite the chance to leave, so he obviously does:). Hopefully nobody comes in for him in January though:(

gustavo
16/11/2005, 11:43 AM
Pats tried to get Raf a couple of times but failed so i dont see why they would succeed this time!

foxfordred
16/11/2005, 12:28 PM
heard marty quinn at coleraine wants browne in january also heard connor wants young chris turner whos a pro right bac at derby and a friend of faz also a current n.i.under 19 international good player and a bit of an animal

Terry
16/11/2005, 2:39 PM
WHERE DOES HE EVEN LIVE MATE ?

Monaghan, i think

The Stars
16/11/2005, 3:56 PM
heard marty quinn at coleraine wants browne in january also heard connor wants young chris turner whos a pro right bac at derby and a friend of faz also a current n.i.under 19 international good player and a bit of an animal
where did you hear this one boss......

Redtop
16/11/2005, 4:17 PM
heard marty quinn at coleraine wants browne in january
i heard some club offered 7,000 for browne:eek: :D happy days

Redtop
16/11/2005, 4:20 PM
Who is Browne redtop?
paul browne we signed him half way through the season for about 7k didn't impress so far

Rory H
16/11/2005, 4:22 PM
Perhaps you need some help (http://www.oed.com)wildrover.

perhaps you need to go back to your own forum...theres no need for that...so what..i cant type when im drunk...its just the way i was born....

roversforever
16/11/2005, 4:22 PM
i heard some club offered 7,000 for browne:eek: :D happy days
happy days...i don't think so.between you and me we paid a good bit more than that for him.anyway i think he'll come good.

Rory H
16/11/2005, 4:25 PM
happy days...i don't think so.between you and me we paid a good bit more than that for him.anyway i think he'll come good.

i do too...he just needs to work harder

Redtop
16/11/2005, 4:26 PM
well the way im thinking of it is that if we get 7000 for him then we could put that towards a defender or another striker like kevin mc hugh..

Rory H
16/11/2005, 4:30 PM
well the way im thinking of it is that if we get 7000 for him then we could put that towards a defender or another striker like kevin mc hugh..

it think it was 15k that we paid

Redtop
16/11/2005, 4:37 PM
i think that we only paid 7,500 for him from what i can remember

sligoman
16/11/2005, 4:39 PM
i think that we only paid 7,500 for him from what i can rememberI thought it was 17,000 plus Tosh? Can the trust confirm, they paid it didn't they?:confused:

garykelly
16/11/2005, 6:15 PM
The trust can confirm a donation of 2,500 was made to sign Paul Brown, which was a third of the transfer fee. Lads, Paul Brown hasnt had the chance to impress in fairness to him. He's had to settle into a new club and area half way through a season and it's got to be hard on him.

It's no coincidence that the strikers at the club have performed wonderfully since we've signed brown.

redrov2005
16/11/2005, 7:06 PM
Any chance of Conal Murtagh coming back. Minnock would be a very good signing. He plays at left back and is very experienced which is what you need in the Premier Division.

redrov2005
16/11/2005, 7:21 PM
Re Chris Turner-Here's what the Irish Football association website has to say aboiut him..

THIS year is already turning out to be quite a memorable one for the adaptable 18-year-old from Ballymoney.

In January, Chris signed a year-and-a-half professional contract with Derby and he is now also training on a regular basis with the first team at Pride Park. However, the level headed teenager is taking it all in his stride.

"It's not an exaggeration to say it's a dream come true," Turner told the official club website.

"I'm involved in the first team set-up now and I'm just going to keep working as hard as I can to make that continue."

Chris will be a valuable asset to Mal Donaghy for the Finals in July, as although he normally plays at right-back, he is versatile enough to be utilised as a defensive midfield player, a role he has performed on a number of occasions.

The Stars
16/11/2005, 7:23 PM
Sign him up Sean

roversforever
16/11/2005, 10:39 PM
if he's involved with the derby first team why would he want to come to sligo rovers in all fairness.on the conall murtagh point...doubt if he'd come back but does anybody know if he got another team?

foxfordred
17/11/2005, 4:06 PM
because hes got a bit of a wild side to him and derby are offloading him

SligoBrewer
20/11/2005, 2:53 PM
If we got these players

Keith Gilroy

:eek: :
Not a hope. He's getting on very well with Albion. although we're not getting on too well in the conference but The Brewers are about to embark on a FA Cup Tour to remember!!!:D :D

sligoman
20/11/2005, 2:55 PM
Not a hope. He's getting on very well with Albion. although we're not getting on too well in the conference but The Brewers are about to embark on a FA Cup Tour to remember!!!:D :DSo SB, who would you prefer to see him with? Them or us?:confused:.

Shiba
22/11/2005, 2:14 AM
If we got these players

Colm Heffernan
Kevin McHugh
Alan Cawley
Keith Gilroy
Pat Purcell
Eric Levine
keeper other
right back other

add in
Faz, Ogrady, Ohara, Burns, Flannery, Cretero, McNamara, Feeney, Lowe, Mctiernan, McCann

How about Roy Keane! Im afraid Sean will be on a tight Budget so dont get to expectant on the amount and quality of signings

sligoman
22/11/2005, 2:17 AM
How about Roy Keane!Eh, sure, but I dont know if we'd take him. I mean, we already have O'Grady and all;) :D.

Shiba
22/11/2005, 2:26 AM
Sligoman, Do you ever sleep?

roversforever
22/11/2005, 4:12 PM
how sad are you being on rovers.com at 3.26 a.m.!!

gustavo
22/11/2005, 4:50 PM
maybe they work nights!

Shiba
22/11/2005, 5:26 PM
how sad are you being on rovers.com at 3.26 a.m.!!
Gustavo is right! Working nights so really not that sad as I get paid for been on the web site at 3:26am.

sligoman
23/11/2005, 6:55 PM
Barry Prenderville and Paul Donnelly were released by Pat's(see here (http://www.pfai.ie/index.php?mod=one&id=14572&PHPSESSID=d90cb31d4ad82056521ae302ddb84fe4)). They're now available for free. What do ye think about them two?:confused:

The Stars
23/11/2005, 9:17 PM
in todays champion it says where Connor is looking from players from.
One is a current international,a few from england,one from scotland and one from the netherlands

roversforever
24/11/2005, 10:05 AM
i seem to remember he was pretty sh!te against us in the cup.and anyway look at the season pats have just had and their releasing him.if he's not good enough for them i think we should stay well away from him.there's no point in brining in players unless they're better than what you've already got.

Rory H
24/11/2005, 10:18 AM
according to the man himself a championship player for 4 years who is a current international has agreed to join us

and we are in negotiations with a premier division player[mc hugh obviously:D ]

that interview in the champion sums sean up

"mourinho is a winner,im a winner" :D

and then addresses people not liking him..brilliant

sligoman
24/11/2005, 5:01 PM
that interview in the champion sums sean upIt's a funny interview alright:D.

More rumours: Keith Foy from Monaghan United. Plays left midfield or left back. He was with Nottingham Forest as a youth and was supposedly regarded as a hot prospect along with Andy Reid. But then he got injured and was let go. Joined a small English club and then returned to Ireland with Dublin City and then Monaghan.

He was supposedly on stand-by for Ian Harte for the last World Cup:eek:.

The Stars
24/11/2005, 5:28 PM
where did you hear that sligeach man?

sligoman
24/11/2005, 5:36 PM
where did you hear that sligeach man?Sources very close to Monaghan United;) :D.

gustavo
24/11/2005, 6:34 PM
isnt he a carrying some timber so to speak